Kurt Hectic

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DietCoke polycounter lvl 7
UPDATE - Current status:

Vsvky.jpg
CudZs.jpg
lg4H8.jpg

Hey guys, I am sorely lacking in hard surface skills, so I am making a dude who is all shine and sheen, Kurt Hectic, possibly the K in MDK.

I am feeling very 'bleh' about this so far. Any and all critiques or suggestions would be really helpful. Proportions, anatomy, shitty design in general, anything.

Also, for anyone who never played either MDK game, his machine gun turns INTO a crazy sniper helmet. My friend absolutely hates this character, but I am fond of him for some reason. Here is my version so far:

NZBa4.jpg
lmvV2.jpg
yzYfP.jpg
LJhwe.jpg
QymiJ.jpg
KtvWV.jpg
99a0P.jpg
r0taq.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Kurt's coil suit is a pretty nifty design.

At this point your proportions are fairly anatomically correct but also not very interesting. In the game Kurt is quite thin and muscular, so you could afford to exaggerate the forms quite a bit.
    The helmet could be a little longer and thinner and you could perhaps consider designing a parachute dispenser to attach to his back.
    197878_42476_front.jpg
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    Good start. I recognized him right away, even though I was 7 when this game came out and I haven't though about it in years.

It would look better if you defined the eyes, nostrils and around the corners of his mouth. The chin sticks out in an awkward way.

Where would his ears be? It seems like the armor would uncomfortably overlap with the ears.

The armor could use a lot more armor detail and surface definition.
  • DietCoke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! I can't believe I didn't notice there was no room for ears to exist under the helmet. Is this better?

UA1ND.jpg
    7CTmC.jpg

I also tweaked the chin and lower lip a little:
    GiJ0g.jpg

And adjusted the gun pieces, removing the face covering part, because it was looking stupid, and I think he looks better without it.

i0q2k.jpg

Now I will mess with the suit some more!
  • DietCoke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • DietCoke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When it's not being a sniper helmet, it folds up into a gun. And here is what that gun looks like at the moment:
    hwJvp.jpg
  • DietCoke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doing some suit twerking. Polish polish polish polish. I see this project has generated almost zero interest, but if anyone's got any thoughts, I'd love to hear 'em! Even if the thought is "Dude, quit working on this project. It is lame."

Vsvky.jpg
    CudZs.jpg
    lg4H8.jpg