Home Technical Talk

[Maya] froTools : a maya toolset for working faster

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Froyok greentooth
Version 3.2.5 now available ! :)
frotool_325.jpg

Download : http://www.froyok.fr/maya/froTools325.zip
Full manual : http://www.froyok.fr/blog/2012-12-frotools-3-2-new-enhanced-ui-and-tools

Hello polycounters, I have made a script for Maya which mix a lot of tools. I have tried to make a good toolbox for working more efficiency in Maya while I do some models. Since some of my friend wanted to get this script, I have made a public release ! Enjoy. :)

frotool_extrude.gif

frotool_plannarUV.gif

frotool_normalorientconstraint.gif

Changelog :
//froTools 3.2.5
-Added a checkbox to disable the CTRL+d manipulator change
-Updated the UV window (minor changes such as better button names)
-Updated the "duplicate faces" for Maya 2013 : removed the offset change
-Updated BestPlan and BestOrtho fucntion : now show the UV manipulator
-Updated the "Export path" : now single field and path is saved inside Maya variables.
-Updated FBX default option : "connection" is now disabled by default (for UDK export compatibility)
-Updated the "UV Center" : selection converted when called from UI window.
-Updated the CTRL+d duplicate : keep the current manipulator
-Fixed "froWindow3" killing error (when preferences weren't existing)
-Fixed the missing size field for the Snapshot UV function.
-Fixed the crash with the Photoshop path (removed the exe file filter)
-Fixed the annoying message "Warning: Some items cannot be moved in the 3D view.".

//froTools 3.2
-New icons for UV tools/Transform
-New UV editor window (new icons, new organization, auto center placement)
-Updated ngons selector
-Updated the main UI to enhance the workflow
-Updated grid subdivisions shortcut : now power of 2 + work in the UV editor window
-Added "Convert smooth", "combine" classic and "combine" weld, Normals constrain tool + Conform
-Added new UV tool : best averaged plannar projection and best orthographic plan from camera angle (Best ortho plan)
-Added double click options for Polygon creation and some Tools (split, slide, edge loop)
-Added custom path to open with Photoshop (instead of using the Maya prefs setup)
-Added UV set transfert (copy one UV set content to an other mesh)
-Added Flip Edge from faces selection (also working on edges)
-Added "Edge selection to Curve" tool in the Curves tools (with option to Open/Close)
-Added "Edge loop and delete" tool (faster way to loop an edge and delete it)
-Fixed a bug in the Interactive tool (bevel/merge)
-Fixed the mirror function, now working when mesh is in object and component mode
-Fixed and Re-added the selection convertion (with option to toggle it)
-Fixed a compatibility issue with the froXnormal script (window name)
-Fixed the CTRL+D extrude : does not conflic anymore with Maya options
-Removed "Merge to center", "Split edge" (bugged/duplicate of other tools)

//froTools 3.1.4
-Updated to support last updates of the FBX exporter (FBX 2012/2013)
-Updated UI on the Settings tab (new colors and organization)
-Added choice to use the fbx file format version (2009 to 2013)
-Removed "default" button setting for FBX (broken and not usefull)

//froTools 3.1.3
-Added "Keep Location" and "Center to grid" option for the OBJ exporter.
-New colors for the UI, easier location of the tools

//froTools 3.1.2
-Added obj UVset export : you can export the desired uvset from a mesh to an obj file
-Added combined export with desired filename for FBX and OBJ.
-Added UVs button in the main dock for a access

//froTools 3.1.1
-Added the "Apply random colors" for the UV shells (with texture export)

//froTools 3.1
-Added curves tools
-Added new UV tools (projections directions)
-Added new normals tools (Normal cap/fillet)
-Added new tool : snap vertex to nearest point on grid
-Removed flip trangle direction (available with ctrl + alt + arrows left or right)
-Added new shorcut for increasing/decreasing grid subdivivions (alt+x and alt+c)
-Changed hotkey for target weld (now alt+d)
-added "individual" checkbox for FBX export, if you uncheck it everything selected is exported in one FBX file

