1EhKXuC.jpg

Where can these files be found?
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    espaki wrote: »
    Where can these files be found?

the test client update, i extracted the .vpks's with vpk.exe, but you can use gcfscape as well to view the contents of the .vpk
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    For anyone else thats interested

HOJPZU6.jpg
  • pear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pear polycounter lvl 8
    ahhhhh im so happy my TA hair is on the update page
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Congrats everyone !!
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Congrats everyone.

I know it's an exciting time but i could still use crits :D

Swapped the hat colors and lighting a bit to try and makje it stand out more
    new%20hat%20color.jpg
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yey, congrats peeps, so many good stuff!
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ wrote: »
    For anyone else thats interested

HOJPZU6.jpg

Thank you Trevor. Is Valve making workshop items available for Terror? Doesnt seem like it based off looking at Dota 2 test.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Oroboros wrote: »
    Thank you Trevor. Is Valve making workshop items available for Terror? Doesnt seem like it based off looking at Dota 2 test.

If you look at the test schema he's already divided up, has 4 equip slots.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    There is a whole bunch of sets on the files that are not ingame yet, like Zip's amazing Gyrocopter! Can't wait to see if we get even more stuff in the future!

Meanwhile, I'm still working on NP's set, made some good progress today :D

AgpIA4G.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I'm still working on NP's set, made some good progress today :D

This set keeps looking better and better, I really like were its going cant wait to see it finished
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    kite212 wrote: »
    This set keeps looking better and better, I really like were its going cant wait to see it finished

Thanks a lot! I'm really having a great time working on it with Artypi, and it's being a lot of fun so far!
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    kite and belkun: Man your avatars are confusing at first glance I keep seeing a double post.

Great work on the NP set, he's really come on today! Those flowers looks especially nice.
  • rebelholic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @TrevorJ

Can I make an weapon like long sword for terrorblade because it seems valve already divided to 4 parts?
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    Trevor - if you've got the files for him squirreled away you had better not hold out on us.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK wrote: »
    kite and belkun: Man your avatars are confusing at first glance I keep seeing a double post.

I can use this one :poly136:
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it depends, this is from the "launched" version of our Gyro bomb we needed to make, it has the "attach_hitloc" and a custom one, but this is also a completely separate model from the cosmetic version, so it may be different, just figured it might be worth sharing.
    $attachment "attach_hitloc"
    $attachment "attach_fuse"

Once again I've been trying things for hours and nothing is working. I think the part that's losing me is...
    1) I have the particle set up and ready to go and I put it in the appropriate folder (particles/econ/items/hero)<-is this the right folder?
    2) I have the qc file edited with the $attachment command, I've tried both attach_hitloc and making my own attach_name...

But I have no idea how to link the pcf file to the qc file. It feels like the $attachment command is used to attach to a specific bone but there is nothing in the qc file or the attach command that actually relates to the pcf file! So when I go in to test my compiled qc there is no particle effect attached to the item. What exactly is it that ties the $attachment/model to the specific particle effect file?
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo wrote: »
    Once again I've been trying things for hours and nothing is working. I think the part that's losing me is...
    1) I have the particle set up and ready to go and I put it in the appropriate folder (particles/econ/items/hero)<-is this the right folder?
    2) I have the qc file edited with the $attachment command, I've tried both attach_hitloc and making my own attach_name...

But I have no idea how to link the pcf file to the qc file. It feels like the $attachment command is used to attach to a specific bone but there is nothing in the qc file or the attach command that actually relates to the pcf file! So when I go in to test my compiled qc there is no particle effect attached to the item. What exactly is it that ties the $attachment/model to the specific particle effect file?

Maybe Tvidotto would have a better idea about adding this, he did the coin particle on the BH item. With the Gyro bomb I just rigged it to line up with the defaults, then Valve had to code it in

Edit: What item are you trying to add a particle to?
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, sorry i forgot i didnt post the pic with Terrorblade with no items. And no i dont have the model this is just from the model viewer. Im pretty sure there is a way to decompile the .mdl i just never have. Im sure someone like Vlad knows, or already has, i'm just going to doodle on these for now though for ideas.

JK7pHA5.jpg
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe Tvidotto would have a better idea about adding this, he did the coin particle on the BH item. With the Gyro bomb I just rigged it to line up with the defaults, then Valve had to code it in

Edit: What item are you trying to add a particle to?

A character's weapon. Specifically Meepo. I've been using Dazzle's pipe w/ smoke particle as an example in terms of studying the qc file/mimicking file structure.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, sorry i forgot i didnt post the pic with Terrorblade with no items. And no i dont have the model this is just from the model viewer. Im pretty sure there is a way to decompile the .mdl i just never have. Im sure someone like Vlad knows, or already has, i'm just going to doodle on these for now though for ideas.

