Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tottot polycounter lvl 10
    When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    tottot wrote: »
    When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die? When is Carl going to die?

never.
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas polycounter lvl 10
    I don't think Carl is going to die anytime soon.I think Morgan and him would have some sort of bond or something,given that he lost his son and all that.Morgan might as well be what Shane was to Carl in the sense that he would be like a second father or something along those lines especially in the preview where Rick get captured it seems?Something might happen to Rick maybe who knows..
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    The reason why Morgan stayed put was that he knew if you are a black man and in Rick's group, you will die. Being a black male in that group is like being given the red shirt on Star Trek.

That being said, I wonder if Morgan will eventually join the prison group? I hope he makes an appearance again as his character really portrayed someone who went nanners as a survivor, as most people probably would in that situation.

Also, do you think he got the guns from
    the National Guard armory as in the comic books? If so, please tell me the Governor is going to get his hands on that Bradley!

All in all, it was a good episode given the last few ones. They really developed Michonne's character and finally gave her some good screen time. If next week's episode sucks, we'll confirm that if Andrea and the Governor are central they are bringing the show down.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    My prediction: The next episode is going to drown in their peace meeting, and arranging it. It will be boring as hell, to set up the final showdown.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I hate the Governor. Such a shit character in the TV show, I wish they'd just had the same character from the comics.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    That episode felt more like a comic book story (in format to the season) since the first few episodes. Badass!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't dislike the governor's portrayal in the show, like many others (who know the comics) do. I just don't like how inconsistent they keep making him. He was WAY over the top in the comics, which is fine for comics, but I can't see it translating well on TV. He's still just as screwed up in the show though. The problem is, he doesn't continue his assaults. He keeps taking oddly timed breaks.

And I agree, that episode was my favorite since the first season
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    Poor hitchhiker. I couldn't help but thinking that at the end where they picked up his bag he was actually in the woods taking a piss or something and that the body they showed us briefly was just another corpse from earlier. Can you imagine?

i found it very ironic that in that episode there was someone begging for help, and they wouldnt give it. and when it came to a person who they wanted to help.. he didnt want it.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    It was a pretty good episode. It felt like a spin-off episode but still managed to be relevant to the main story.

I found the whole hitchhiker thing to be unusually cold and I'm not sure why the writers did that. I get the whole 'we can't take him in' angle but driving past him twice and then pulling his pack of his cadaver seemed extremely prickish. Making your main characters seem like unlikable assholes is not really a great idea in a show like this.

I was also disappointed to see the black guy return (which I had been looking forward to) only to find that he had gone crazy with a box of chalk. I didn't like the set at all; neither the chalk nor the stakes outside. Just looked stupid. Can't people grieve normally in this show? Do we have to have ghost wives and crazy sets?

Another silly thing was Michone turning the corner and coming back 4 seconds later with the picture. Was that some attempt at humour? The frame would have been under twenty zombies at that time!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    This episode seemed like it was necessary to foreshadow future events.
    It might have come off as a spin-off, but ultimately it was a needed plot-point if they do intend to go in the direction I think they're goin...
    Rick gave a few key pieces of information to his crazy friend Morgan. One of which was that they were holding up @ the prison.
    While offering him a safe place to stay & heal, Morgan pretty much saw right through Rick and figured out someone wanted what they had because he was taking so many weapons..

The whole scene seemed to be constructed in order for his friend to come in and save the day when shit really hits the fan back at the prison.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Andreas wrote: »
    I was also disappointed to see the black guy return (which I had been looking forward to) only to find that he had gone crazy with a box of chalk. I didn't like the set at all; neither the chalk nor the stakes outside. Just looked stupid. Can't people grieve normally in this show? Do we have to have ghost wives and crazy sets?

IMO The chalk was a little much but it was there to portray his craziness while he was unconscious, thus causing the little argument between Rick and Michonne and ultimately having Rick put his neck out for a outsider of sorts where he usual is the first to discard or kill one.
    Andreas wrote: »
    Another silly thing was Michone turning the corner and coming back 4 seconds later with the picture. Was that some attempt at humour? The frame would have been under twenty zombies at that time!