//froTools 3.0.5 R2
-Fixed custom UV rotation function (invalid call)

//froTools 3.0.5 R1
-Fixed the hide of the menubar in the hypershade/viewports (you have now a button with the HideUI)
-Added some fucntions compatible with the G-Key (repeat key) of maya
(weld/cut uv, fill hole, insert edge loop, merge center, delete edge/vertice)

//froTools 3.0.5
-Fixed dockControl system for Maya 2010 and before.
-Fixed an invalid call of a function with the texture window button

//froTools 3.0
-New UI : Simple window with 2 tabs (poly tools and settings)
-New UI : UV windows with integrated tools
-New UI : added a lot of new icons
-Rebuild some function in a more clean way.

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    looking good! does it work ok with viewport 2?
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    bugo wrote: »
    looking good! does it work ok with viewport 2?
    I will say "yes" but I'm not totally sure of that. I think most of the tools will work since they are basic maya tools improved.
    One thing I have notice that doesn't work is the vertex size slider (in viewport 2.0 the vertex looks like not displayed).
    The UV Borders have the same problem.

I don't think that the problem is from my toolset, it's just Maya who doesn't display these elements.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    main i mostly do environment props, but next time i work on a character i will give this a shot for retopo looks pretty good and a good alternative to having to get nex or retopog
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Well, I'm open to suggestions ! :)
    Most of the "Polygons tools" can be used to make props. I can maybe add some "paint" tool, like the different sculpt geometry tool options.

I will maybe add the slide edge tool too.
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Looks great so far. I won't be able to try this tool out for a while so maybe the suggestions below are already implemented, but here's what I would like to see that I didn't notice so far:

A smart select feature when creating quads verts/edges so that you don't have to have the cursor right over the component (be able to set the detection distance).

Feature to brush or smudge many verts around the surface with adjustable fall off- or maybe soft select already takes care of this?

When you extrude edges it looks like it snaps the new edge to the live mesh so the verts are not on the surface. Would be nice to have a quick way to snap all these verts to the live mesh with a click.

Might be nice to be able to ghost the live/reference mesh or the retopo mesh from the interface.
  • Ignoto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ignoto polycounter lvl 7
    Looks interesting, remind me retopo in Zbrush.
    I´ll give it a try.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    haikai wrote: »
    A smart select feature when creating quads verts/edges so that you don't have to have the cursor right over the component (be able to set the detection distance).
    Yeah, good idea, I hate the maya selection system which is very random. I will try to improve that.
    Feature to brush or smudge many verts around the surface with adjustable fall off- or maybe soft select already takes care of this?
    Unfortunately, the soft selection/average vertice tools doesn't work with the live selection.
    I have no idea for the moment on how to implement that, but it's planned. It will need a little bit of work I think to achieve that.
    When you extrude edges it looks like it snaps the new edge to the live mesh so the verts are not on the surface. Would be nice to have a quick way to snap all these verts to the live mesh with a click.
    It's because the selection is based on the center of the edge, not of the vertice positions. I feel too it's annoying, but I don't have an idea for the moment to improve that.
    I think if I try to snap the vertice automatically on the mesh even while moving in edge mode, it will make some problem with huge edges (I guess).
    Might be nice to be able to ghost the live/reference mesh or the retopo mesh from the interface.
    What do you mean by ghost ?

Thanks for the suggestions anyway ! :)
    Currently I'm trying to make a tool directly for extrude quad, exactly like in topogun. It's bit hard for me since I'm not a mel expert, it will just take some time.

