Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• SNF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SNF
    Redone the textures on my Slark dagger. Still not entirely happy with them but its an improvement. Might come back to it and finish them later but for now I think I'm just gonna leave it and move on to something new.

HFtrfnG.jpg
  • jimanjr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should add a small shadow/ao around the straps. They look a bit out of place right now.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    I'm doing a pugna ward, and whatever I do the particle is sticked to the ground in one direction instead of being upwards like the default one.

2d1859e196.jpg

the ward is skinned to Root like the default one and in the settings to the bone it uses to fix the particle I wrote Root.

Anyone can help me? :d

edit: its a little hard to notice in a pic, but its in the ground, you can see the small dots touching the ground when they have to be upwards to the air
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    tumblr_mp9pc4lb2a1r43xj0o1_400.png
    turns out Navi used my splash art for my slark set for one of their shorts.
    the least could have done was credit me.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    meh, why being rude if you could just be nice and at least ask or credit someone. one reason i dont like em.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Hawt Probably someone responsible for visuals just googled Slark and was sure it was art made by Valve :) So in that way you can be proud! However yeah no one cares about artists those days... they can you can just google stuff and take it...
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    we should get player cards for contributors. can you immagine finishing a game and winning this mug?
    3pp7N.png
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    reverendK wrote: »
    we should get player cards for contributors. can you immagine finishing a game and winning this mug?
    3pp7N.png
    I am okay with this.
  • darkartsofneko
    I showed my item set to a friend of mine, and he mistook the cloth at the bottom of the shoulder piece for leaves, which was not my intention at all. And I was thinking I didn't like how much green there was in the set, so I made a few variations, and was hoping for feedback on which one you guys like the best.
    15_zps42484dd3.png
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Wow some really great work is being posted.
    @Popcorn: that nature set is great. Those mushrooms are just too funny :)

I'm getting close to finishing up my CK set, all the parts are done but unfortunatly I need to redo the head because in the portrait view it looked bad :S I'm yelous of the ppl who finish there sets so fast, It is taking me ages to get some progress on this one. I hope it will be worth it!

Comments are really welcome, so I can still change those things if necessary!

O3MmpQe.jpg
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    JeremyKlein: Wow, great textures! Love it x)

Highpoly done!
    wvbWx5e.jpg
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Jeremy - nice work from you and rayph!
    popcorn - cool NP set! makes me wanna make some treants too haha
    zaphk - awesome progress on your bat set so far! I like that head!

I just finished uploading a Bloodseeker set today. Hope you guys like it!

bloodseeker_marketing.jpg
    bloodseeker_modelshot.jpg
  • poodleswithguns
    just finished up a gun for sniper with Rayph.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156753608
    D52AB613EBFCB4A7ECD0B56386C2A2E6AB868CCEC4C0C6B9B3B1C2A22DB9B74F7C8BCF83ABE5ABE7

I am really hoping that they get this in!

as a happy sniper player this gun is tits and a little extra.

great work.
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.<3
    Zaphk wrote: »
    JeremyKlein: Wow, great textures! Love it x)

Highpoly done!
    wvbWx5e.jpg

Oh wow, so many awesome bat rider stuff in the works.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eddy Shin polycounter lvl 6
    i just submit DK set in workshop yesterday, not good but hope you guys will like it :D
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157085228
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc wrote: »

That set is sick.
  • Kraken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    I decided to submit hand separately. I'll rework set for Lion and make a new hand for him, because current one looks very different from other items.

cxEbUZd.jpg

tB96Veh.jpg
    sGt8GCs.jpg
  • HatPoweredSpyCrab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HatPoweredSpyCrab polycounter lvl 10
    fucking sick HntrLuc good luck with that.

In other words, I was just wondering, how much time do you guys actually spend playing the game you make items for? I watched my stats and realized I put Dota2 599 hours of my life D:. . My items are just ideas though. Feels Silly.:poly142:
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Spend less time playing games, more time making art ;)
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    If anyone is having particle importer bugs and quirks, post here :D
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=95453&p=640574#post640574
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I find that as I get older I play less and less games. Would rather make stuff for em these days.
  • RossC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RossC polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Guys, finally getting back into item making. I sketched alot of concepts for Invoker, but nothing really felt good for me except for my forge spirit concepts, so I decided to just try and shoot for releasing the forge spirit by itself rather than attaching it to a set.

