Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    come challenge me on 360 :D
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone know when this comes out for PC?
  • ThatDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThatDon polycounter lvl 11
    Just incase anyone wanted to play me on xbox live my gamer tag thingy is

" Thisdon "
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Slum, I believe it is June.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Watch out, Vahl is very challenging opponent!
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    And watch out for Lee's blanka :D.

bah I was lazy didn't plug in my arcade stick haha :) did it straight after though.

Anytime Lee was really fun :D.

The focus attacks are really awesome, after playing a little more yesterday night we found a few techniques to make ultra placement easier.
  • Addi_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just got home from a friends house, we played SF4 interspaced with Puzzle Fighter on ps3 till 4am. Good times ^_^;
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Its SF 2 revamped. Which is exactly what I need. There are some plebs online as well as some pretty decent fighters. Blanka, Chun Li and Honda quick fire tap before landing gets the in-experienced pretty easily.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I played some last night for the first time. I agree it's pretty overall. But I'm with whoever was saying that the animations were too 2D. I felt like everything was TOO quick, and snappy. Basically just switching between key poses.

By Comparison we also played a bit of MK vs DC, who's animations I'm absolutely in love with. That game is really awesome all around as well.

BTW, I thought it was hilarious how they did this stylized muscles on everyone, making them look kind of gritty, but Ken's face is pristine, and doesn't look like it matches his body at all.
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanConroy polycounter lvl 18
    Another 360 player here if anyone wants a couple of games tonight.

Gamertag is DannyCons
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Got the PS3 version if anyone wants to get beat down... but not right now, all my stuff is packed away.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    so last night I played it on very hard and the last guy SETH took me like 2 or 3 hours to beat, that guy is one of the cheapest boss's that I have played in a while. That one special move where he makes you become a part of him even when he isnt close to hitting you with it, its freaking automatic, i dont know how many times I had it where all I needed was one more hit to win and he does that crap. Anyway after the satisfaction of beating it I wanted to see if it got any harder and yep it freaking did and its called HARDEST or something, so once again I got to SETH and another few hours of his cheapness I beat him again. Now I have to go and put my remote back together...

I was using RYU!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    2 hours to beat a boss on hard? I can't even beat Abel on bloody easy.

I'm getting too old for this shit.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    CPU Abel, like CPU Zangief is a bitch to play against. Use a lot of weak punches/kicks to push them off so they don't throw you every time.

I get the feeling Abel will be one of the best new characters. His little roll move is very useful for dodging attacks and getting in close to do his throws. He's a grappler that's a lot more fun to play than Zangief.

My biggest peeve playing online are the chumps that wait for time to pass in the character select screen, then at the last second go and pick Akuma. If you want to be a pansy bitch, just pick him from the start.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    I dont believe it the game is sold out in the two shops near me ... arrgghhh
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    Yea im getting to old for it too! Even though I beat it on hard i still get my ass kicked online haha
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    after playing this game a bit more i'm starting to get the timing down and liking it allot more. really getting into it.

personally i love the animations. it makes it non only look like a 2d game but it plays like one, which is a good thing. not sure how you can like the animations from marvel vs dc more tumerboy. i cringe every time i watch my roommate play that game. everyone looks so stiff. and all the female characters look like men when they walk around.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    The game isn't sluggish... it's slow. There's a huge difference.
    Once you play some more and get the timing down you'll see how responsive the game is. The game is really good at detecting your inputs.

The input windows are different, I think, for both normal and special moves. You'll notice this when you do the training challenges where you have to link normal attacks together. In this instance the game requires you to be really precise. You can't spam a button and hope your attack will connect. It's almost as if the game knows this and punishes you.

But for special movies it's totally different. These you can que up and buffer just like in old SF games. These have their own timing windows, too.
    For example... I can do Zangief's green hand and while that anim is playing I can start doing the motion for a 360 or 720 d-pad input so that near the end of the green hand anim, I press the punch button. And if the attack isn't interupted, Zangief will go into his grab motion. I LOVE THIS.
    The same for your standard c.mk -> fireball combo. You can input the fireball command well before the c.mk animations is even completed.

Keep playing it pior, you'll get the hang of the timing. I was playing A LOT of 3rd strike before this game out. I'm still adjusting... but getting a good hold on the timing now.

I like Abel. I'm gonna start and trying to play him more. Been doing a lot of 'geif playing lately.

Costume packs are out, btw!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    love this game, the style, the combos everything, best thing to happen to this franchise since third strike
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    i'm apparently one of the worst players ever
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    haven't played but i think Capcom missed an opportunity to add a Create-a-Fighter to SF4.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Create a fighter ? what on earth for ? make your own fighter to fight against the CPU ? lame..

And I certainly wouldn't be interested in fighting someone else's frankenstein..
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Ordered it! :D
    Im ready to kick ass when i get it! :P
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Asherr wrote: »
    haven't played but i think Capcom missed an opportunity to add a Create-a-Fighter to SF4.

