So the plan with this guy. Full project all the way through as my portfolio needs some new personal art and much more textured objects.
WORLD WAR ROBOT - LARGE MARTIN
Some presentation / mood ideas
I've been a fan of Ashley Wood's work forever now and finally getting around to getting one of the robots from the World War Robot series modeled out. So I picked the Large Martin
version. He's a monster and the paint variations on this guy are fantastic.
The series consists of vinyl toys, comics and art books with Woods oil paintings in them. As such the paintings are very loose and don't focus on the details too much. Same with the toys. So I plan on adding some extra pieces to help assemble the models and add to them.
My plan for this piece:
- Make a nice High Poly with a few extra pieces
- Zbrush work on the pouches and possible variant versions (want to keep the damage on the main body to a minimum as I want to paint variations on the paint scheme)
- Small Environment (diorama) for him to be displayed in
- Break down of workflow (rendering, texturing, etc) along with streaming on livestream
- Build and assemble scene out in UDK
Streaming from my livestream will be at http://www.livestream.com/thejessemoody