I know this is right on the Contest page
, but I think it should get some special attention: The theme of your weapon. It is very important you know and establish your theme early on so that it drives every creative decision you make going forward. Vigil has very distinct themes for Darksiders II. Here is the important snippet from the Contest page.
Darksiders II Info
is heavily fantasy based. Please avoid anything that look Sci-Fi. Weapons in Darksiders II are broken up into six themes. Your entry may use any of the following themes (Please do not mix themes outside of Darksiders Core).
For reference, please refer to this image in addition to the descriptions below:
- Darksiders Core: Leather, Metal, Bone, Skulls, Wraps, Bolts, and Spikes are all common details used throughout Darksiders.
- Angelic: The Angelic designs are very sculptural and ornate. Stoic faces and wings are common details. These are often the most refined looking weapons.
- Demonic: Twisted and chaotic. The weapons often look as if they were possessed. Spikes, Horns and Teeth.
- Maker: Maker themed weapons should all look forged. They often incorporate metal and stone.
- Crow Temple: Crow Skulls along with purple tones are the primary design treatment for Crow temple assets.
- Kingdom of the Dead: The weapons of the dead are primarily metal and are often bladed or have many spikes. Skulls and vented details are used as relief.
Additional reference information: Various members of the Vigil team will be live streaming their workflow throughout the duration of the contest. Up first will be Polycount’s very own Brian ‘BoBo_the_Seal’ Jones. Check out their Livestream.com page
as the first stream begins this Thursday, March 1st 2012 at 6PM CST