Home Technical Talk

A new modeling tool released

Replies

• elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    Kun, is there any purpose on different button style? Why don't make it consistent?

image000y.png

Urm Memag do we really need that tools on daily use? Too many tools can be overwhelming and start to get complicated though.
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    memag: The problem with the "Select Polygons in selected edges' was like that, If you select a polygon then switch to edge mode, then if you try to execute this command, nothing will happen as oppose to the polygon will be select and the mode will change to polygon mode. Of course it is fixed now.
    The two requests are doable.

elte: There is no general link between streamline tools and visual tools. Yes, this are visual button extrude tools and streamline extrude tools, but this is isolated cases. Also users may change the contents of the streamline tool to any thing they want. So I can't see a way to do it.
    There is an alternative way. That is to create individual instant help text for each visual tool. But in most cases, visual tools are complicated tools and short description is not enough. The Retopo tool, for example.

MrOneTwo: I don't know how to reproduce the problem. Can you show it in a pic or vid?

Edit: elte: I can't use the rounded corner style for the second type of button. Because they need to be on and off. There are difficulty in button appearance as they are not custom made.
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yes, slipped my mind, sorry.It is fine now.

@elte- of course, but it depends on what kind of modeling you're doing.
    I think it is a great snapping aid and would tremendously speed up vertex /edge aligning process, where applicable. Rather have it available than to have to work around.

In the end I am just making suggestions to make more powerful and complete modeling experience.
    It up to users and ultimately Istonia to decide what will be a part of VW.

Thanks!
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    memag: I will keep the snapping ideas in mind. There is a similar tool already. Help > Contents > Modeling > StreamLine Tools > Extend_Edge. It is suggested by calabi some time ago.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Ok it will be hard to described but here I go. I will be using this pic to some of my problems:

5mmyjs.png

1 - about the scaling issue. I want to make those verts aligned. On this pic they already are but to align things like that you can use scale tool. With each scaling scale tool changes direction you have to move your mouse to scale in and scale out. Sometimes moving mouse from left to right brings them closer sometimes move them away from each other (using R (holding) + RMB).

2 - I want to weld those verts. Its one object but those are 2 shells. When i overlap those verts in space to weld them (like in max : you bring one vert over another and use weld with really low threshold) I can't weld them with threshold. It does weld but verts in one shell.

3 - symmetry. Is it possible to implement a symmetry tool which mirrors the object based on selected edge ? For example you modelled half of the table. You were using built in symmetry so you were modelling 1/4 of the table and built in symmetry made it 1/2 of the whole model. Now you want to mirror half of the table. You select edge were you have opened edges and blam it mirrors it taking as a centre selected edge.

4 - When I select open edges (like in a pic) and try to bridge them it actes like weld. It bridges both shells separately. It doesn't want to bridge those two shells together.

I hope you get what I mean ;]
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo: I have read a few times but still can't get what you mean. For each case, can you produce two pics? One is the original and the other one shows the result you want.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok it will take some time so when I'm done I will post it ;]
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like you see on the pic you can align verts scaling those two (by the blue handle). But When you scale using the shortcut "holding R + RMB" and moving cursor left and right scaling goes bonkers. Its really hard to align them using this shortcut (and damn its really confy shortcut ;]). Ofc I can still use the blue handle. Then it works fine. I hope now its clear enough.

28rdzqs.png

Like on the pic. I'm using the shortcut D.

s59wmw.png

Third one I'm showing using max. Should be easy to understand ;]

4smxyt.png

Again max. But thats what I would like to see ;]

10ndkjk.png

The last one I finally been able to recreate in void...dunno why It didn't work previously. I hope its clear now ;]
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo:

case 1: I can see the problem now. I will fix it.

case 2: Still confused. It seems to me D+RMB should do it.
    The top-right one, D_LMB, right?
    Don't know how you did the bottom left one and the bottom-right one.
    Is it possible you send me the object file. I suspect the geometry.

case 3: In VoidWorld, symmetry plane can only be defined to one of the three mesh axis planes. So you need to align the center edge into the symmetry plane, there is a short cut tool can do that, Edit > Customize Tools > Vertex Shortcut Tools > Snap to Symmetry Plane. Or you can snap move the mesh's pivot in Hierarchy mode.

