Yeah, I've got this same thread on here, CGSociety and GameArtisans. Sorry for the spamming, but this project counts towards my degree and I receive marks for taking on board critique from professional forums such as this, so I needed the thread to have maximum exposure.
Thank you very much for replying to me. I didn't start with bones, I made a base mesh in max using ref images, then I started forming out the muscles. The reference images I've managed to gather aren't a great deal of help and this dino isn't particularly muscular.
I took a look to see what I could do though and tweaked it slightly. I shifted the rear leg back slightly, shaped out a bit of a rib cage and things like you said. I refined some of the creases etc. I think it looks better now. Thanks a lot for your observations
Going to get the thumbs up from my tutor tomorrow and start retopping and texturing this.
Just so you know the sort of images I was working from I've included them too.