Home Technical Talk

very low poly model tutorial

Hi guys! I am going to create a 3d game but I don’t now how to create very low poly human model with cloth I searched over Google but can’t find one, can anybody make a video tutorial on how to make a very low poly human model here is some picture of model that I want to create like that, Please help me.
Thanks!:)
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I usually work face-by-face when working on something like that. I don't think there's any special technique to learn when it is that low, though it can help to work with a flat-shading / constant material applied so that you're only worrying about the bare silhouette more than anything else.
  • gameside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can anyone else make a tutorial please i really need it i will give credit in my game pleazzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

i want to make like these
    url.jpg

silhouPOP.png
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Begging is bad.

Requesting a tutorial to make a model is pretty much the same as requesting the model itself. you'll have a VERY hard time requesting a tutorial though as they take a while to produce and get online.

A quick estimate, how much would you know about modeling and texturing or making a game in general? And what software do you use
  • gameside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Begging is bad.

Requesting a tutorial to make a model is pretty much the same as requesting the model itself. you'll have a VERY hard time requesting a tutorial though as they take a while to produce and get online.

A quick estimate, how much would you know about modeling and texturing or making a game in general? And what software do you use
    MadnessImport thanks for repllying
    i am using wings 3d since 7 month i can create cars, animals,and other things
    but i never can make a human model i tried to mach to make one but not not not and not
    i couldn't make a low poly human 3d model
    i just want a very low poly human 3d model with cloth video tutorial the above picture is just a example of low poly model.
    but if you think that i am begging so don't make any tutorial for me OK :(
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you weren't begging then pardon me thats just not really the best way to ask for help :)

I understand your situation i use Maya and i can model just about anything except characters of any kind. I even know my anatomy and such its just not something that i can do. Its simple i know.

You cant eally get specific tutorials on how to make a character your going to have to learn to make exactly what you need for yourself. theres thousands of tutorials out there you just have to find the right ones

Ive never looked deep into modeling tutorials for Wings3D so i wouldn't know which are the best but google can help you find some low poly character modeling tutorials

http://vimeo.com/1048354?pg=embed&sec=1048354 heres a "Low Poly" character modeling tutorial made by Jonathan Williamson that was pretty good but in Blender. you can translate what you see done in Blender to wings3D

Its all extruding, deleting Pushing, pulling and connecting vertz not software specific :)
  • gameside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you weren't begging then pardon me thats just not really the best way to ask for help :)

I understand your situation i use Maya and i can model just about anything except characters of any kind. I even know my anatomy and such its just not something that i can do. Its simple i know.

You cant eally get specific tutorials on how to make a character your going to have to learn to make exactly what you need for yourself. theres thousands of tutorials out there you just have to find the right ones

Ive never looked deep into modeling tutorials for Wings3D so i wouldn't know which are the best but google can help you find some low poly character modeling tutorials

http://vimeo.com/1048354?pg=embed&sec=1048354 heres a "Low Poly" character modeling tutorial made by Jonathan Williamson that was pretty good but in Blender. you can translate what you see done in Blender to wings3D

Its all extruding, deleting Pushing, pulling and connecting vertz not software specific :)

thanks again
    but i need a character with (267 tris) or (500-600) triangle or less than that can you make one
    i think its easy for you:)
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11

:thumbup:
  • tehrobster2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah I agree with madness import as well, and dude you have the wire frames for the kind of models that you want to make. Its just a fact of learning the basics and studying on where and how they cut and used their polys. But when I was college this tutorial right here was great start for modeling characters http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp good luck!
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    gameside wrote: »
    thanks again
    but i need a character with (267 tris) or (500-600) triangle or less than that can you make one
    i think its easy for you:)

So he should take his invested time and energy to make an character for you? Or well, a tutorial of a character so that you can make an exact copy out of it? And that's because "you need it" and "it's easy for him". Well he, or anyone that have the knowledge to make one, should with other word put there time into you game. Yeah, anyone would happily do that.

Do what everybody else here have been doing. Put some god damn time into your modeling skills and get on with it.
  • Hexidine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    So he should take his invested time and energy to make an character for you? Or well, a tutorial of a character so that you can make an exact copy out of it? And that's because "you need it" and "it's easy for him". Well he, or anyone that have the knowledge to make one, should with other word put there time into you game. Yeah, anyone would happily do that.

Do what everybody else here have bean doing. Put some god damn time into your modeling skills and get on with it.

amen brother!
  • gameside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    will i just need tutorial of very low poly model because i don't know where to start modeling sorry i thought that you guys can help me
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    We have helped you, now you just got to do your homework as everyone else.
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    gameside wrote: »
    will i just need tutorial of very low poly model because i don't know where to start modeling sorry i thought that you guys can help me

As you choose to ignore what have been said to help you, i went ahead and did something for you. I GOOGLED :poly142: This is pretty much what i came up with. It's just a face tutorial, but that may give you an idea fo what is needed to do.
    http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=89763

But yeah.. There dosen't seam to be that many actuall tutorial on this subject. So what you can and should do (what i would do) is to look at the extremly well done characters in the WAYWO lowpoly thread. It's a gold mine.

And a generall forum tip. Don't come in freash, like a douch and start demanding tutorials. This forum is extremly helpfull, open and resourefull. Just act nice and you'll be treaded nice. That's that.
  • gameside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    As you choose to ignore what have been said to help you, i went ahead and did something for you. I GOOGLED :poly142: This is pretty much what i came up with. It's just a face tutorial, but that may give you an idea fo what is needed to do.
    http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=89763

But yeah.. There dosen't seam to be that many actuall tutorial on this subject. So what you can and should do (what i would do) is to look at the extremly well done characters in the WAYWO lowpoly thread. It's a gold mine.

And a generall forum tip. Don't come in freash, like a douch and start demanding tutorials. This forum is extremly helpfull, open and resourefull. Just act nice and you'll be treaded nice. That's that.

well first thank you very mach that is what i want for a head modeling tutorial
    but the second thing is that i want with the body in fact my problem is in modeling of human body
    if there be any other tutorial for a body of human i will appreciate it :)
    thanks. :poly121:
    you are great man sltrOlsson!!! :poly145:
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    easyest = topology stealing as practise

DISCLAIMER!
    (but dont post/sell/use things you do with this technique except for practice, because you could make people pissed and probalby face legal actions otherwise, one does not know how te orginal author acts, and if posting alsways show your sources, and make clear you recreate something pro practice)

first you google for lowpoly topology
    and probalby find images like this
    http://imageshack.us/f/84/lowpolyspidermanof7.png/

then you open your modeling tool, load the image as texture on a plane, ad recreate the front as a flat model (with topology matching)

after youre done make the same with the back and move them vertexes until the shape gets volume, then collapse the faces on the edge and you can view the model in 3d

you should do about 10 lowpoly models this way and then you should figure out how things work

after you feel comfortable with this technique try paint a topology shot with linetool in a 2d program and remodel it this way

(this is the point where you are able to do your own models in a very simple way)

until you learn how to skip the 2d drawing step you can paint topologies on objects from images and remodel them

thats how i learned proper lowpoly modeling