Case 4: I think you just select only two verts at a time then weld.
  • memag
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    case 1: great ;]

case 2: When I have selection like in top left corner and press D it gives me the result you see under arrow "thats what i get". There is no LMB or RMB. I press D and blam thats what I get.

294t275.png

When I have only green edges selected it bridges those 2 shells good. But when I select green AND blue it closes both shells like in left bottom corner.

case 3: but is it possible to add symetry after making geometry so it copies it to other side ?

case 4: is it possible to make it work for multiple verts ? (i checked and for 2 verts at once it works but its kinda inconvenient to weld each pair separately)
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Istonia, I have a lot of crashes when using "slide selection".And it seems NMB for edge slide operations.
    It is very convenient for me to use it this way (since it eliminated edge loop and range slide usage adn simplified the interaction), but somehow it conflicts with program.
    Can you check it out? Thanks.

I have "cut/slide loop" on S-NMB,"slide selection" S-LMB ,"cut/slide loop middle" S-MMB,"cut/slide loop curvature" S-RMB.
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo:

case 2. A Streamline tool may have activation event tool assigned. This is used to do quick operation by using the existing selection or highlighted subobject. For edge D tool, the 'Bridge' tool is assigned to its activation event.
    When press down D, you can see it in the drop-down 'Instant Help' tool tip, you may need to expand the tool tip panel from the bottom so you can see it. You can also see the assignment detail in Edit > Customize Streamline Tools. So make sure no selection, then use D+RMB, you should be able to make it.

case 3. Not sure what you mean. Can you do this: 1. create a box. 2. Ctrl + Q. 3. Make sure Edit > Options > Shortcut Symmetry Options > Symmetry Enabled is checked. 4. Edit the box in what ever way you want.

Case 4. I havent got a good idea of how to improve it.

memag: I will check it out.
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-aug-7-11.rar

Summary of changes:
    * 'Select Polys Inside Selected Edges' available in radial menu.
    * A bug in edge slide tool is fixed.
    Thanks!

memag: I think I also have fixed the dot thing.
  • 3dnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    IStonia wrote: »
    MrOneTwo:

case 2. A Streamline tool may have activation event tool assigned. This is used to do quick operation by using the existing selection or highlighted subobject. For edge D tool, the 'Bridge' tool is assigned to its activation event.
    When press down D, you can see it in the drop-down 'Instant Help' tool tip, you may need to expand the tool tip panel from the bottom so you can see it. You can also see the assignment detail in Edit > Customize Streamline Tools. So make sure no selection, then use D+RMB, you should be able to make it.

case 3. Not sure what you mean. Can you do this: 1. create a box. 2. Ctrl + Q. 3. Make sure Edit > Options > Shortcut Symmetry Options > Symmetry Enabled is checked. 4. Edit the box in what ever way you want.

Case 4. I havent got a good idea of how to improve it.

memag: I will check it out.

Hi IStonia,
    I have recently been following Voidworld and really like the way its going specially as I'm a Silo user.
    I noticed in your latest update that making additional selections by holding Shift no longer works.
    Thanks for allowing us to use Voidworld really appreciated.
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are loco!
    It seems that display glitch with disappearing edges, while using slide, also vanished.

But I can't add to selection (SHIFT), I din't change shortcuts.It seems SHIFT doesn't work, except in move normal.
    Can you verify?
    Thanks!
  • 3dnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    It appears you can add to selections by holding Ctrl + Shift
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut wrote: »
    It appears you can add to selections by holding Ctrl + Shift

Yes, but how do you subtract? :)
  • 3dnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like its Alt + Shift
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adventuresome mapping I see.
    Still it isn't how default keyboard mapping is set or at least displayed in settings.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    ya i just changed the selection mappings up, got rid the the selection toggle and made shift+click add selection, and control+click subtract selection, with no modifiers remain as replace selection.

find that works the best
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nopef.png

SHIFT doesn't work.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shift works fine for me, and has been like this for a long time

selection_keys.png
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does it work in the latest update?

edit: "reset all" seems to put it back in the place, but the keys changed as I did it.
    But my hotkeys aren't working no more.
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my apology, i was doing the selection streamline tools when responding to memag's slide bug and didn't wind back the code properly. Thanks! 3dnut.

new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-aug-7a-11.rar
  • storm3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright,

finally had time to finish the model up, and it turned out pretty good, but you be the judge..

