Could be fun. Apparently Runic opened a thread on their forum
in which their community members (ie, anyone) can submit armour concepts, one of which will be modeled and put in the game. Of course, it's tempting to just model something. They emphasize it's not about the quality of the image, rather how well the design animates and works from an isometric perspective.
Originally Posted by Site Q&A
- What do you win?
- One winning armor set design will be chosen to be modeled, textured and put into Torchlight II as a Unique Armor Set!
- The creator of the winning armor set will also receive a Torchlight II poster signed by the team.
- Is there only one winning armor set?
- Yes. Only one armor set will be modeled and put into the game.
- We may choose some Honorable Mentions that will receive a Torchlight II poster signed by the team.
- What is the best way to draw an armor set?
- A 'paperdoll' with both front, back, and either profile or 3/4 views are our preferences, but you can submit it as more of an illustrative piece.
- While we will accept any type of illustration it is important to note that this is not a 'who can render armor the most beautifully' contest... it is a 'design contest', so even if the art is line work with flat colors we will consider it. In the end, the best design will win, not necessarily the prettiest picture.