Thanks for the feedback guys
. After getting the robot into UDK I realised it was way, way too noisy and wasn't working in the scene at all. I hadn't taken the time to step back to make sure all elements of the design were working which was rather foolish.
I decided to start over and build something more faithful to the original design. I added curved armour plates to the legs to give the whole design a more organic feel and to bulk out the legs to make them feel more powerful. I'll add smaller details such as panel lines and rivets later on in Photoshop.
Any feedback before I move onto the low poly is welcome.