Home General Discussion

Content creation tool goals survey

LetterRip
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
LetterRip polycounter lvl 10
Hi all,

I'm the release manager for Blender, and would be interested in where professional (and hobbiest) users would like future development of Blender to go, as well as what sort of funding interest there is.

I'd appreciate it if you would take this preliminary survey to see what sort of interest there is in funding Blender development directly in order to more fully meet your needs. This first survey is to get a rough idea of what the interest level is - where you think things are at right now; where you think things should go in the future. I'll use the top 10 feature requests and top 10 bugs as a basis for voting on priorities. (Ie I'll take the data from this survey, summarize it, then when someone signs up for the plan they can vote on the priorities from a list of suggested ones based on this survey, although write ins can be added also, etc.)

Survey of Blender Development goals and needs

If this survey shows enough interest than I'll try and get the ball rolling to make it happen. I already have a number of core developers who would be willing and able to put more time into Blender and focus more on what you guys want and need if the funding is available.

Thanks,

Tom Musgrove
LetterRip

Replies