Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gears of War: Raam's Shadow Environment Work

paulsvoboda
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
Hey guys,
Since we just released another DLC, I thought I’d go ahead and post up some of the stuff I worked on for Raam’s Shadow. A large portion of this was done during my internship and a few pieces after I was hired on full time. I worked on this closely with Pete Ellis, with him tackling the exterior and me doing the interior. I tried fitting into the Gears style as much as I could and took a lot of inspiration from Kevin, Pat and Pete.
Lhq1A.jpg
qqMTN.jpg
ag7Fp.jpg
whCfT.jpg
fjpww.jpg
IaXp1.jpg
vvyLr.jpg
BSUw9.jpg
Y1DXO.jpg

And here are a few of the Low Poly’s created using the textures generated from the High Poly’s above. One of the biggest things I learned was how to think modularly, not just in the way environments are meshed but during the high poly stage thinking ahead and planning in order to generate textures which can be reused on a number of different meshes. Kevin, Pete and Pat are all brilliant at this and are able to push out textures that are extremely high res. I’ll try posting up a few more low poly meshes later.

LpVYJ.jpg

Here are some of the shots of the pieces assembled in the level. Warren Marshall did a great job with the meshing while Tim Elek worked on Effects, Maury on textures and a lot of others on various different things. Some of the other meshes such as the couches, statue and lights were created by others.

LchXg.jpg
yVQUn.jpg
OLjcu.jpg
z6xD7.jpg
MLFjU.jpg
i3R9i.jpg

Replies