I have never seen a create-a-fighter feature that had any depth whatsoever. The beauty of street fighter has always been its great characters.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    MK vs DC was sluggish. And I haven't like the 3d MK animations ever. Static text book pose to static text book pose for all the combos. (dial a combo, xxa, xxy, xxb... UGH!)
    SF4 isn't Guilty Gear XX but I wouldn't call it slow. It's about on par with Soul Caliber 4 in terms of speed.

I'm loving it. A good return to form. Takes what was great about SF2 and updates it and adds layers of style to it.

Wishing it had a round robin type of deal for player profiles. Passing the controllers around kind of skews %'s. But that's always been my biggest gripe about 360: dynamic profile switching. Those who play Rock Band with a lot of people know what I'm talking about.

And is it just me, or is the announcer the same guy from Pokemon Stadium?!

Create a Fighters are fun to mess with(god knows how many hours I've put into them), but with SF4 I don't think it would work. Most of the models are solid meshes. Create a Stuff usually works better with bits and pieces. And then there's the balancing issues..

Theme song is tolerable in Japanese.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone found little fun things yet?

Like on the the airport stage, if you wait for the plane to roll by you can break the wing off when it comes over the play field and it goes flying into the background. :D

Outer doors on Old Temple break.

And the look on the opponent's face (especially Rufus) right before an ultra combo is priceless.

[edit] Oops... found a list of stuff on GameFAQs boards... among the half baked gibberish....[/edit]
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL wrote: »
    The game isn't sluggish... it's slow. There's a huge difference.
    Once you play some more and get the timing down you'll see how responsive the game is. The game is really good at detecting your inputs.

The input windows are different, I think, for both normal and special moves. You'll notice this when you do the training challenges where you have to link normal attacks together. In this instance the game requires you to be really precise. You can't spam a button and hope your attack will connect. It's almost as if the game knows this and punishes you.

But for special movies it's totally different. These you can que up and buffer just like in old SF games. These have their own timing windows, too.
    For example... I can do Zangief's green hand and while that anim is playing I can start doing the motion for a 360 or 720 d-pad input so that near the end of the green hand anim, I press the punch button. And if the attack isn't interupted, Zangief will go into his grab motion. I LOVE THIS.
    The same for your standard c.mk -> fireball combo. You can input the fireball command well before the c.mk animations is even completed.

Keep playing it pior, you'll get the hang of the timing. I was playing A LOT of 3rd strike before this game out. I'm still adjusting... but getting a good hold on the timing now.

I like Abel. I'm gonna start and trying to play him more. Been doing a lot of 'geif playing lately.

Costume packs are out, btw!

I get what your saying with the timing windows. I'm trying to get through the challenges right now with cammy and i'm having a really hard time with the combos on her 4th challenge. I'm really enjoying the game now, but i never have much time to put into it. still havn't unlocked akuma, gouken or seth yet. I'm still debating what character to start learning and going in depth with.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    The game is getting cooler, I'm sorry I doubted Capcom.
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    This game is so damn addicting.. Anyone unlock akuma gouken and seth yet? If trying to beat the game on easiest setting was hard for you, trying to unlock akuma and the rest is gonna be hell...
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got Akuma and Gouken. I'll unlock Seth when I get around to beating arcade with everyone, which won't be for a while most likely...

I set it to easiest and 1 round wins for them.

Akuma needs everyone but Akuma, Gouken and Seth unlocked, one perfect round and no continues.

Make sure that you have beat arcade with Akuma one time prior to trying to unlock Gouken, and have everyone but Gouken and Seth unlocked. Then it's just two perfects and 3 Ultra finishes and no continues to get Gouken.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    yeah got Akuma, Gouken and seth

Gouken is actually quite interesting to play with, seth, not so much
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    This game is so damn hard, I suck. :D Even on easy I think it's the third stage (the cruise ship) I can't get past. Gotta find me a moves list somewhere. Anyone notice if a round ends with a really big move a guy will sometimes fall into the ring in that round? lol

It plays great though (better with the analogue stick that the d-pad because of the sluggishness) and the animation looks great, dunno what some people are on about.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrrghh I still dont own a copy someone somewhere hates me...
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the timing on some the Challenge Mode Trials is ridiculous.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the timing on some the Challenge Mode Trials is ridiculous.

