Author : dek

Old (#1)
Most Up-To-Date Info on Page 4!Link!

I think I am ready to release my little plugin I have been working on. Most of them are pretty simple but I am trying to add some features that seem crazy to not have in the native program. Hopefully they can save you some time clicking stuff.

I am going to continue to add scripts as I make them. Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions.

Mask Grow: this script will attempt to grow your mask similar to how you can grow a selection in Photoshop. Enter how many polygons you want it to grow by in the slider and click grow. This is best used at medium to low SubD levels. At higher SubD levels it takes forever and the effect is barley noticeable. Zbr3 does have a "Grow" and "Shrink" mask now but it works differently and blurs the mask.

All SubTools to SubD level: this script will put all your subtools at the SubD level indicated by the slider. This is similar to "All High" and "All Low" in the SubTool menu only with more customization.

PP to Mask: if you have any Polypaint this script will convert it into a mask based on color value with a single click. This is useful if you want a way to preserve complex masks. Note: this script will work with layers as long as the layer(s) are not active.

Colorize Toggle: this script sets colorize (Polypaint) on or off for all your SubTools at once. Toggling them individually if you have lots of Subtools can be super time consuming.

AutoMask PG: ordinarily the brush setting "AutoMask by Polygroup" is a slider. While this feature is awesome when you want it... it's irksome when you don't. This button toggles between 100 (on) and 0 (off) with a button press. Ideally this button should be pulled into your interface somewhere so it's handy.

To instal:
Place ZSC file in your *\ZStartup\ZPlugs directory.

Huge thanks to my friend Matt and Marcus on the ZBC scripting forums. Couldn't have done anything without their continual help.

Last edited by nyx702; 02-25-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Offline , polygon, 653 Posts, Join Date Jan 2011, Location Raleigh NC  

Old (#2)
This is so awesome, you have my thanks and a beer on me my good Sir!

Just a question, would it be possible to create and 'automatic' tool which is essentially a mask at 80-90* angle? Basically, the same as your AutoMaskPG, but something which (maybe cavity mask) does an auto angle mask?

Just curious.

Either way, still awesome and thanks!
There's a very good chance that I experienced MORE problems, then all the internet put together in the area of 3D. Talk about being original for once...
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,763 Posts, Join Date Apr 2011, Location Canada  

Old (#3)
Thanks man! I will take you up on that.

So about your question. I am not 100% sure I know what you mean. Do you want a brush or a button?

You just don't want to be able to sculpt on geo that is at a 90 degree angle to a surface?

Old (#4)
It keeps saying page not found when I click on the download link. Same on the Zbrushcentral website where you also posted this plugin. I was hoping the download link would work here in Polycount but it didn't.
Offline , spline, 117 Posts, Join Date Jun 2011, Location Chicago, Illinois  

Old (#5)
Yep, that's about it, a simple click which will mask at hard angles, I keep on forgetting the settings for it usually, so that would be nice.
There's a very good chance that I experienced MORE problems, then all the internet put together in the area of 3D. Talk about being original for once...

Old (#6)
HERE
"This is the listener, this can be fun. Pink is for watching, white makes things run." -Mark Dygert
Offline , polycounter, 1,125 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Germany Send a message via ICQ to SpeCter  

Old (#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeCter View Post

Thanks SpeCter for the link!!! Any idea why the download link didn't work in the first place? Is it because of the browser that I am using which is Firefox but not Chrome?
Offline , spline, 117 Posts, Join Date Jun 2011, Location Chicago, Illinois  

Old (#8)
Link should work now. I am just stupid and wasn't paying attention to my copy and pastin.

Old (#9)
The problem was the link itself, it contained the polycount url + the real link ;)
"This is the listener, this can be fun. Pink is for watching, white makes things run." -Mark Dygert
Offline , polycounter, 1,125 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Germany Send a message via ICQ to SpeCter  

Old (#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Angel View Post
Yep, that's about it, a simple click which will mask at hard angles, I keep on forgetting the settings for it usually, so that would be nice.
Ah interesting! Is this brush similar to what you were thinking about?

Old (#11)
^
Ah, nice! Black updated his Brush set, cool. Thanks for the info and link, much appreciated!

Old (#12)
Very awesome! Thanks for sharing this.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,157 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Rafael, CA Send a message via AIM to Jeff Parrott Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Parrott  

Old (#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyx702 View Post
Colorize Toggle: this script sets colorize (Polypaint) on or off for all your SubTools at once. Toggling them individually if you have lots of Subtools can be super time consuming.
I love you! I waste so much time turning polypaint on and off one by one for color-mask baking.
The rest looks great too, grow should come in handy, often wanted something like that, thanks!
Offline , polycounter, 1,067 Posts, Join Date Jun 2006, Location Paris / France  

Old (#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I waste so much time turning polypaint on and off one by one for color-mask baking.
Gah I know!!! This annoyance was the whole reason I started making Zscripts! Seriously... how is that not the default option when hit colorize?!

