Gameloft Barcelona is hiring 3d Art Modelers!
on 03-13-2012 03:16 AM
Gameloft Ibérica is hiring 3D artists of senior experience level, interested to work in our Barcelona studio.
Our 3D R&D division is looking for talented artists who can contribute to our commitment to fully exploit the outstanding graphics performance and processing power of the newest hand-held platforms.
The line between home console and portable gaming device is aggresively blurred with the new generations of smartphones, touchphones and console handheld platforms being released in 2011.
Hardware technology on smartphones and consoles has made signifficant leaps and continues to evolve exponentially. Gameloft is ideally positioned to take full advantage of these new opportunities in our pursuit of bridging portable gaming with home-console quality expectations.
Naturally Gameloft’s technology solutions, workflow pipeline and team profiles constantly expand in order to accommodate a wider, more flexible range of artist profiles and specialisations.
The position below might suit you whether you excel at 3D low poly or hi-poly sculpting.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Role and responsibilities:
Modelling 3D characters, character props, vehicles and weapons in both low and high poly, depending on project profile.
Texture creation for modelled characters using diffuse, UV maps and normal mapping.
Understanding and following the project identity and techniques established by the Art and Technical Directors.
Implementation for both game and cinematics character models using shaders and commercial or custom real-time lighting solutions.
Coordinate with the Animation team to ensure ready-to-animate topology for in-game models.
Creating assets used for art-direction and gameplay prototyping.
Directly involved in the character design process together with the concept art, animation and game design teams to ensure optimal polygon, shader and textures usage.
Specialisation in style (realistic, cartoon), direction (modern, dark-fantasy, SF, cute), modelling technique (low, medium poly, Zbrush sculpting), content (props, vehicles, character models) is available once hired, depending on each candidate profile, experience and available projects at Gameloft.
- Knowledge in 3ds Max and Photoshop
- Strong knowledge in anatomy
- Ability to optimise low-poly or low-mid-poly topology taking in account both artistic and technical considerations
- Flexible in adapting to different graphic styles
- Knowledge in video game and overall art standards for characters
- High poly modelling/sculpting ability
- Previous character modelling experience in game development or animation
- Experience in any other character creation related specialisation: rigging, animation, concept illustration
- 3D generalist knowledge and experience with any 3D program
- The opportunity to work and learn in a professional environment, with people who have a passion for making great games.
- We offer a supportive working climate, a young and dynamic team with a free communication style and also the possibility to reward outstanding performances fairly.
- Motivating salary, long-term contract and a merit pay system.
Interested applicants should send their CV and samples or demo reel to email@example.com. Reference: 3d Character modeler