Well if you really can't wait for Valve to add him to the workshop page....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/98g3fl8duwl5zzt/Terrorblade.zip

Edit: Please note, I did not include the textures, just the smd's
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    Congratz everyone :D
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Congrats to everyone that got anything ingame!

@Konras: Nice to see your lina set ingame ;)
  • rebelholic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Has anyone interested to join this steam group: www.steamcommunity.com/groups/d2pas ?
  • Hawkseye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawkseye polycounter lvl 4
    And again i set myself up for disappointment. I dont know why Valve avoids me but im pretty much done. I dont wanna have to wait 9 months between every time they accept something or to even get some communication from them.

I think i might make some concepts that anyone can pick up instead and focus on other things.

Anyway, a big congrats to everyone who got accepted this time. :]
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a question:
    How often does Dota 2 get items ingame?
    And gz for all who has items ingame now.
  • rebelholic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Hawkseye & @cagdasx44
    Because of that, we need AMA with a valve employee on this forum to answers their secret and more transparency from them
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    congrats everyone that got an item in game =]
    Yes but in this case rapiers actually works for kunkka

@trevor - it still doesn't have the rotating ability.

now my idea is to replace the whale, but my lack of skills on loading it is delaying me... anyone know how to load a cosmetic on dota test? I know that is possible because i saw cyborgmatt using a pimp furion on the test client
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    hXo0icV.jpg

Up for colab ;D
  • PKSpark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawkseye wrote: »
    And again i set myself up for disappointment. I dont know why Valve avoids me but im pretty much done. I dont wanna have to wait 9 months between every time they accept something or to even get some communication from them.

I think i might make some concepts that anyone can pick up instead and focus on other things.

At least you have 3 sets added! Which is superior to my 1/80 Added/Pending ratio
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think im just about done with these blades. How do the textures look? any critiques?

Hm6jh9g.jpg
  • Andumy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andumy polygon
    I think im just about done with these blades. How do the textures look? any critiques?

Hm6jh9g.jpg

i love the ideea of the blades attached to his arms ,well done :D
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that we he can still crack a beer and be ready for a scrap :D I think they look pretty good.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Guys sorry if this has been asked before but are Ember Spirits animations slightly messed up? Check out how he is holding the sword in both pics.

Kk0zvr9.jpg
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10

I know how you feel. I have no intention of giving up, I enjoy doing this way too much for that, but I really need to get something else accepted soon or I may not be able to justify spending all this time on it. That would really suck. :(

I don't think now is the time to worry over it, though, the competition for CNY was extreme. Congrats to everyone that got something accepted, every single item deserved it! :)
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mdk, probably, there are qu9ite a few characters with issues like that in some anims

If it is attached properly in bind pose that's about all you can do
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8

Yeah I'm feeling the same way, Hawkseye. I do enjoy making all these things and working with different heroes is a lot of fun. I think I'm gonna take a short break after I finish my Earth Spirit set and focus on some other portfolio pieces for GDC since pretty much everything I've done for the past 6 months is Dota stuff, which I feel looks great in a portfolio anyway. I just wish I could say I have more than just 1 item accepted. But on the flip side, I have an item in Dota2, how many people can say that?

Hopefully in the coming weeks we get some more communication from Valve from whatever Adam has cooking up.
  • Hawkseye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Yeah I'm feeling the same way, Hawkseye. I do enjoy making all these things and working with different heroes is a lot of fun. I think I'm gonna take a short break after I finish my Earth Spirit set and focus on some other portfolio pieces for GDC since pretty much everything I've done for the past 6 months is Dota stuff, which I feel looks great in a portfolio anyway. I just wish I could say I have more than just 1 item accepted. But on the flip side, I have an item in Dota2, how many people can say that?

Hopefully in the coming weeks we get some more communication from Valve from whatever Adam has cooking up.

Yea, all i've really been doing in the last 18 months is dota stuff (ever since the workshop became available). They accepted the first set within a month and then it took 9 months for the next 2 sets. And now its been 7 months since last time. Really hard to keep morale up sometimes when theres a patch with items every week or month and you just get disappointed.

Anyway, as i said im gonna slow down a bit and just do some concepts and smaller stuff. Im not done yet, at least. There are still a few unavailable heroes i really wanna make items for like Timbersaw and Tinker. :]
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hang in there man. I went for close to a year without accepted items, just keep making and more than anything, keep collaborating. You've only gotten better over time, same as with anyone else who's been at it for a while here on PC.