I think the one camera cut to the close-up of Carl was suppose to look like some time had passed... kinda failed on that. But agreed the frame would have been right near the door not at the back of the room so the sneaking in wouldn't have helped much. Also did those doors open into the shop or open out into the street? Carl holding them closed with one foot then both of them walking away and the zombies still not getting out was kinda strange. Considering the doors were not locked and we all seen zombies break through a wooden fence.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    @ Andreas

I agree, it was a bit cold, I didn't mind it, but at the same time it felt very out of place. But.. it was a nice little side detail so hey, I didn't mind.

I was waiting anxiously for Morgan to return, so I was also a little bit disappointed that he had gone a bit crazy and now wants to be left alone. I hope he plays a future role and this isn't just the end of his story.

I also thought the bit with Michone getting the picture was a bit weird, like you said she was gone for like 4 seconds and I'm almost certain that the picture was dropped *at* the door, where every single walker was standing... weird.

Overall though, great episode, It was nice to take the focus off the Woodbury/Andrea stuff, which is getting very tiring. Episodes like this show what I believe is far more interesting in a show about a zombie apocalypse, how different people and different personalities cope with the situation... Those traps were really cool! Hopefully the group take some ideas and start setting up some stuff of their own, seems like it would be common sense.

More travelling and coming across new things would be cool but I guess that would be hell changing sets all the time. :)

The Woodbury stuff is boring, even if they're well equipped I don't like how comfortable the place is, its like watching a soap opera (even with the occasional attacks)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really wish it was more like the comics. When Rick's group escaped Woodbury, you didn't see it again in the comics. It just because endless attacks by the Governor.

Not to constantly relate to the comics, because I'm fine with changes, but this is one of those times when it's just not working and I'm kinda bummed they didn't realize it when they were making the episodes. Since they are in the can already, we are not forced to ride it out.
  • Zyloh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zyloh polycounter lvl 8
    I loved the stuff Morgan thought of. The rat in a cage on a skateboard in order to draw the attention of zombies before entering a room? Badass.

Andrea... She needs to go. It's time. I think it should be an epic slow motion kill too. In fact I think it would be badass if there was a huge fight at the prison. Mid-fight Andrea decides to side with The Governor and starts shooting at the prison. Then, out of the woods - MORGAN shows up after reclaiming his sanity and puts a bullet in Andrea.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Andrea should be turned but not zombie-killed. Just left to follow along behind the group for the rest of the series (however many seasons it ends up being). Just popping up every few episodes to wander aimlessly through whatever location the group has just left. Then finally at the very end of the last episode she trips and falls in a well.
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then finally at the very end of the last episode she trips and falls in a well.

Taking Carl with her.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taking Carl with her.

Carl needs to go long before that.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I don't mind Carl actually. I think he has actually portrayed his comic book role pretty accurately so far.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i can't tell if i like or dislike his character or just really hate his face : /
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can trace nearly every boring and bad situation to being Carl's fault.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i can't tell if i like or dislike his character or just really hate his face : /

Haha I'll agree with that. I wanna slap that hat off his head.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Just watched the latest episode, and it really felt like a breath of fresh air, far more in vein with the first episodes of the first season. I love that Michonne finally got some more time to show some character as opposed to just scowling the whole time. I think this episode really showed that simpler is better sometime, and hopefully they can keep that in mind after the whole Governor thing ends.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    saw a preview pic of the next ep. safe to say the gov is in it, and safe to say im already disappointed :P
  • zicoV
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well...
    I guess since there's only 4 episodes left this season and there's so many other actually interesting things to focus on he probably just means the next two episodes? Otherwise there's other stuff to watch on a Sunday night. Is The Simpsons still on?
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I miss Dexter.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Poor hitchhiker. Then again one probably shouldn't be running and yelling on a freeway during the zombie apocalypse.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was actually half expecting him to show up in the town half-way through the episode and steal their car, that would have been awesome:)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zicoV wrote: »

Hopefully that means she dies.
    I miss Dexter.