Ignoto wrote: »
    Looks interesting, remind me retopo in Zbrush.
    I´ll give it a try.
    Héhé, In my case I don't like most of the retopo tools (I prefer topogun at least) this is why I was looking for a solution directly in maya.
    Nex is good, but a bit old and have poor performances in maya now. :(

---

A good trick I have tested and it works well is to make a basic polygon cylinder, remove the top and down faces and move the object around a part or your character. With the lcRetoo you have just to "skin wrap" and relax a bit the vertex and you get a base retopology very quickly.
    For making arms or legs is very helpful ! thumbup.gif
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Froyok wrote: »
    What do you mean by ghost ?

Sorry for the confusion. I mean like an X-ray view where the mesh is translucent. So for example, the ability to make the live/reference mesh x-ray, but keep the retopo mesh opaque, or vice versa.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Sorry for the confusion. I mean like an X-ray view where the mesh is translucent. So for example, the ability to make the live/reference mesh x-ray, but keep the retopo mesh opaque, or vice versa.
    I was not sure, but now I see what you mean ! I think a simple maya shader with some fresnel will be ok I guess. I will try.
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    I was not sure, but now I see what you mean ! I think a simple maya shader with some fresnel will be ok I guess. I will try.

Well, there's actually a script out there for object based x-ray view. I think Maya's default x-ray viewport option applies to the whole scene. A custom shader might be cool, but also may not be necessary because an x-ray view is typically independent of the shader.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Well, if an x-ray view is what you need, the lcRetopo by leocov already provide this option !
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Version 2.5 is available ! :)

What is new ?
    //2.5
    -Added “Copy” option for the mirror object buttons
    -Added UV scale, rotate, and pack to corner option
    -Added Random UV tile
    -Fixed hotkey setup (now can edit the hotkey)
    -Added “Match UV” for matching selected uv vertices to another.
    -Added snapshot with color option
    -Added shelf button creation

//2.4
    -Automatic delete history for ExtVtx (make maya faster)
    -Fixed HideUI button not working if the display menu was not loaded
    -Added new UV functions for moving a whole UV range
    -New UI with tabs -> smaller window

Download and full manual :
    http://www.froyok.fr/blog/2012-01-frotools-2-5-new-uv-tools
    froTools25_poly.jpgfroTools25_uv.jpg
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    @Froyok looks like a good update, but the link to it on your server is dead.
  • Crispy4004
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice toolbox you have there. I certainly prefer doing retopology with my own tool for a number of reasons, but it is very nice having a few of those other tools in the same window.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    passerby wrote: »
    @Froyok looks like a good update, but the link to it on your server is dead.
    Ho ! Sorry for that, it's fixed now !
    Here the direct download link : http://www.froyok.fr/maya/froTools25blog.zip
    Crispy4004 wrote: »
    Nice toolbox you have there. I certainly prefer doing retopology with my own tool for a number of reasons, but it is very nice having a few of those other tools in the same window.
    I'm curious, what do you use for your retopology ?
  • Crispy4004
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am the developer of RetopoG, currently in the last stages of Beta testing. Actually it was my tool that inspired Leonardo to create LcRetopoBasic as a basic free alternative, so by extension I guess that makes yours related as well :).

Don't really have a problem with all this as it stands. It's up to you how much further you want to take this as a retopo tool, but just as a heads up, in addition to everything unique my tool does, I have either implemented the features requested/discussed here or are well on my way to including them. Please, please don't take that to mean I am discouraging you. This is still very convenient and what both you and Leonardo have done is very commendable. Hope you continue adding all sorts of useful functionality to it.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Crispy4004 wrote: »
    I am the developer of RetopoG, currently in the last stages of Beta testing. Actually it was my tool that inspired Leonardo to create LcRetopoBasic as a basic free alternative, so by extension I guess that makes yours related as well :).

Don't really have a problem with all this as it stands. It's up to you how much further you want to take this as a retopo tool, but just as a heads up, in addition to everything unique my tool does, I have either implemented the features requested/discussed here or are well on my way to including them. Please, please don't take that to mean I am discouraging you. This is still very convenient and what both you and Leonardo have done is very commendable. Hope you continue adding all sorts of useful functionality to it.

