Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - " Dead End " - FredSkin

Hi ! Finally, I enter a contest here ! I was looking for this one for ages, but I forgot about it, and now, I'm here, a bit late, yes yes, I know, but better late then never as we said !

So, the team :

Fred Mafra aka. FredSkin ...
( huh, seems that I'm alone ...x))

My theme is based on a "Dead End", with at the end a sewer entrance. Could be complicated to explain, and I apologize for my poor english in advance : I wanted to "create" 2 differents worlds on the same view : Upper the street, and down, the sewer. From here, nothing special. The trick is that, the sewer entrance is the "Escape" thing ; The plot is about the choose which world you want to escape ! The dirty, and darky darky street, or the planty, and maybe dangerous sewer...

I felt on this forum Monday, and after fighting with my brain, I finally decided to enter it with this submission. So, because of the lack of time below me, I'll use modulars assets mainly, with little specifics ones.
I've choose UDK as Engine, because I'm more confortable with this one.

I think, pics talks more than few words, so...

Here comes the MoodBoard & Ref :

Mood_Board_zpsacf8b0a6.jpg

Then, I've skecthed a concept here, but, well, It's understandable for me, but not for you I think, and the main idea is somewhere here * pointing the head's top...*

So, After 2 days of modelling ( yes, I started Wednesday...) , here we are :

Preview_zps838553c8.jpg

Closer pics :

Sewer_zps09acdfde.jpg

Street_zpsb83d46dc.jpg

And so on..I'm doing my best to be in time, and today, and maybe tomorrow, I'll "play" with the UV's.
Planning to texture it on Monday morning, so, stay tuned, and if you have some feedbacks, go ahead !

Replies