Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alex Jerjomin Works and WIPs

hey guys, my name is Alex Jerjomin, im curantly studdy in hertfordshire university in UK,

I had a thread on poly count before, but it had to much erelevant stuff and i decided to make a thread strickly for my recant real time stuff.

You can find some of my older works: www.jerjomin3d.co.uk

so here what im curantly working on, its a big locomotive,
i'm still working on it but its almost finished, just need to play around a bit with specular map and lighting, to get it bit more shiny. not shore about the texture size eather, cause some say its way to big, but i did want a really crisp detail on, tell me what you think.

at the moment i'm working on my portfolio and this is one of the peace I wanted to include
01.jpg

Replies

• nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    Really inspiring work. I would however, check your spelling on a few words. "ASSOULT RIFLE" for instance, and "libery"

Other than that, the work is incredible.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you very much guys, yeah my spelling is horrible and some times spell check doesn't pick em up :( will fix :) thank you
  • zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    That train is amazing, but those texture sizes seem a little crazy
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 wrote: »
    That train is amazing, but those texture sizes seem a little crazy

thanks dude, yah you not the firs one to mention it :( i used to much unique parts and now really regretting it, but really dont want to re bake this thing :( in future will make shore not to repeat this mistake
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    your work looks great, and your website is very nice also, but the images of your work are too small, I want to be able to click the images on your site to get larger high res versions, unless I'm missing something?

Also, small nit pick about your website html, you've got "untitled doucement" in your title, so the tab title says untitled document, and if you save the bookmark it will also say untitled document. Just a simple fix I noticed!
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace wrote: »
    your work looks great, and your website is very nice also, but the images of your work are too small, I want to be able to click the images on your site to get larger high res versions, unless I'm missing something?

Also, small nit pick about your website html, you've got "untitled doucement" in your title, so the tab title says untitled document, and if you save the bookmark it will also say untitled document. Just a simple fix I noticed!

thanks man, yeah i thought about that as well, ill make images clickable on the website in near future and will fix the names, i rushed the site out a bit, gona sit down and spend some quality time fixing all glitches and stuff :), thanks
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys just wanted to share the new thing i just finished, its a splash damage art test, i noticed many ppl doing them atm so decided to give it a go :)
    02.jpg
  • Rabbid_Cheeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice work. The 3x at the beginning when describing your textures though made me think you were using 3x diffuse, 3x spec, 3x normal. Might want to label that differently. Otherwise The texture res seems fine given how large the asset probably would be on screen.

Edit: Your Splash Damage art test on your website shows the locomotive instead.
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks man, yeah i was just making litle lay out with all the textures and stuff, and in the same time updating my web site, so its bit broaking at the moment, thanks for kind words :) its realy is 3 textures :D 1 on the whole thing, and then i used realy small texture for the wire and realy small texture for the wire and wire clups, it wasnt originaly planed normaly i would put them all in one but then didnt want to rebake it all just to get whire in :) so left it like that, but main texture is 1k and then wire and wire clups are just 128x128
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    How about a little shadow in between the columns and a pinch of colour?

83327808.jpg
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ehh neil :D u and your color obsesion :), there was quite allot of color on it before but i desaturated it :(, i like desaturation, im the desaturator :), i think i forgot to turn AO on when was taking skreen shots, ill fix that, thanks man :)
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    train_01.jpg

decided to come back to the train, and put it in to some environment :)
  • Orangeknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orangeknight polycounter lvl 5
    lordsarum wrote: »
    train_01.jpg

decided to come back to the train, and put it in to some environment :)
    Looks pretty sick! Only have a couple of small crits, first maybe you should have 2 engine trains like in this image. Also some variety in the the cargo cars would be nice that is not just color. Maybe some flat cars or oil cars would be cool.
    TN_459-760914.jpg
  • lordsarum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man, yeah defiantly needed some more cargo variation, i have bean thinking about it, but was to lazy to make one, about second engine train, it would look cool im just scared that it might not fit in my scene, will have to see what i can do about it,