Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Saman wrote: »
    Hey, everyone. I just finished my set and I'd appreciate if you could upvote it(if you like it of course ;)) so it gets into the store.

KunkkaPresentation.jpg

SindhKunkka-ingame.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132999032

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

omg, this set is amazing =]]
    HntrLuc wrote: »
    So much cool stuff to keep an eye on in here.

Saman - cool set! looks awesome ingame

andyk- cute courier so far

organizedchaos - nice work! really like the face/mouth area

I came up with this batrider mount idea awhile ago, then everyone started making awesome batrider mounts :P
    I figured it's different enough to try my luck at making and submitting it anyway though.

The idea was inspired from the swirls and designs on the orginal batmount.

AEBC3AC51672CB6848B2DFACA74A6C7CD8F14403
    Click for workshop page.

i loved it hunter, remembers my Wyrmeleon but evil! hahaha

if i could use my silly names on it would be Batmeleon or Chamat =]

yay, my Snowl got accepted and they DIDNT change the name! =]]

and also they made a great artwork for it, love you valve!
    2lJne
  • MechBgum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slark_knife.jpg

Finished the weapon for Slark! Concept by Sharc.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @hunter wait, the name is batmeleon, we had the same idea? hahaha
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

That's great! I really like that they included some examples too.

Oh, finished my Razor set last night.

63135B4BE3D96B4069991E59A1F52FB4E3DBB038

Submission link
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    MechBgum wrote: »

I like it :D Not sure if that concept artist name is a pun or not <_<

I uploaded like 10 items today. I didnt want to upload them as I finished them, because of 2 reasons: 1, so I could assess them with fresh eyes, and 2, because I would get too distracted by the feedback as I try to finish the other items xD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133304836
    DBB6FCFD35025657AE7DA552A2B3DEF78CB72794
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6

I uploaded like 10 items today. I didnt want to upload them as I finished them, because of 2 reasons: 1, so I could assess them with fresh eyes, and 2, because I would get too distracted by the feedback as I try to finish the other items xD

I swear, if none of these get in next months chest I'd be very very surprised. To be honest, they could give you you're own personal chest. Personally, my money is on four of them getting in.
  • ZUBILO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

OMG! Very very good!
  • Sharc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7

Nope, my name's not a pun. The item's name is a pun though. :poly124:
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12

I don't like this at all. It feels like now they're asking too much of us. Making Valve quality paintovers and presentations on top of everything else.

Especially if this affects whether or not your items get in, I don't like it one bit.

I feel like I already spend an annoyingly long time trying to make nice presentations for the workshop. Having to be even more thorough is not appealing.

Probably the worst part is that it drives up competition and creates a much greater divide between beginner artists and pros. What are the chances that a guy who learned Blender and Photoshop to make a simple prop and have it look good from game cam, using the in-game viewer for presentation, will be able to make an image with great composition, lighting and posing that can compete with the pros.

You may say "Well Frump, it's optional" but I'm far too cynical to believe that it won't have any effect or influence on the outcomes of which items get into the game.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Frump wrote: »
    I don't like this at all. It feels like now they're asking too much of us. Making Valve quality paintovers and presentations on top of everything else.

Especially if this affects whether or not your items get in, I don't like it one bit.

I feel like I already spend an annoyingly long time trying to make nice presentations for the workshop. Having to be even more thorough is not appealing.

Probably the worst part is that it drives up competition and creates a much greater divide between beginner artists and pros. What are the chances that a guy who learned Blender and Photoshop to make a simple prop and have it look good from game cam, using the in-game viewer for presentation, will be able to make an image with great composition, lighting and posing that can compete with the pros.

You may say "Well Frump, it's optional" but I'm far too cynical to believe that it won't have any effect or influence on the outcomes of which items get into the game.
    I kind of agree. It's nice to see that you can drop them your promo image if you did one (though my 120 Mb psd was too much for the submission), but i'm afraid that the submission are already judged by presentation first, and by how it looks ingame and in key with the stiock and other items, later.

And i don't want to waste a couple of days in SFM and some editing software to add some pimping video to the submissions. Let's just hope this will stay the optional feature.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Workshop is still evolving and they probably also want to experiment with it, to see what options given to creators will be most successful for this system.
    Just relax, team up with some 2d artist and carry on :)
    At the end its only a promotional material for ingame shop. They will add it if you will not provide any, however in most cases author knows best what sells his items most.
  • Bigpet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras wrote: »
    Workshop is still evolving and they probably also want to experiment with it, to see what options given to creators will be most successful for this system.
    Just relax, team up with some 2d artist and carry on :)
    At the end its only a promotional material for ingame shop. They will add it if you will not provide any, however in most cases author knows best what sells his items most.