I just learned this the other day, but when you RELEASE a button it counts as an input as well, so try doing some of your moves with release presses too if you're doing two attacks with the same button in a row.. it seems necessary for some combos.

for example:

ryu has one i did last night that i thought was impossible: it was jump HP, crouch HP, Hadoken, EX Focus attack.

to get the hadoken to work I had to jump, press punch, land, do a crouching punch, KEEP THAT PUNCH HELD DOWN, do the qcf movement, THEN let go, and the hadoken goes off faster and becomes part of the combo, then jam mp+mk to get the focus attack in.

man this game is deep.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll try to remember that. Cammy and Ryu are the only two I've completed on Normal so far.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'll try to remember that. Cammy and Ryu are the only two I've completed on Normal so far.

shit, normal? I haven't even got past that.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I'm into hard mode on the challenges with most characters now. I just hop around when one combo starts to irritate me. Took me forever to learn that to FADC you had to hold the mp+mk while you input the dash command. so now that I've got that down a lot of combos seem a lot easier. great game so far, and I'm glad it's selling well. Now Capcom can give us another Darkstalkers dammit!!!!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree wrote: »
    Now Capcom can give us another Darkstalkers dammit!!!!

Oh man... if it's in the same style and depth... *passes out*

I'm waiting on content packs. More characters and stages!
    I've read DeeJay and THawk made it to pre-texturing stages and if the demand was there they would finish them up and release them...

I personally would like to see other characters (Skullomania!) but those two would round out the SuperSF2 roster. I looked up the entire roster on Wikipedia... oh man I don't even recognize 2/3 of the names from past Alpha1.. O.o;

They should do a Final Fight pack with Mike Haggar, Cody, Guy, Sodom and Rolento.. :D

Who would you guys like to see for DLC? What's your dream pack?

Yeah, I bounce around the Challenges as well... I got to Ken's jump Hard.P, stand Hard.P, Light Hurrican Kick, Med DragonPunch, Focus EX and gave up... (At least I think that was the combo, it was rediculous).

And trying to get Sagat's fake kick was driving me insane..
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    In case anyone's curious:

tierlist.jpg
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, just saw a new tier listing placing Viper in S+ tier. Seems she is climbing the ranks as people learn to use her.

"This was the most recent tier list from Tougeki Damashii:

S +

Sagat, Viper, Gouki, Zangief

S

Ryu, Bison, Rufus, Blanka

A
    Chun li, Vega, Ken, Dalshim, Abel, Honda, Fuerte

B
    Balrog, Guile

Balrog, Vega, and Bison are referring to their Japanese names (i.e. Balrog = Claw)."

Not sure on Guile being bottom tier. I guess time will tell now that it's on consoles. I want to know where the console only characters are gonna place as I cannot seem to win with Gen, who I intended on maining :/ oh well, practice practice!!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Vega(claw) and Guile are low ranked because the command for their Super/Ultra combos is the hardest to pull off. Charge Down-back, down-forward, down-back, up-forward + KKK.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    anyone know a good way to beat seth on easy mood to unlock gouken , I got akuma but the 2 perfects+ 3 ultra finishes I can do but when I get to seth I just cant time his timings he grabs me OUT OF RAGING DEMON, SERIOUSLY YOU CANT OUT GRAB AKUMA OUT OF RAGING MOTHER FUCKING DEMON, FUCK!

*Insert 20 more fucks for fucking sake*
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you on easy mode or the easy setting below it? If not at the lowest setting he's a pain. I set it on easiest or something to get my characters unlocked. 1 round, 30 sec rounds and easiest. rounds have to be bumped to 60 sec in order to build ultra for the Gouken unlock though.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spam heavy kick.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Unlocked all the characters woot. This proved to be a helpful site.
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    Yup got em all too.. but yeah getting gouken was quite a feat. When I got to Seth, I basically did a jump kick follwed by a sweep, then right when he gets up, did a hurricane kick, repeat that a few more times and he'll see stars. then fight gouken is a breeze.

I was playing online one time, and saw someone using Cammy in a special costume. Does anyone know how they unlocked that?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 wrote: »
    I was playing online one time, and saw someone using Cammy in a special costume. Does anyone know how they unlocked that?

That Femme Fatale costume pack is supposed to be released today.. the 24th. Not up when I checked a few minutes ago. Might be different in other regions.

And yeah, spam Akuma's heavy kicks. Jump in heavy kick, sweep, spam heavy or hurrican kick. If he tries to focus attack first kick cancels the focus and hits with the second kick. A few hits and he's dizzy. Seth's defense is higher than other characters so his life bar will be fuller than other characters at dizzy.

*Make absolutely sure you have beat arcade mode with Akuma one time before getting Gouken.*

You shouldn't have too much trouble on easiest setting with 1 round. Just don't get frustrated. Seth seems to be one of those AI's that if you get too fancy on the lowest difficulty they beat your ass. "oh they are doing complex stuff. they must have high skill so I'll adjust".. when you play like a noob the AI does too. ;)
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    on the easiest setting i've found that bison is the easiest character to play. his jump and HK and crouch and HK are easy to trick the AI with. plus his ultra isn't too hard to pull off. EX psycho roll thingy is really good against the opponent. it's how i unlocked akuma and gouken. just remember to jump and kick against seth to start. works to almost every time on the easiest setting.