Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Sci-Fi Mech

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tian polycounter lvl 3
Hello!

It's my first post here :) I have been working on a mech model for couple days now and I would like to hear your feedback. Any tips? What could I change/add? Critique? I really want to get better and any feedback would be great.

So this is what I've made so far:
A3OVISq.jpg

I have been using a concept art (I don't know who made it, I just found it on google while I was looking for something different long time ago)
Ryq7a5S.jpg

It's made in Blender, I've been using Blender for ~4 years but last year more intensively.
I'm planning to retopo this high poly model after I finish adding any more details. BTW whats the best software for retopology?

Cheers

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks cool so far man, I dig it! I think it would be better however to try and setup a camera similar to the concept to compare proportions and stuff. Its really hard to tell currently how close yours matches up in these screen shots.

As for retop, its all about personal preference really, at the end of the day its just a tool. I started using modo and personally I have never found a program better for retopo. I have used, zbrush, max, topogun, 3d paint, and now modo and imo Modo is much easier then all of those. anyway, looking forward to seeing more!
  • Tian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tian polycounter lvl 3
    hey,
    sorry for not posting any thing in a long time but I was busy, and this weekend I finaly got time to do more with my mech :) I almost finished texturing, still need to work on smaller details and I still need to UV unwrap, bake normals and texture the gun for this mech.

here are some screenshots from marmoset:
    nZDeDDW.png?1
    Mw0Dy5k.png?1
    6JGyll4.jpg?1
    tHdU1lN.png