Old (#26)
Thanks for the great comments guys and thanks for the feedback on the thumbnails. Will definately help me chose a direction for the enemies.

@imbueFX. Thanks for the offer will keep that in mind. We will be adding particles and shader fx for things like the lava heat haze. We'll be looking at that later in the dev.

@Habboi. Yes, other palettes are going to be in game. The game progresses up through hell toward the surface. So the palette might go toward browns and green moss colours. There will also be other colour palettes throughout for "themed" stages, etc.
We are talking about releasing an editor for the game. Making your own levels is definatley a possiblity.

Multiplayer is also on the cards but we'll see.
UbiSoft Reflections
Personal Art: < Blog >< DeviantArt >< CGHub >< DrawCrowd >
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,727 Posts, Join Date Dec 2007, Location Newcastle UK  

Old (#27)
More demon thumbs

UbiSoft Reflections
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,727 Posts, Join Date Dec 2007, Location Newcastle UK  

Old (#28)
very nice!
just some characters reminds me of Hear of Darkness game
Offline , triangle, 303 Posts, Join Date Jan 2012, Location Slovakia Send a message via Skype™ to theSixtyEight  

Old (#29)
^ thanks. Heart of darkness was a favourite of mine.
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#30)
Some Shrine designs. Shrines will act as checkpoints throughout the game.

UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#31)
I'd stick to the red for the shrines, but the 15-16 are my favourites for the shape. For the demons I'd say you definitly need different types. Linke one big blocky dude, a small flying one, etc. 7 is definitly my favourite for the big guy. And the 5 is awesome I'd see, I totaly see him walking upside down. 6 is definitly a must, but Id make it smaller compared to the others.

very nice!
Offline , spline, 189 Posts, Join Date Nov 2011, Location Québec,Canada  

Old (#32)
Thanks theslingshot

Here's a simple animatic to show off a WIP ambient track created for the game. Enjoy.

UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#33)
Small update: This is a Fugger. One of Hell's many security guards.

UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#34)
Wow. Been ages since an update. We are still very busy with the game though.

Anyhoo. Here's some palette tests for the games various areas in Hell. Hope you like em!

Hell (default)

Cave

Slime ver1.

Slime ver2.

Last edited by Stinger88; 05-03-2012 at 02:00 PM..
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#35)
I dig this a lot.
Offline , spline, 204 Posts, Join Date Dec 2009, Location Seattle, Wa  

Old (#36)
I'm not sold yet on the slimes one maybe a mix between the two palettes cause right now it's too saturated/desaturated, but the cave one looks great ^^
Offline , spline, 189 Posts, Join Date Nov 2011, Location Québec,Canada  

Old (#37)
good stuff! what's the final game view going to be? same but wider? or a portion of what we see here
www.redprodukt.com
Rich Make Game! twitter: @RichMakeGame
"You can't edit nothing"
Offline , Counter of Polys™, 6,475 Posts, Join Date Dec 2004, Location Newcastle, uk  

Old (#38)
This is awesome stuff!

FWIW, I prefer Slime V.2, but maybe redden the foreground colors a tad more (compliment the green a bit more). Also, default Hell's midground colors might sell the environment more if you redden the layer immediately around the red background-- just to tie in the two major tones a bit more. I would actually try a soft orange tint to that layer, with the base red layer closer to orange than red (like the red-orange of a cartoony flame, for example). Either way, this is great stuff, I can't wait to check this game out!
Offline , triangle, 290 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Chicago, IL  

Old (#39)
Thanks guys.

@theslingshot: I agree the slime ones are a bit more colourful than the others. Might have to tone it down to bring it in line with the other 2.

@roo: Yeah. Same but wider for the default view. Won't be sure till we get a playable build (SOON hopefully) to see it in action. We also thinking the camera will be zooming in and out occationally, depending on how much of a particular level/puzzle element needs to be seen in advance. This should be quite subtle though not a jarring zoom.

@Wipeout: Thanks for the feedback. The Lava in the Hell palette will also have a heat haze with a gradient over the lower terrain. This should also help tie everything together. Will try your ideas out.
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#40)
@ George1: Either you're spam or google translate isn't quite working as expected.

Spam I think as my emailed notifacation includes a url for "cleaning cassettes"... A dying art IMO.

anyhoo. Thanks for thinking about taking the time to learn to join me. fast, slow I don't mind.

Last edited by Stinger88; 05-04-2012 at 02:01 AM..
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#41)
Cool stuff! *subscribed*
Offline , spline, 109 Posts, Join Date Oct 2011, Location Belgium  

Old (#42)
subscribed!
Offline , triangle, 391 Posts, Join Date Jan 2010, Location Slovakia Send a message via Skype™ to cupsster  

Old (#43)
Thanks for subbing

Quick update. Here's the new Logo!!!

Now I can get on with the really important stuff like T-shirts ;P

Last edited by Stinger88; 05-11-2012 at 10:39 AM..
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#44)
Oh Stinger you've got some canny great work cooking up here.

I like your logo but maybe you could incorparate the jagged stalactites and stalagmites design you created for hell into the logo as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Offline , polygon, 620 Posts, Join Date Jun 2011, Location Newcastle, UK  

Old (#45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger88 View Post
Thanks for subbing

Quick update. Here's the new Logo!!!

Now I can get on with the really important stuff like T-shirts ;P

Are you all out of the Bort license plates?
Offline , polycounter, 1,259 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location Las Vegas, NV  

Old (#46)
Oh man I really like those color studies. My only concern is if you are really going to push the concept of a fire/brimstone type hell, you might want to go with schemes that will look good with lava as that seems to be the iconic things down there. Thats not to say there cant be different areas in hell. A slime hell sounds awesome!
molotov-

Konstruct|3D

SKETCH|BOOK (available for freelance)
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,036 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location three oh three.  

Old (#47)
This is looking stunning!! And I am already in love with the slingshot mechanic. Great stuff, can't wait to play it!
Offline , insane polycounter, 5,754 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Irvine CA  

Old (#48)
Thanks guys!

@Di$array: Nice to hear from a fellow Geordie! (assuming you are). Yeah, I thought about making the logo more like the terrain but I decided against it. Having said that, when I showed the team the logo they suggested the terrain might look good if it looked like the Font! A bit backwards but I think its a great idea. See the results below.

@konstruct: I think a lot of the fire a brimstone will come into the lava levels when we add a heat haze and particles. The other palettes are for higher up areas of Hell (closer to earths surface) as Bort progresses. The slime idea comes from the punishment for Gluttony, "Gluttons are forced to lie in vile freezing slush, guarded by Ceberus"

Anyhoo, updateth ye or suffer thine Wrath...eth......

Since posting the new logo it hads been suggested that
maybe the terrain sould curve a little as it does in the Font of the logo.

Here's the resulting test run using the cave palette scene. Please let me know which you prefer.

Gif comparison
UbiSoft Reflections

Old (#49)
Curved, much easier to read (for me at least) it gives more detail and looks cooler
Offline , spline, 160 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Romania  

Old (#50)
Im a fan of Curved
Offline , spline, 211 Posts, Join Date Dec 2011, Location Madison, WI