Haha, it's very funny ! it's because I'm waiting since a long time RetopoG that I'm doing this ! Your tool have inspired mine ! :)
    Be sure that I will be one of the first tester of retopoG !

So don't worry, no problem with your comment !

(And I'm an such an idiot, why I didn't read your signature ?)
  • dpaynter26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
    both of them are great, im glad i have found this and you've made it :D thanks Froyok
  • Crispy4004
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, it's very funny ! it's because I'm waiting since a long time RetopoG that I'm doing this ! Your tool have inspired mine ! :)
    Be sure that I will be one of the first tester of retopoG !

So don't worry, no problem with your comment !

(And I'm an such an idiot, why I didn't read your signature ?)
    Haha, it happens. It certainly has been some time since I first introduced it. Looking back though, I'm really happy decided to spend the time to refine it and do the Beta testing as it has come a long, long way. The earlier beta versions in particular were quite rough around the edges. Could have been a disaster had I released it early, in fact I feel a little bad for what the beginning Beta testers were working with.
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woo this is a great set of tools. tho i had trouble gettin the script to run at first.
    Downloaded the 2.5 version and tried to call the script "froTools2" it couldnt find it. so i read how to install the original and it says to type "froRetopo2" so i tried that. it didnt launch the tool but then typing in "froTools2" after that the tool launched and ive set the shortcut to shelf.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Well, that's strange. I will investigate that and try to find a solution.
    I'm working on the 2.6.5 since a few days, so I will update a fix inside it ! :)
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    must be something with me not having the first release and just goin straight to v2.5?
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    No, the scripts are totally independents.
    Maybe the problem comes from Maya directly.

I think even If you have added the script before launching Maya you need to sue the "source" command to load the script ("source froTools2.mel") and then launch the command "froTools2".
    (The shelf button is already configured like that to just have replacing the script and don't need to remake the shelf button)

I will do some other tests...
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    Hey man, I love the script but I'm having an issue trying to set up the hotkeys for the first time.

I run the setup but it gives me this.
    // Error: runTimeCommand: Object 'xsiDuplicateKey' not found.

Any idea? Maybe I did something wrong.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Yeah, sorry for that. I friend told me about this error. It's fixed now for the next update.
    I can't provide an update yet because I have a lot of code which is not ready.

What you can do for the moment is fixing by yourself the code. In the script, find this part :
    global proc setupHotKeys()
    {

And replace all the function by this :
    global proc setupHotKeys()
    {
        //snapMerge
        if (!`runTimeCommand -exists snapMergeKey`) 
        {
            runTimeCommand
                -annotation "snap Merge vertex"
                -category "User"
                -commandLanguage "mel"
                -command ("froSnapMerge();\nsetToolTo $gMove;")
                snapMergeKey;
        }
        else
        {
            runTimeCommand -edit 
                -annotation "snap Merge vertex"
                -category "User"
                -commandLanguage "mel"
                -command ("froSnapMerge();\nsetToolTo $gMove;")
                snapMergeKey;
        }

nameCommand
            -annotation "snapMergeKeyNameCommand"
            -sourceType "mel"
            -command ("snapMergeKey")
            snapMergeKeyNameCommand;

hotkey -keyShortcut "D" -name ("snapMergeKeyNameCommand");

//xsiDuplicate
        if (!`runTimeCommand -exists xsiDuplicateKey`) 
        {
            runTimeCommand
                -annotation "xsi Duplicate type"
                -category "User"
                -commandLanguage "mel"
                -command ("froXsiDuplicate;\nsetToolTo $gMove;")
                xsiDuplicateKey;
        }
        else
        {
            runTimeCommand -edit
                -annotation "xsi Duplicate type"
                -category "User"
                -commandLanguage "mel"
                -command ("froXsiDuplicate;\nsetToolTo $gMove;")
                xsiDuplicateKey;
        }

nameCommand
            -annotation "xsiDuplicateKeyNameCommand"
            -sourceType "mel"
            -command ("xsiDuplicateKey")
            xsiDuplicateKeyNameCommand;

hotkey -keyShortcut "d" -ctl -name ("xsiDuplicateKeyNameCommand");
    }

• Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah, sorry for that. I friend told me about this error. It's fixed now for the next update.
    I can't provide an update yet because I have a lot of code which is not ready.

