Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Axe, Stoop_Kid

Wow, so much talent going on here. I really want to try this out too, hopefully I can make something fun to add to the portfolio. :)

Any advice, comments, or ideas would be incredibly helpful, and I'm going to be looking around at everyone else's as well in the meantime.

Until then, silhouette concepts!

Silhouettes.jpg

I think I'm going to go with A, C, or E. I'll be making a refined concept shortly. They're probably going to stick to the Darksiders Core style, or even try the Kingdom of the Dead or Demonic. I tried the other styles, but not digging it as much.

Any critiques will be helpful, and I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's results! Good luck everyone! :D

Replies

• Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    In my opinion C and F are the best. Only silhouettes, so probably they look different for everyone like images from Roshak test.
    C looks very solid and stable, reminds me of something demonic with open jaw in the front of the blade. Although you should straighten the handle to fit requirements in matching proxy weapon.
    F from the other hand looks like powerful maker hammer, simple, but maker in my opinion should not be to complex :)
    Good luck in anything you chose.
  • Stoop_Kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Conras: Thanks! I think I'm going to try out C. Lots of ideas you gave me.

And now, more doodles. I forgot to straighten the handles... Again. The finalized concept will be coming soon, and I'm thinking of merging the first with the second (reading right to left). Any ideas or opinions would be awesome! :D

WeaponsB.jpg