Here's the basic mesh I made for the sculpting phase:
    xtRrGw1.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the results so far, enjoying pushing the silhouette out a bit more.

Question though:

I wanted to try and see how it worked in game at the very base mesh level. Is there a option for the compiler to use the default animations? Will I have to rip the animations out from the game and import them that way? I'm pretty sure I don't need custom animations for the design (though I may add some later, animations could probably give the flame mullet some more character.).
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10

Looks great!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Btw Huntr that set is epic :D I feel the weapon is kinda lacking a bit compared to the rest of the set in game because of the mipping of the texture just turns it into a red and white shape. But I really like the set :D
    Nice fist kraken!

Got my pose for drow done! Oh and textures. Fuck I finished making the skin all nice then I realized I needed to clamp the bones per vertex... and it broke it all! D:
    pose.jpg
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great set, HntrLuc.
    Items looks like they always were there. Only one bad thing i have noticed.
    Seemed like your weapon's textures were done in two stages: Zb, and PS later.
    Decor looks nice, it is supported by normals as well, but your blood stripes looks a bit messy, as they were made with round brush.
    The rest items are fantastic.

And I think your promo image will be better without paper ps filter.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Dvonio wrote: »
    I'm doing a pugna ward, and whatever I do the particle is sticked to the ground in one direction instead of being upwards like the default one.

2d1859e196.jpg

the ward is skinned to Root like the default one and in the settings to the bone it uses to fix the particle I wrote Root.

Anyone can help me? :d

edit: its a little hard to notice in a pic, but its in the ground, you can see the small dots touching the ground when they have to be upwards to the air

Still no one knows why this is happening? help please!! :D
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still no one knows why this is happening? help please!! :D
    Where is the model? Show us the rig. How do you import?
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Where is the model? Show us the rig. How do you import?

The geometry is not visible (all alpha xD) so you can see the problem in the particle, the item is rigged 100% influence to the Root bone (as the default ward) everything works fine except the default particle, there is a space to put the reference bone to the particle and I wrote root (tried with a lot of others too and rigging to others and still not working).

I import with the ability tool, there is a place for pugna nether ward ability and asks you for 3 animations, a reference bone for the particle.

But still cant make the particle work properly, the root bone in fbx model is ok, but in the smd file is rotated 90º degrees but rotating it and all didnt seem to change the particle going to north of the map.

thanks!
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    Btw Huntr that set is epic :D I feel the weapon is kinda lacking a bit compared to the rest of the set in game because of the mipping of the texture just turns it into a red and white shape. But I really like the set :D
    Nice fist kraken!

Got my pose for drow done! Oh and textures. Fuck I finished making the skin all nice then I realized I needed to clamp the bones per vertex... and it broke it all! D:
    pose.jpg

Niiice. The orange highlights really sell it!

I'll have to go back and watch your streams for this, I missed most of the progress while I was away.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11

That is some OniLolz/Zaphk level illustration, really nice! As for the set itself, I like that it's a lot more conservative and really utilities the already established design to the maximum. Really nicely done, my favorite BS set to date! I'm guessing the promo images are Xoliul shader?
  • bozza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone is having particle importer bugs and quirks, post here :D
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=95453&p=640574#post640574

Doneeeeee, though its hard for me to tell if im just being noob or its broken. ^_^
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm this option to edit particles in the submissiontool? Is it live yet? Can't find any option to test it : (
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paskie wrote: »
    Hmm this option to edit particles in the submissiontool? Is it live yet? Can't find any option to test it : (
    it is. Check out antimage or bounty hunter.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another donesies, this time with Robo.

eC1Mm5C.jpg
    2m2HWrd.jpg
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, Spud.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The geometry is not visible (all alpha xD) so you can see the problem in the particle, the item is rigged 100% influence to the Root bone (as the default ward) everything works fine except the default particle, there is a space to put the reference bone to the particle and I wrote root (tried with a lot of others too and rigging to others and still not working).