What you can do for the moment is fixing by yourself the code. In the script, find this part :

Looks like that worked. Thanks for the quick reply! I'm looking forward to the next update.
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    wow, love the layout. The original bevel in maya suck, so I made a modification based on original interactive bevel by iconoklast which can be found here.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/modeling/poly-tools/c/interactivetool

you know when you extrude in maya, there's a popup like caddies in max, i wonder if you could implement that in the bevel, that would be awesome cause we dont have to slide the amount from the channel box.

8bljz.jpg
    This is for extrude but I'd hope to see it in bevel :)

Cheers!
  • bloodmoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bloodmoon polycounter lvl 8
    Gotta try this out. Looks nice. Thanks for trying to build nice tools for Maya. ^_^
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    elte wrote: »
    wow, love the layout. The original bevel in maya suck, so I made a modification based on original interactive bevel by iconoklast which can be found here.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/modeling/poly-tools/c/interactivetool

you know when you extrude in maya, there's a popup like caddies in max, i wonder if you could implement that in the bevel, that would be awesome cause we dont have to slide the amount from the channel box.

8bljz.jpg
    This is for extrude but I'd hope to see it in bevel :)

Cheers!

Adding the interactive tools is doable, but the display on the UI looks like something more hard to achieve. I will see what I can do.
    Also, I'm using Maya 2011, so I will not be able to get the same system as in Maya 2012.

[EDIT] I guess that a simple small window which pop-up while you perform this type of task will be fine.
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    well probably a popup small window with a slider or maybe a HUD instead of channel box, and its backward compatible too. Well its time to replace that 'bevel' button you have hehe..
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Version 2.6.5 available ! :)

Download
    : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13564647/maya/froTools265blog.zip
    Manual : http://www.froyok.fr/blog/2012-02-frotools-2-6-5-new-anim-tab-fbx-export-and-more

Change log :
    //BUGs/ToDo for 2.7 :
    --Select+ and Select- doesn't work properly until the command is called once from the Maya menu.
    --Add pop window for the interactve tools
    --Make the extrude vertex quad into a tool for faster workflow
    --The Curve buttons in the animation tab are not always working, depending of the name of your object
    --The smoothSkin tool is not yet available
    //2.6.5
    -Added new tab for animation tools
    -Added new Edge ring button selection
    -Added slide edge
    -Added new normal tool : lock/unlock/face/size and Look at me
    -Added Discrete rotate/scale/translate
    -Added Edge loop + number of loop
    -Added fill hole (classic + fill quadrangulate)
    -Added Temp selector for easier selections
    -Added multiple Tools setting with checkBox (PreserveUv and so on)
    -Updated the FBX Export (now with preset and full options) and now really working
    -Updated the UI hider button with custom choices for what to hide
    -Updated the selection buttons : improved and can now convert your selection to another type

//2.6
    -Fixed "Invert" button for inverted selection (calling Align Vertex instead of Invert)
    -Added "<" shorcut for selecting the current UV island
    -Fixed the "make shelf button" with annotation and name
    -Mixed Export and Setup in the same tab (Misc)
    -Fixed xsi duplicate key fixed for new maya setup
    Presentation of the features :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPn-sOSjFMk&quot;]froTools 2.6.5 - Tab Poly - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9nkhFf0oQc&quot;]froTools 2.6.5 - Tab UV/Anim/Misc - YouTube[/ame]

(Sorry for my poor english, I hope it's understandable !)
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice update!