Now, I'm moving on to another character for the game, one based off of my little daughters drawing, of a hillbilly human character #2.. This is also the model and pic

I will use to make the tutorial video.. Sorry its taking a while, but I'm trying to involve my kids as much as possible in this game development / release etc.. to

give them something to put their names in the credits on that they can be proud of too. I'm also going to have my daughter help with some of the video recording using

the flip for voice over, and behind me & screen showing setup, and also adding onscreen video during tutorial..

Hope you like the first model, more to come along with the video, probably take a while, for editing, re-recording etc.. but it's coming..

2dblahz.jpg

There Ya Go, thanks for making such a killer app IStonia, now I'll do my best to give some stuff back..

Ciao' Mano'

StOrM3 aka Ken
  • philem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IStonia wrote: »
    my apology, i was doing the selection streamline tools when responding to memag's slide bug and didn't wind back the code properly. Thanks! 3dnut.

new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-aug-7a-11.rar

Hey guys, I seem to missing something :(

I have downloaded and opened up the latest update, but I have noticed in the "Selections" drop down menu some of the items that were in previous versions are missing ie:

Polygon Selections
    Edge Selections
    Vertex Selections
    Edge Selection Tools

Am I missing something or are they still there in another menu ?
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The upper menus are context sensitive now.
    Their content will change according to your current selection.

-
    Istonia, is it possible to make "subobject-slide selection" to work with soft selection and pre-selection highlight? It works fine when the subobject is selected by clicking on it, but when using highlighting it doesn't take soft selection into consideration and only slides highlighted component.Tweak ,orient,move local etc work fine in such cases. Thank you!
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is selection streamline tool included in this build ? coz I can't find it.
  • IStonia
  • philem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    memag wrote: »
    The upper menus are context sensitive now.
    Their content will change according to your current selection.

-
    Istonia, is it possible to make "subobject-slide selection" to work with soft selection and pre-selection highlight? It works fine when the subobject is selected by clicking on it, but when using highlighting it doesn't take soft selection into consideration and only slides highlighted component.Tweak ,orient,move local etc work fine in such cases. Thank you!

thanks got it :)
  • storm3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IStonia,

I am loving the latest update... I have been playing with the new and improved ReTopo tool.. Love it! Works like a charm, and I don't know what you did, to help better approximate the location of the inserted verts, but they seem to be alot closer to where they should be, or where you think they would be when you click on an empty space creating verts as you go along making new polys.. Instead of miles off in nowhere land.. So, I will be making extensive use of this, and the create / insert tool in verts menu, and the tweaking, and various selection methods, in the tutorial.. Which I am close to finally beginning, I now have the reference images finally tweaked where you can actually use them on the reference planes.. They were from an 8 year old girl, so... but I managed to clean her front view up and mirror and adjust it, so it would be spacial correct at least.. Then, I drew ref lines, so I could then make a similar right side view image from it.. also adjusted to be roughly correct enough to model from..

So now, tomorrow I will start recording, I plan on showing everything from how to create reference planes in the scene, and placement for front and side views, so you can model from the 3D Persp viewport.. Then I will show how to load up the images into materials, and apply them to the planes, and how to select the planes, go into the mesh panel and lock them, so that they can't be selected on accident, although I had them magically come unlocked and be selectable toward the end of my last project.. not sure why.. Could have been something in the VW update settings..

Something you might want to think about, with the workplanes, adding ability to add images to them for usage also as reference planes, or maybe just add the ability to lock those planes once images are added to them, and give ability to adjust opaqueness... I don't really use the BGImage controls, since I do most of my modeling inside perspective view.. although to check that things are lined up correct, I bounce to front & right views from time to time..

