Home Technical Talk

Learning Texturing - Eat 3D DvD still useable?

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hello there,

i want to improve my basic texturing knowledge and iam quite not sure if the techniques from Eat 3D-DvD are still common for now because the dvd is several years old: "Next-Gen Texturing Techniques" / http://eat3d.com/texturing

Please let me know if this dvd or another tutorial that could help me to learn how to texture right by getting all basics up to good looking results for common game productions.

tell me whats your advice to this theme. i want a high class and high quality one.

Greetz

Replies

• AdvisableRobin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AdvisableRobin polycounter lvl 10
    If you are looking for doing 'next-gen'(I.E. Xbox One, PS4, etc.) texturing you want to look into some of the available tools and into Physically Based Rendering.

Look into Substance Designer and Substance Painter. The program's creator, Allegorithmic, has a youtube channel here is a very good source for learning the program.
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks so far but i want to learn it on the traditional way first after using all this automatic programms
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes i think these programs are the future but its mostly auto generated stuff that is getting an uniform look. I think its important to learn it on the basic way too because otherwise its quite hard to get a personal look. And i think its good to know how to tweak things manually.

if you know some good tutorial that i should have made. please post them

Greetz