Im using maya2012
    however the ToQuad function doesnt work for me :( I have to hit ToTri then ToQuad
    Also the TglNrml is now Vertex Normals?

another couple useful things might be tool tip popups and is there a way to redo the last tool used? like usually in maya you press G and it will repeat last tool you had
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    pinkbox wrote: »
    nice update!

Im using maya2012
    however the ToQuad function doesnt work for me :( I have to hit ToTri then ToQuad
    Also the TglNrml is now Vertex Normals?

another couple useful things might be tool tip popups and is there a way to redo the last tool used? like usually in maya you press G and it will repeat last tool you had

-ToQuad (as the classic Quadrangulate of Maya) doesn't work on nGons, this is why you need to perform a triangulation before.

-TglNorm simply display the normal on your object, you can use the field just below the button to change the size of the displayed normals.
    The previous TglNorm was displaying the normal of a face, but I thought that it was not a good idea since normals on vertices are more important. This is why the button now display only the normals on vertices.

I will try to add annotations on the buttons for the next update (but honestly, I don't plan an update soon. It took me a lot of time to made this update and I have a lot of work to catch up).
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats cool man. thanks for the reply and i really really appreciate the work you've put into it so far :)
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    As a request from a friend, I have made a quick update. The UI is now with bigger buttons. I know that on some Screens it's a bit hard to use some buttons.
    frotools_265_big.jpg

Download : http://www.froyok.fr/maya/froTools265blog_big.zip
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    a tool tip in the status bar would help... rather than visiting the site for explanation.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Version 3.0 available ! :)
    frotools30_main.jpg

Download
    : http://www.froyok.fr/maya/froTools30.zip
    There is no true manual this time because I'm a bit lazy and mostly because I have added annotations on every buttons.

Full credits/install instructions here : http://www.froyok.fr/blog/2012-05-frotools-3-0-a-better-ui-for-a-better-workflow
  • ultramedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
    I guess in this case you could say one *does* simply walk into maya mr frotools... ;)
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    Quick question : is it working with 2010 ? That's the version we're using at work and when I try to run the mel line, I got this error message : // Error: Cannot find procedure "dockControl".
    Cheers
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    joebount wrote: »
    Quick question : is it working with 2010 ? That's the version we're using at work and when I try to run the mel line, I got this error message : // Error: Cannot find procedure "dockControl".
    Cheers
    Hmmm, you probably get this error because the dockControl system is only available in maya 2011 and above. Since I have updated a bit the way the window is created and docked, I guess is not fully compatible with previous version.
    Unfortunately I have only maya 2011.

I will see what I can do. Can you still launch the window or not ?
    ultramedia wrote: »
    I guess in this case you could say one *does* simply walk into maya mr frotools... ;)
    Sorry... but I never succeeded to understand this joke. x]
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hum, nop, nothing seems to happen (there should be a window of some sort appearing, right ?)
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    New version 3.0.5 :
    -Fixed dockControl system for Maya 2010 and before.
    -Fixed an invalid call of a function with the texture window button

Download : http://www.froyok.fr/maya/froTools305.zip
    hum, nop, nothing seems to happen (there should be a window of some sort appearing, right ?)
    Does it work now ?

[EDIT] okay, I have a friend who has Maya 2010, with his help I was able to fix some errors specific to the UI, I get this for the moment. I will need more time to make it compatible with Maya 2010.

cd7sL.jpg
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much for the quick reaction :)
    I got this error message now : // Error: Too many children in layout: frameLayout8
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    man this looks sweet, thanks for sharing :)
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Feel free to report any bugs/problems, I don't have so much computers to test my script (even if I use it everyday) ! :)
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks man this is awesome. Gonna give this a try asap.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    So many buttons!
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So far, no luck, but again, thank you for the effort and for sharing !
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Froyok, thanks a lot for making this plugin. will try it out as soon as I can, gotta say looks very useful. will keep an eye on it.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    F Yes! This tool is incredibly awesome! Especially useful for max users going to maya.

Took a bit to make work, but it ended up working great!

Thanks Froyok!