Home Quixel Megascans

Option window do not show up

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Axcel polycounter lvl 14
It's my first day with ndo2, I'm using Photoshop CS6 and trial wersion of ndo. Naturally I have a fresh new normal map, without any additional layers. I'm making convertion from normal to ndo2 then making new layer and then I convert my selection to new element of normal. Lets say it's some circle bevel. nDo2 then should change interface to allow me modify just made bevel. But instead of this I stuck on convert window, which you can see below:

I stuck on this:
jxZdpaa.jpg
help

Regarding to this http://quixel.se/nDo2/nDo2_workflow.pdf

"nDo2 comes with more than 50 unique sliders and normal tweaking options, letting you experiment with your normals in endless ways. The moment a new normal has been created a tweaking interface will show up."

Interface should just show up.

DE1Svok.jpg I want to call this options.

Replies

• Axcel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axcel polycounter lvl 14
    I found out that if I check auto-create, ndo2 automatically change interface from convertion screen and allow me to modify my bevels. Is this the only way to get to "modify screen"?
    kN3uGy3.jpg
  • Axcel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axcel polycounter lvl 14
    When I try to go to other layer by nDo (above or below), nDo crashes. Anyone can tell me how to pop up modify screen or edit previously made selection? With everything I have only one shot to make it right.

Going into sculpt mode or changing bevel type also crashes nDo. Looks like MOST of functionality of nDo don't work. :D
  • Axcel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axcel polycounter lvl 14
    Also it crashes when I want to create AO from normal in any of 3 ways.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Pussik,

The high number of crashes you are experiencing is quite abnormal and most likely due to a corrupt Photoshop preference file. To restore your preferences, hold Ctrl Alt Shift when starting Photoshop and press OK to delete the broken preference file. If this does not help, you may have an anti-virus application running that is destructively interfering with nDo2 and Photoshop. If you have any such applications running, temporarily disable them and see if this has any effect on the issue.

Also, nDo2 has been discontinued and is thus no longer supported. I understand you have been issues getting the SUITE version of NDO up and running -- it could likely be due to the instability issues you are already experiencing. Try the latest version of the SUITE NDO here (uploaded a few minutes ago) and let us know how it goes: http://quixel.se/suite/Install_Quixel_SUITE.zip

- Teddy
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a small update here for anyone else with similar issues:

Pussik has kindly taken the time for some live troubleshooting and we have concluded a bunch of the crashes were related to full scratch disks. The issue with NDO crashing on start has been fixed and will be part of next release. We are currently troubleshooting the missing bevel options and a fix is in the works.

- Teddy