ROCKSTAR NORTH - CHARACTER ANIMATOR
on 03-01-2012 09:24 AM
We are looking for experienced In-Game Character Animators. All candidates should be able to demonstrate exceptional animation skills - in particular we will be looking to see examples of movement, character and the human figure.
You will be self-motivated, responsive to direction and effective working to a brief. You'll be able to plan and schedule your time, work well under pressure and have the confidence to deliver to a deadline.
· Outstanding demo reel demonstrating strong animation ability and good aesthetic eye.
· Minimum of 3-year degree with an emphasis in character animation or equivalent work experience.
· Thorough understanding and application of classic animation principles (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, etc.)
· Experience with motion capture.
· Professional experience developing a third person action game.
· Strong traditional animation/art background.
· Exceptional skill in animating realistic human characters.
· Fluency in one or more of the major animation packages – skills in Motionbuilder an advantage.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with a wide variety of project staff.
· Strong organisational, problem solving and time management skills.
Please note: ALL applications should be accompanied by a demo reel, either on DVD or a web link.
· Demo reels should be no longer than 3 minutes.
· Sound is not important.
please apply online at www.rockstargames.com/jobs
- To create character animations of the highest quality and consistent to the character’s personality, design and movement style.
- The ability to meet project deadlines / milestones, as set by the Lead Animator and Production.
- Assist in the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- To collaborate effectively with designers and other dev to understand story and mission requirements.