Also, while lining the planes up in the last project, I noticed a lack of centering gridlines.. I noticed some lines are darker than others, but not really a true center crosshair.. which is ok, since I approximate where I want the planes anyways, as it's different each time, since images are different dimensions etc..

What about a tool to auto figure out the center of a model selected, so that you can leave out reference planes or other parts of a model, say you select the character, then hit a button or hotkey to have it snap manipulator to center x,z of model say for his feet bottom of feet center front and back and sideways.. and allow you to place the model at X&Z 0,0 from this center of his bottom of his feet.. notice I left out Y because if you center Y, that would put it in the center of model, not at bottom of feet where he is standing.. Thats it, an adjust where model is standing at... something like this.. I know Fragmotion 3D has this option, and it works out awesomely.. Center where the model is standing or something like that.. I will pull up Frag, and take a couple of Screenies if necessary..

Thanks for everything IStonia, I appreciate it.. BTW: Istonia, what about setting up a donate button for paypal stuff on your site.. I for one, would help out by donating a few dollars here and there.. When I believe in project and the quality, I believe in supporting it in every way, that is why I'm also telling everyone I know on all the other forums about it.. The different game creation forums..

Anyways, I've ran on enuf now, talk to you l8r..

Ken aka StOrM3
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    Here's a video I made showing comparison between VW and maya spline creation.

1. Upon finishing creating a spline, pressing enter shouldn't also include the last point.

2. Take a look at the grid in left view where the second curve was created. In maya it follow the 'plane' while in VW it's in origin. Maya's result is expected.

http://vimeo.com/27429932

Also, how do I extrude along the first curve ( THe 'L' shape but using the second curve as the profile)?
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-aug-9-11.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Selection streamline tools are added. You need to Edit > Customize StreamLine Tools > select 'Selection Tools' in the list > hit 'Reset Selected' button to bring up its default setting. If this tool's hotkey is not set, set it to key Q.
    * Selections > Auto Restore Last Subobject Selection.
    * Vertex welding with threshold improved. MrOneTwo, can you check it.
    * The streamline scale tool R+RMB imporved. more predictable.
    * Subobject Slide tool works with soft selection.
    * Spline creation tool is improved as suggested by elte.
    Thanks!

storm3: can you privide some screen shots?

elte: Not sure this "Also, how do I extrude along the first curve ( THe 'L' shape but using the second curve as the profile)?".
  • memag
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    memag: you are wellcome!

elte: Hopefully that's what you want.
    1.Select the second spline.
    2. Goto vertex mode.
    3. Open the Slide tool
    4. Select the L spline as path curve.
  • 3dtoons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greetings VW community,

I tried to post before, but the forum wouldn't allow me because I was new, so I'm trying it again. Hopefully it works this time.

IStonia, I'd like to start by saying you are doing a fantastic job with this software so far! I am absolutely blown away by how one person can do so much, and actually listen to, and implement the ideas of the users, and the incredible rate at which you do it! Incredible!

I consider myself a power Silo user. I have been modeling characters professionally for film and games for over 15 years. Up until this point, I feel like Silo has been the modeler to beat. Like the rest of the Silo users, I have been saddened by the increasing lack of support. So I am very interested in VoidWorld as a strong, or even stronger, replacement. So thank you for taking on the enormous, challenging task (while competing with all of the other modelers out there as well).

That being said, I am excited to contribute to the success of your product. I would love to start giving you feedback in the form of comments and video. I have a definite way of working that I would love to share.

Main two main focuses while modeling are speed and quality. I can usually hit the quality with just about any product, so what I'm really looking for is sheer speed. When I moved to Silo from Max/Maya, my speed increased by a good 40% or more once I got efficient at it. I am hoping VW will do the same or better. After giving VoidWorld a good test, at VW's current state, I feel it's sitting at a 10% increase over Maya. I will elaborate why in future posts.

For now, let's see if this post actually works.