I import with the ability tool, there is a place for pugna nether ward ability and asks you for 3 animations, a reference bone for the particle.

But still cant make the particle work properly, the root bone in fbx model is ok, but in the smd file is rotated 90º degrees but rotating it and all didnt seem to change the particle going to north of the map.

thanks!
    It is not the reference bone for the particle, it's the hitbone location. Load up your model, assign the hit location to the topmost bone and post back.
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it is. Check out antimage or bounty hunter.

Oh, thx vlad. Thought it was live for all heroes. That explains why it's not present on Chen :) :thumbup:
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paskie wrote: »
    Oh, thx vlad. Thought it was live for all heroes. That explains why it's not present on Chen :) :thumbup:
    I guess it will be expanded further later on.
  • Hellmouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellmouth polycounter lvl 11
    EDIT: Would anyone be interested in a Nightstalker 3-item set? Probably not for the fainthearted due to the wings.

Nightstalker_PrimevalPredator.jpg
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    It is not the reference bone for the particle, it's the hitbone location. Load up your model, assign the hit location to the topmost bone and post back.

Yeah the hit works ok, and everything is ok except that particle

9df65f1556.jpg (all wip)

you can see there the particle is in the ground instead of in the middle of the 3 spikes (like the default one)

and you can see there http://puu.sh/3trhr/30b3a4590a.png (no insert because is long) how the rig is, all to the root bone (like the default one)

So I dont know whats happening or If I can leave it that way and if valve likes it they can fix the particle or something
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the hit works ok, and everything is ok except that particle

9df65f1556.jpg (all wip)

you can see there the particle is in the ground instead of in the middle of the 3 spikes (like the default one)

and you can see there http://puu.sh/3trhr/30b3a4590a.png (no insert because is long) how the rig is, all to the root bone (like the default one)

So I dont know whats happening or If I can leave it that way and if valve likes it they can fix the particle or something
    So i tested it myself and yes, the particles are borked in one direction no mater how you rotate the ward, the bone or the hero
    cUERMfn.jpg
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    So i tested it myself and yes, the particles are borked in one direction no mater how you rotate the ward, the bone or the hero
    cUERMfn.jpg

thank you so much, so what do I do now, wait for them to fix or upload without the fix and hope they fix later?

anyone had experience with this?

thanks vlad!
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you so much, so what do I do now, wait for them to fix or upload without the fix and hope they fix later?

anyone had experience with this?

thanks vlad!
    Upload and leave a dev comment. Then head out to dev.dota2.com and leave a comment here.
    Or the other way around.

I'd upload first, and report the bug later, because they can take forever to fix it, and if your model will be popular they will fix it faster.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Upload and leave a dev comment. Then head out to dev.dota2.com and leave a comment here.
    Or the other way around.

I'd upload first, and report the bug later, because they can take forever to fix it, and if your model will be popular they will fix it faster.

Thanks, I already posted on dev.dota on a particle bug thread that anuxi created yesterday, but will upload it when its finished and leave a dev comment and look trought dev.dota thank you man.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick question guys :) How do you now test your items in game with actual game going on with bots and creeps. Before there was possibility to preview your items after upload I tested it by replacing items manually with default ones that was a bit complicated. Is there a faster method now?
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Konras wrote: »
    Just a quick question guys :) How do you now test your items in game with actual game going on with bots and creeps. Before there was possibility to preview your items after upload I tested it by replacing items manually with default ones that was a bit complicated. Is there a faster method now?

There is now a button to test your items inside the game, you just have to press the dota2 icon button inside the importer here:
    3a0431e198.jpg

you can open multiple items with the additional item buttons at the left then press the dota button and all your items will be there
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Dvonio yes, however map is empty, no other heroes, no creep. I would like to take some video footage with some kills/skill usage. Or is there any console/chat command to actually start a game?
  • iRYO400
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras wrote: »
    @Dvonio yes, however map is empty, no other heroes, no creep. I would like to take some video footage with some kills/skill usage. Or is there any console/chat command to actually start a game?

just write in chat: "-startgame" or "-spawncreeps"
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -startgame at least doesn't work for me
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys , here's the set I'm working on

The texture is mostly just base colors except for the helm