I miss Breaking Bad and GoT...
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    zicoV wrote: »

Gah no.

I wonder whether the overwhelming hatred of Andrea has been registered upstairs at AMC HQ?
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    finally got to see it. That was a sweet episode. Ending was nice. Poor hitchhiker indeed. But Carl and Michonne appeared a bit more human after this episode. Also good that there's no annoying cliff hanger. I like it when episodes are more self contained than this one. It's more like a complete picture than always one where a part is missing.
  • leahgrattonO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems like everyone is craving for this. :) I watched all seasons and it was awesome!
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i missed the last line Rick said, right after Hershel asked him why he told him the truth of the deal... can anyone help me out??

my tv switched channels from an old timer i had set-up for Dexter, couldn't find the remote in time to cancel it lol : (
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    he wanted hershel to talk him out of doing it
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • tottot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As an adult watching The walking dead, I feel just like I did when I was a kid watching dragon ball z. The build up to anything takes like 5 episodes, to the point that you dont care anymore. Im getting this vibe from walking dead more and more. I dont even care at this point.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As an adult watching The walking dead, I feel just like I did when I was a kid watching dragon ball z. The build up to anything takes like 5 episodes, to the point that you dont care anymore. Im getting this vibe from walking dead more and more. I dont even care at this point.

That's a pretty good analogy.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    By the way, am I the only one that was a bit amused that Hershel was driving the car at one point in the beginning? I'm guessing he was using his left leg..
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    > The build up to anything takes like 5 episodes, to the point that you dont care anymore

hah. that made me laugh. must be true
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    ebagg wrote: »
    Poor hitchhiker. Then again one probably shouldn't be running and yelling on a freeway during the zombie apocalypse.

poor hitchhiker indeed :(
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    By the way, am I the only one that was a bit amused that Hershel was driving the car at one point in the beginning? I'm guessing he was using his left leg..

Nah, I thought about that too. "Hershel, you drive." "Ummm...."
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    That's it, I give up on Andrea, she just became even more thick headed.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It's pretty common to drive with one foot, and I imagine the severe lack of traffic and need to follow a higher speed limit would make things easier.

I thought the last two episodes were great. Hopefully it can keep it up for the remainder of the season.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    cryrid wrote: »
    It's pretty common to drive with one foot, and I imagine the severe lack of traffic and need to follow a higher speed limit would make things easier.

Still, he lost his right foot, correct? That car is an automatic, which means he's driving w his left foot. That's feels frickin' weird. May be more effective as eyes than being on a crutch, but I don't understand why you'd bring his barely-mobile crotchety ass to the "negotiation" in the first place...

Blah, so much thought for something so minimal. Oh well, I regret nothing.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't mind episodes of just dialogue, when it's done right. But the problem is there are too many episodes lately where the dialogue doesn't do anything to serve the story that couldn't be done in about half the time. I understand they want this massive build up to the Prison vs Woodbury, but at this point it's just like, lets get on with it!
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    ...but I don't understand why you'd bring his barely-mobile crotchety ass to the "negotiation" in the first place

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess they left Glenn back as the back-up leader in case shit hit the fan. Other then Glenn who could they have brought?

Maggie? - doubtful to separate her from Glenn
    Michonne? - and trust her not to kill The Gov. on sight, yea right.
    Merle? - not yet trusted.
    Remainder - pretty much useless, sure vs. zombies they can have there strong points but Carl, Beth, Carol and whoever else I can't recall at the top of my head would be terrible at an negotiation. Never mind how annoying they would be to listen too. I'm even starting to get tired of Glenn's tough act now.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't mind episodes of just dialogue, when it's done right. But the problem is there are too many episodes lately where the dialogue doesn't do anything to serve the story that couldn't be done in about half the time. I understand they want this massive build up to the Prison vs Woodbury, but at this point it's just like, lets get on with it!

They made that talk in the barn seem very long, yet what could they have possibly talked about? The terms were pretty straight forward, and the Gov wasn't even up for discussing Rick's terms nor hearing his thoughts really. Felt a little long for the little bit of info we got form it all.