What they want to do is cut themselves out as a middleman as much as possible. Which is on one hand good since it removes the main bottleneck for the amount of items that can be published each week. On the other hand it minimizes the work they have to do while still keeping their share of the profits the same.
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    Most people do promotional art for the workshop anyway, since valve is much more likely to accept an item that the masses vote up than something that's generally ignored, assuming the in-game quality is also very good.

I do agree though that it's going to be very hard to match valve's level of quality in presentation, BUT, they are asking for things such as the character itself being on a separate layer... this makes me think that valve is planning on sprucing up promotional artwork that isn't up to valve standards, which is a lot easier for them than making it from scratch. Assuming people were going to make some promotional art anyway, this lessens valve's workload at no cost to the creator, possibly allowing for more items/sets to be accepted each week.
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    While I find your concerns legit, I don't think they made it to lighten their workload. From what I can see, they are trying to give the item creators more freedom. If you have a presentation for your set in mind, go ahead. If it looks cool, they will use it. If it's not cool but you have a nice set, it will get in game and they will make a new presentation. I don't really think that it will be obligatory in the future, or have a significant value for accepting the sets to use in game.
  • BenHenry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11

Totally agreed.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

i agree that it will probably affect the selection but i loved the idea! time to learn photoshop =]]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    are you guys having the same problem with the "get free items" spam?
    2m8IL

everyday i delete like 20 msgs like that...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I get requests from people I dont know, but nothing like this... and I hope it doesn't start, yikes! sorry man :(
  • DashXero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    Tvidotto wrote: »

YEAH! That's the same guy who posted that stuff on my items, too! I deleted them almost immediately. I also sent a message to the devs about it (though, i don't know if they care enough to actually look into it. I just sent the message for the sake of notification.). That's not a good thing to have floating around.

I hope they can get some C&D's up in there.
  • PKSpark
  • PKSpark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Last time i removed theses ads i got downvoted. Ever experienced that kind of "retaliation"?
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6

Agreed. Instead of doing some fancy work, they should already release proper SDK so I don't have to constatly open client to test skining for example..
    No to mention about setup more customized test scene.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2m8IL

I went to his profile and reported him for text abuse. Then wrote that he has been spaming scam stuff and downvoting entries if we delete their messages.
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    They really should give authors the option to block accounts =/

Or make it so that if you block a steam profile it'll also block them from your workshop pages... actually I haven't tested that to see if it works if anyone wants to try it?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They really should give authors the option to block accounts =/

Or make it so that if you block a steam profile it'll also block them from your workshop pages... actually I haven't tested that to see if it works if anyone wants to try it?

They do, Vlad 'tested' this with me, and now I can no longer comment on his workshop uploads. :D!!

Just block their account, the only way it can persist is if that guy has multiple accounts.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Good to know the link spammers can be blocked!

Thanks for the support on the batmeleon everyone!
    tvidotto - hahah it just felt like the right choice... maybe too confusing with wyrmeleon now that i think about it though :P btw congrats on getting your Snowl ingame this week!
  • sadies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto, congrats on Snowl's debut!
    Anuxi - awesome job on that m-m-m-onster collection :poly130:

While Rubick isn't technically a support hero, I'm a big fan of his design and thought it would be fun to animate a twitchy little ward with coat tails for legs. :D
    Also play support a lot and have a fondness for wards heh

↑ Hunter ↑ will be doing the 3d modelin, sculpting and texturing and I'll pick up on the rigging and animation.

rubickward_rabies_hunter.jpg
  • HatPoweredSpyCrab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HatPoweredSpyCrab polycounter lvl 10
    sadies wrote: »
    Tvidotto, congrats on Snowl's debut!
    Anuxi - awesome job on that m-m-m-onster collection :poly130:

While Rubick isn't technically a support hero, I'm a big fan of his design and thought it would be fun to animate a twitchy little ward with coat tails for legs. :D
    Also play support a lot and have a fondness for wards heh

↑ Hunter ↑ will be doing the 3d modelin, sculpting and texturing and I'll pick up on the rigging and animation.

rubickward_rabies_hunter.jpg

WoW that's a nice looking ward. very interesting idea :thumbup::thumbup: it has a lot of personality. I really really like the style :D.
    I am sure this is going to get into the game and when that moment comes I will spend my money on it.

Also, Does anyone streams his making process?
    Cheers
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PKSpark wrote: »
    Last time i removed theses ads i got downvoted. Ever experienced that kind of "retaliation"?

hahaha, its another way to force the wrong behavior

one day i blocked a scammer on steam that was stealing my videos on youtube and posting as his videos, the next day appeared a post on dota.dev asking to delete the Panda for the lone druid.
    on the same day 3 or 4 new accounts (with just one post and created less them one hour before) posted supporting it

fortunately all the other guys were supporting the panda and the post was closed by an admin
    I went to his profile and reported him for text abuse. Then wrote that he has been spaming scam stuff and downvoting entries if we delete their messages.

in five days i got more then 10 different names posting the same thing, first i was trying to warn people to not believe it but now im just deleting

going to do like you, good idea

HntrLuc wrote: »
    Good to know the link spammers can be blocked!

