Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Reale

Reale
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Reale polycounter lvl 6
I am not going to post a long list of reasons why I am here but to put it shortly - I lost focus of game art for over 4+ years and decided I want back in.

I am at a low level atm but I am grinding to level up...

so far I have been going through tuts over at 3d Motive - here are my results so far.
pc_bombcase_ftb.jpg
flats (web edition!)
pc_diffuse_bombcase.jpg

udk preview viewportgrabthing!

pc_bombcase_udk_pview.jpg

final image

pc_bombcase_final.jpg
Over time I am going to dump alot of random stuff from game art/modeling/modding (game modding and hardware modding)/random app creations and traditional art as well as branching away from tutorials so stick with me!

Replies

• Reale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reale polycounter lvl 6
    Ok on to the next tut! this is the hand painted texture workflow!
    pc_sword_shield_ftb.jpg
    flat

pc_diffuse.jpg

comparison
    pc_sword_shield_comparison.jpg
    I finished this tutorial on the same day the darksiders 2 comp opened, so I am going to attempt to enter that! it will be a good way to see where my current level is at!
  • Oranghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For so much time away your doing a really grand job, showing a good skillset with realistic and hand painted here, even improved the hand painted one a tad so looking forward to seeing more from you!
  • Reale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reale polycounter lvl 6
    Been away for some time but back to it - everyone and their mother seems to have done the recent shotgun tutorial by Millenia and I am no different... following the tutorial however I seemed to know what he was going to do before he did it and didnt really learn anything new... this isnt due to the tutorial being bad in anyway (it is fantastic) it just means I am now at the level where I need to attempt things on my own without someone to hold my hand...
    m37ithaca_pc.jpg

I cloned the tut model fairly close but there is noticeable differences, the stock on my gun is more flat (more akin to an ak than the m37) and the pump should have been exaggerated more and overall Millenia's model is rounder in spots where as mine seem flat but without comparing them side by side I think it turned out well!

The area I struggled the most in and where I gained a lot of new information was the texturing, not having used a gloss map before and just how someone can turn out a realistic looking texture with a little logic and the right tools

So having completed this and am happy with the final result and the many things I have learned from just modelling is great, I have now decided to try a weapon solo and instead of doing another shotgun or a rifle, I have decided to go with the M9 ... Having more intricate parts I have already started to struggle but am progressing slowly... updates to follow on completion!