As has been said many times:
    UvljQrB.jpg
  • Plant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »

It's been 9 months since I've had something accepted (Just got a cny juggward in!), previously nearly everything I made was accepted~

I managed to luck out on custom particles TA set which have been earning me large profits throughout the year, but I was starting to feel very depressed about my latest creations not making it in game, despite high ratings and me personally feeling they were high quality.

All I can say is to have fun, I work in film so I make very few things due to time constraints, I decided to try something for CNY that got in, even though I hate a deadline. It was a big motivational boost, my mind was wondering if I was importing things incorrectly, if the files showup upside down at valves end even though its correct on mine and all kinds of things.

If you get upset with the workshop it will drain the life out of you, its a void you throw something into that might spit something out, if you make something you have to accept the risk that whatever you made will get lost in that void.

Approach other artists, maybe working with someone else will help you see things you didn't see before.
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    Plant wrote: »
    It's been 9 months since I've had something accepted, previously nearly everything I made was accepted~

I managed to luck out on custom particles TA set which have been earning me large profits throughout the year, but I was starting to feel very depressed about my latest creations not making it in game, despite high ratings and me personally feeling they were high quality.

All I can say is to have fun, I work in film so I make very few things due to time constraints, I decided to try something for CNY that got in, even though I hate a deadline. It was a big motivational boost, my mind was wondering if I was importing things incorrectly, if the files showup upside down at valves end even though its correct on mine and all kinds of things.

If you get upset with the workshop it will drain the life out of you, its a void you throw something into that might spit something out, if you make something you have to accept the risk that whatever you made will get lost in that void.

Approach other artists, maybe working with someone else will help you see things you didn't see before.

I feel the same way, I made 5 items in the first batch ever to go into the game, I thought after that it would all be great, but since then I havent gotten anything accepted, and with over 90 submissions i thought something woulve gotten in already. All you can do is keep trying i guess!!
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    There's no sense in endlessly hoping for an outcome. At the end of the day you need to decide how much of your time is worth spending on this stuff. If you love doing this (specifically making items for Dota), go for it. If you'd rather do something else but wouldn't mind some money from this pursuit, you can do it too, just don't dedicate all of your time. Valve is as fickle as the rest of the community. If your items (on average) don't get ridiculous amounts of people excited within twelve seconds of upload, then don't expect it to be in, it'll be easier on your nerves. The workshop isn't small anymore and has become increasingly commercialized. The big names that have a billion things in will keep getting things in because their 'brand' so-to-speak is out there, it's no different from any other industry.

You're better off doing stuff that you truly enjoy. It will show in your work. It might not immediately pay, but it will eventually.
  • Hawkseye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Plant wrote: »
    It was a big motivational boost, my mind was wondering if I was importing things incorrectly, if the files showup upside down at valves end even though its correct on mine and all kinds of things.

Man that is just spot on. :D
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    aivanov wrote: »
    There's no sense in endlessly hoping for an outcome. At the end of the day you need to decide how much of your time is worth spending on this stuff. If you love doing this (specifically making items for Dota), go for it. If you'd rather do something else but wouldn't mind some money from this pursuit, you can do it too, just don't dedicate all of your time. Valve is as fickle as the rest of the community. If your item (on average) don't get ridiculous amounts of people excited within twelve seconds of upload, then don't expect it to be in, it'll be easier on your nerves. The workshop isn't small anymore and has become increasingly commercialized. The big names that have a billion things in will keep getting things in because their 'brand' so-to-speak is out there, it's no different from any other industry.

You're better off doing stuff that you truly enjoy. It will show in your work. It might not immediately pay, but it will eventually.

Seconded this all the way. Expecting submissions to go in the game just isn't realistic. The monetary/exposure should be an ulterior motive to making kick ass art and collaborating with badass artists.

As the workshop grows competition grows, and the bar is constantly being raised, that's just life.
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Really fun stream with really nice viewers today! Hope we can repeat that tomorrow :D

Here's the progress on the set so far!

Is3ZPo6.jpg
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice, that poly-paint turned out really nice. I think the small dots on the back are just the right amount of detail. Looking great, Is there a staff in this set?
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone know if you can create a collection through a browser? My internet connection at home crapped out last night before I could create it. I couldn't find a link and can't remember if it's done through the game client or not. Thanks!
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    You should be able to by logging onto steam through your browser and going to the Collection's page. There is a button on the right to create a collection.
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Nice, that poly-paint turned out really nice. I think the small dots on the back are just the right amount of detail. Looking great, Is there a staff in this set?

Thank you! There's not a staff yet but there will be! Artypi is working on it along with a treant too :D