Thanks for the support on the batmeleon everyone!
    tvidotto - hahah it just felt like the right choice... maybe too confusing with wyrmeleon now that i think about it though :P btw congrats on getting your Snowl ingame this week!

hehehe, people had the same confusion with the wymeleon and melon, the first time i saw i was afraid that i wrote wrong
    was really funny the guy that draw a mellon with bat wings =]

ah, that ward is amazing, and hards have a lot of polys to work, looking forward to see this one
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a little more
    2mhGh
    2mhHw
    2mhIg

most of them when i go to the profile it says that the user didnt set the account

2mhLa
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I've been very unmotivated to work on this thingy, but it's done. Hopefully less controversial than the fish hair.

EBF8D3DD5B61DEDBBC0E14B39D96EFA5A9C2EAB4
    3848EDA43133C9CAC59C3852CB4532DE43ECDD3A
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been very unmotivated to work on this thingy, but it's done. Hopefully less controversial than the fish hair.

2/10 no promo artwork, no pimpong video, would not favorite.
    jokes aside, it's neat, good job.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    2/10 no promo artwork, no pimpong video, would not favorite.
    jokes aside, it's neat, good job.

Heh. It's hard to bother with all that stuff for just a single slot item.

On a Ward, Courier or Set I probably would do more.
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Woo, we finished another weapon, this time for Pugna :D

Link to the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133441206&searchtext=
    @Frump: Awesome staff!

2ZnpkT8.jpg?1
    WCLLT7L.jpg?1
    oP9mK3c.jpg?1
  • bewsii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii polycounter lvl 9
    My Sven sword has been getting hammered with those spam messages too. I guess because it's a front page item for the week, so it's an easy target for these guys who want fast attention.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    In my opinion valve should allow only user with bought games on steam to comment, or with for egzample at least week old membership on steam. Right now you block one spammer and another come right after him spamming the same thing. Other solution would be to block posting links in comment, however that would make things harder for normal users :/
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Really liking this one! Good work!:thumbup:
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    spend today in zbrush - trying to work out anatomy and proportions. Its obviously going to end up covered in fur and stuff, so wont look quite so ripped!

mandrill_zbrush_wip02_zps7edbcb57.jpg
  • Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    Finally managed to submit my centaur axe after getting steam error 1000 times. Hope you like it!

thumbnail.jpg
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    It looks really nice but I dont feel that the lava fits centaur very well.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    A lot of people were unsatisfied that it didn't have the light particle in the previews, so I loaded the staff up in game and got some shots.

9706317A622BBBB62F343A6070956BA9612ECA0F
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A lot of people were unsatisfied that it didn't have the light particle in the previews, so I loaded the staff up in game and got some shots.

9706317A622BBBB62F343A6070956BA9612ECA0F

much better now =]

---

hey guys, finally finished the panda courier and now i can test the snowl in game =]]]

9Y2vw9c.png
    oOLqyHQ.jpg

hope you guys like it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133630878
  • bewsii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii polycounter lvl 9
    Haha, he's too cute. Good work, buddy.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside wrote: »
    Warlock_fron_back.jpg
    You turned Warlock into a tower.
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    had some time this morning to mess around

tried a first pass at fur - ended up looking like feathers, so going to try a different approach!

also whacked on a bit of colour, which seemed to go ok...i think!

mandrill_coloursheet_web_zpse82f6b9d.jpg
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4

tried a first pass at fur - ended up looking like feathers, so going to try a different approach!

Looks really great, only the color of the butt seems to be weird. Maybe just stick with a red color there :p

@Tvidotto: That courier looks really awesome, I love the bamboo wings :) And again really cute, who wants to killa courier like that!

I did some work on an item for brewmaster, let me know what you guys think!
    It should represent all the spirits, the firedragon, the green eyes and the light blue air circles..

wzjGa0d.jpg
  • marre910
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just published my first item, wouldn't have made it this far if not for the help I have gotten on this site. Thank you all!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133688984

Please post criticism if you have any so that I can improve!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

mandrill_coloursheet_web_zpse82f6b9d.jpg

You values need more variation. Its hard to grasp when polypainting, which is why I do the colour work in maya/photoshop. You need to be able to tweak stuff quickly and easily. Preview it as black and white as much as possible, get that gradient in there and saturation gradient.

But the sculpt is looking good :)