Old (#15)
I have updated the Plugin with another script!

- Random Color: this script was requested by someone on the ZBC fourms. It will assign a random color to each of your subtools. This is useful when rendering a flat color pass so you can easily select your subtools when compositing.

Old (#16)
I have updated my plugin with a couple new features. You'll notice there are a few more buttons! These new buttons will hopefully reduce the amount of time spent browsing for commonly used files and get you sculpting faster.

There are two main things these buttons do. Store and Load Ztools and Zprojects to be quickly loaded on your next Zbrush session. Ztools and Zprojects are handled a little different so listen up. As always feel free post any questions or suggestions.

- Load Stored ZPR: This button will load a project stored with the "Open" button to the right.

-Open: This button will open the browser for you to select a project. This button also automatically stores the project you open. So after you "Open" a project once its forever stored until you open other with this button.

- Store Tool 1-3: These buttons will store the current tool you are on. You can have three different tools stored at once. Clicking it again will overwrite the previous save. If you CRTL-Click the button it will display the path of the tool saved so you know which Tool is assigned to which button.

- Load Tool 1-3: These buttons will load the Ztools assigned to the neighboring buttons.

Note: To get optimal use out of these scripts I HIGHLY recommend making a custom menu with these buttons and docking it above the "Tools" palette so that it will be close to your other Save/Load buttons. As seen in the GIF image.

If you don't know how to make a custom menu this is a great How To: I also recommend saving a copy of your UI before doing this.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by nyx702; 04-25-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old (#17)
thanks d00d
Offline , null, 14 Posts, Join Date Sep 2011,  

Old (#18)
I don't know if it works, but I think you can delete menus just by renaming them with nothing.
Offline , polycounter, 819 Posts, Join Date Oct 2006, Location France  

Old (#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatKitano View Post
I don't know if it works, but I think you can delete menus just by renaming them with nothing.
You're right, thank you! I've been searching high and low for how to get rid of my custom menus. I can't believe it was this hard to find. Anyway, yes, renaming to a blank name does it, awesome!
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,280 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010,  

Old (#20)
I know I wouldn't have found out myself if it wasn't for some pixo guy at work telling us...
That's why I share here cause I know a lot of people decided to scrap their entire config to get rid of their custom menus.
Offline , polycounter, 819 Posts, Join Date Oct 2006, Location France  

Old (#21)
If that's in the pixo documentation, I'll eat my hat. It's really annoying that they tell you how to create menus but not get rid of them. Again, thanks!

EDIT : Haha, just noticed that the title bar of the rename pop up tells you to leave it blank to delete the menu. I guess I just never saw that before ... but then, once I create the menu what are the odds I'll be renaming it and notice that? Bah!
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,280 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010,  

Old (#22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatKitano View Post
Well I'll be dipped! Thanks so much for mentioning it. Like the others I had searched forever to find a way. I tried removing all the buttons from the menu but that just breaks it all to hell.

Old (#23)
Hey guys! I have added a couple features to the plugin. These have to do with Subtool visibility. When you have lots of Subtools nothing is more aggravating then when you accidentally unhide all the Subtools you just took the time to carefully hide.

**IMPORTANT!**
I have also made the plugin look at a folder for some of the new data files the plugin generates to keep the clutter to a minimum. If you have used this plugin in the past, more specifically the Quick Load features, you will have to move the file "storedpath.zvr" into the "NicksToolsdata" folder to keep any stored Tool or Project paths. If you don't care or use those features then you can delete the .zvr files and Zbrush will make new ones in the right directory.

- Hide Above/Below: this script hides Subtools above or below the active Subtool in the Subtool menu. This is best used if your Subtools are somewhat organized. Just so their isn't any confusion this DOES NOT hide Subtools above or below based on the canvas position.

-Store/Restore Visibility: this feature is like an extended "Solo" or Isolation mode. When you press "Store Visibility" the current visibility status of all your Subtools are stored. You can hide/unhide subtools any way you want and then recall the stored visibility later. This is useful when you have alot of Subtools and want to just work on just a section. This is saved in between ZB sessions as well.

The script can be kind of slow with high SubD levels. If you want to speed the script up, select the top Subtool before running!

It is very important you do not add/delete or rearrange subtools after storing if you want to recall them again. It will give you an error and you will have to store the visibility again. The script looks at total subtool count so if you change it then it gets confused.

DOWNLOAD!

Old (#24)
Awesome!!!
Lamont G.- Environment Artist - UbiSoft Osaka
CGBYLG.com
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,468 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Japan Send a message via MSN to Lamont  

Old (#25)
Thanks nyx702!
Offline , polycounter, 1,067 Posts, Join Date Jun 2006, Location Paris / France