Cheers,
    -ShaneO
  • flat-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flat-D polycounter lvl 6
    Hi IStonia and voidWorld@PC

I'm another in the line of long time Silo users. I gave VW another go couple of days ago and I like how it feels, it's got a LOT of potential. You're definitely on the right track, keep doing what you're doing!
    IStonia, you're attitude with development of this app is much appreciated!!! Way to go. I'd be glad to contribute to the development in any way that I can.

As I start to get more familiar with the app I'll have more input, for now my first suggestion to IStonia and the community is:
    - 'Toggle Subdivision' should not affect the undo stack. It is not a command/tool or selection, it should be transparent - no undo, you just toggle in/out of it. This also allows to compare changes doing undo/redo in both zero and subdivided form.

- Also a question for everyone and suggestion if this is not in. Can you change the manipulator size? Also the manipulator sensitivity (higlighting/active) you have to be on that pixel to grab it. You should be able to set something like 'Selection Radius' in Preferences. The selections and manipulator sensitivities should have independent settings for best tweaking.

- I can't seem to find 'Slide'. There is 'Loop Select/Slide Edges' (G), but this seems to always select the whole loop and slide, is there a way to slide just the selected edges?
  • flat-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flat-D polycounter lvl 6
    And here are a couple of screenshots of my first take at cosmetics. Radial Menus and Stramline Tools are next :)

[edit] updated
    To install close VW, (on Win7) go to your:
    C\Users\******\Documents\DigitalFossils\VoidWorld
    rename the original 'User Settings' folder to back it up, then extract the one from the RAR.

note, 2 hotkeys have changed.
    Multi-Selection is now CTRL+ALT+MMB (pressed 2x serves as deselect)
    Object is CTRL+ALT+RMB

my VoidWorld\User Settings if anyone wants to try it
  • philem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flat-D wrote: »
    And here are a couple of screenshots of my first take at cosmetics. Radial Menus and Stramline Tools are next :)

my VoidWorld\User Settings if anyone wants to try it

I like the look :)

Now the dumb question: How do I implement these files/settings ?

Thanks in advance
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I'm another in the line of long time Silo users. I gave VW another go couple of days ago and I like how it feels, it's got a LOT of potential. You're definitely on the right track, keep doing what you're doing!
    IStonia, you're attitude with development of this app is much appreciated!!! Way to go. I'd be glad to contribute to the development in any way that I can.

As I start to get more familiar with the app I'll have more input, for now my first suggestion to IStonia and the community is:
    - 'Toggle Subdivision' should not affect the undo stack. It is not a command/tool or selection, it should be transparent - no undo, you just toggle in/out of it. This also allows to compare changes doing undo/redo in both zero and subdivided form.

- Also a question for everyone and suggestion if this is not in. Can you change the manipulator size? Also the manipulator sensitivity (higlighting/active) you have to be on that pixel to grab it. You should be able to set something like 'Selection Radius' in Preferences. The selections and manipulator sensitivities should have independent settings for best tweaking.

- I can't seem to find 'Slide'. There is 'Loop Select/Slide Edges' (G), but this seems to always select the whole loop and slide, is there a way to slide just the selected edges?

2 answere your 2nd question about the manipulator size, you don't need to click right on it.

hold down w and use lmb drag or rmb drag anywhere in the canvas it it will move the manipulator without haveing ot click right on it, lmb will move accross a plane and lmb with move across 1 axis defined by the direction the mouse first moved in.
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    philem wrote: »
    I like the look :)

Now the dumb question: How do I implement these files/settings ?

Thanks in advance

This is the path in win7.Copy the files there.

C:\Users\memag\Documents\DigitalFossils\VoidWorld\User Settings

I have made a stripped version of streamline tools/shortcuts.

Feel free to try and modify.Try them mouse wheels as well.
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I think you are looking for subobject "slide selection".
    This is how I set it up.

captureawy.png

I can slide anything with it, it eliminated range / whole loop slide, since I can do away with selections (range/loop/individual) quickly, by 2x mouse clicking, and it left me space for additional split/cut tools.I added "loop tidy" on wheel up and "relax selection" on wheel down.
    Try my keyset, maybe you'll like it.
  • flat-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flat-D polycounter lvl 6
    passerby wrote: »
    2 answere your 2nd question about the manipulator size, you don't need to click right on it.

hold down w and use lmb drag or rmb drag anywhere in the canvas it it will move the manipulator without haveing ot click right on it, lmb will move accross a plane and lmb with move across 1 axis defined by the direction the mouse first moved in.
    Sweeeeeet!!!! Never seen anything this good, wow.

