Home Technical Talk

Good shader for preview lowpoly game scene in Maya ?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys,

I am building a lowpoly scene for an iphone game and are having some problems to make it look right in the Maya viewport. I have painted the models with vertex colors and this make things a little troublesome becouse the only way i can see the vertex colors in Maya is by using high quality shading mode wich doesnt look at all like it will in the game. This game will be built using Unity. What i want to achive in Maya is a lightning condition that looks like a ingame llightning say World of wacraft + vertex lightning. The problem is that if i use no lights the basic shading dissapears, if i use standard light Maya wont show the vertex lightning ( i am using modulate x2 as layer blending option, And if i use advance lightning the shading looks strange. I have never installed a shader in my life and need help with tips here. Also i wonder if there is a setting in the material options that can make the texture emit its own colors (just being brighter but dont get washed out) in Blender i think its called emit.

Thanks alot.

Replies