Old (#1)
I have a UDK project that was working fine. Made a lovely scene sometime ago. Only now I seem to have messed up the folder system or the files.

I created a scene of a watermill in a old version. Today I copied the udk and upk files over and made a nice tidy folder structure (may not be the same as the original) and when I open the UPK in a newer version i get a message (a package named *** already exists. package names must be unique). The folder in the content browser is empty.
When I try and open the map .udk I get an error saying - missing objects, a list of MY static objects missing, and it says if I save they will be set to Null.

I've tried opening in the old version, but now when I open the .udk map, it crashes.

There must be a way to open my scene in a new version of UDK?
Is there a way of setting the path to the meshes folder? Or how do I find out where its looking for the meshes folder? (then i can copy the folder to that location and it should load it)
Offline , spline, 119 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010, Location Hampshire, UK  

Old (#2)
I have right clicked on the package in the newer version and done 'fully load'. I can now see all the staticobjects, materials and textures in the content browser.

But when I load the .udk map I still get the error message window saying: missing objects, a list of MY static objects missing (even though they are in the content browser now), and it says if I save they will be set to Null. The scene is empty excpet for a water plane.

Basically its still not loading the map. Any ideas?

Old (#3)
Quote:
(a package named *** already exists. package names must be unique).
This means that UDK is finding the package twice, in two different folders. Delete the one that you don't want and see what happens. Odds are that it's loading a bad one or something...
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,536 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010,  

Old (#4)
Ok. That does seem to have helped.
Scary few hours there. Thought I had lost a couple of months of work!

Old (#5)
0_o

*Backs up UDK work*
Offline , polycounter, 877 Posts, Join Date Nov 2011, Location Brighton, UK  

Old (#6)
hahaha, yeah. I do have back ups of the files. I think I created a whole mess when I moved folders and files around to make it neater. Probably broke paths, and had multiple copies or something. :-/