-IStonia, disregars my comments for the manipulator size and sensitivity ... I hate using it anyway, I just didn't know you had it this well implemented. Awesome :)

memag | Thanks on the pointer to find the slide. I love how you've setup all those functions, will have to try your keys. I'm looking forward to customizing the hell out of this.
    Good to see you here BTW.
    [edit] Just tried your preferences, love your default material - thank you! :)
    Also the streamline tools customization make more sence now that I looked at it.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!
  • storm3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey IStonia,

BIG BUG!!! I can't get the BG Images to work anymore, nor can I figure out how to import images to place them onto planes for reference images... Arghhh.. Been clicking around trying everything I can think of.. I will now try re-looking in the help file, to see if you put anything new in there, about it, maybe has something to do with all the selection tools you implemented or something.. not sure.. Any help will be greatly appreciated..
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dtoons: Wellcome aboard!

flat-D: It's good to hear you again! been a long time.
    I notice that in the your screen shots, some toolbar items are missing, the marquee selection option and the snapping option bar items are not there. I think they are blocked out by the old setting files. You can do this to bring them up, Edit > View > Toobars > Reset.

storm3: I can't find any thing wrong with the BG Images tool. There are two ways to set background images, select a directional orthographic viewport, then eith open the BG Image tool in object mode or hit the B key to activate the streamline BG Image tool.
    To set a ref image to a plane, you can either create the plane first then use the 'scene Explorer' panel to assign an image to it, or you can have the image assigned to it when you creating the plane (in the Plane tool parameter panel, hit the bottom 'Create' button.
  • flat-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flat-D polycounter lvl 6
    Hey IStonia,

I'll do a double post of the suggestion from before, don't know if it's easier for you like that.

- When nothing is selected the view should rotate around last selection (manipulator position). Currently it defaults to cursorPos I believe. To me this feels awkward to deal with.

- Hide Unselected (on polygon and mesh levels). Should be implemented to same hotkey as on Object.

- One thing that would also help is a tweak on the 'Multi-Selection' toggle. Currently as you toggle it it will select latest subobject under the mouse, it should not do any selections as it's a command that's being executed. The way it is now it prevents me to use that same shortcut as deselect (when in face mode; works acceptable in edge and vertex because they are easier to avoid). The reason why fixing this would be good is for tablet users, cutting down on shortcuts. I like to have the ability to go into multiselect, deselect, and object mode all on mouse so I can go through multiple objects and submodes easily. And not blow all my mouse hotkeys for that. Also clicking outside of the mesh is not always easy if you are zoomed in working in a tight area.

BUG | VoidWorld-aug-9-11
    - When in 'Selection Mode' (Q), as soon as you press SHIFT or CTRL the (most recently used) manipulator shows up. It wasn't like this in the previous build.

About the RadialMenus, from what I see it's quite robust in terms of customizability, one would have to edit the XML file in UserSettings in order to change something like labels? Also the positions and number of available slots are fixed?

Appologies to all if I'm double posting or if this is all in, i need a bit of time to catch up :)

edit:
    IStonia | we wereposting at the same time. thanks on the tip.
  • 3dnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone having trouble getting ' Mirror ' to work or is it just me?

It was me (I think) after selecting Mirror it seems that you have to LMB on the actual object before it works.
  • IStonia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut: If you are talking about the symmetry function, you can have a look at the tutorial in the help book. Help > Tutorials.
  • memag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

- When nothing is selected the view should rotate around last selection (manipulator position). Currently it defaults to cursorPos I believe. To me this feels awkward to deal with.
    I think this is waht you're looking for.

View (top menu) -> view rotation pivot style -> toggle selection center/ interest point tumbling