Closed Thread
Closed Thread

Old (#1)
Hey to all,

Came across this gallery here: http://j-century.deviantart.com/

I'm not sure what is going on with the Soul Calibur characters as well Enzio and Resident Evil characters, but there it goes, if anyone wanted a heads up as to their work being ripped off...or something.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I thought Enzio was modeled by some talented bloke at Ubi in Montreal, and not by someone in Malaysia.
There's a very good chance that I experienced MORE problems, then all the internet put together in the area of 3D. Talk about being original for once...
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,793 Posts, Join Date Apr 2011, Location Canada  

Old (#2)
yes it does, 100% sure
Offline , polycounter, 1,286 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Montreal  

Old (#3)
~ It happens. Just a big cry for attention by people hoping to get interweb love. Don't look into it too much.
Offline , polycounter, 856 Posts, Join Date Jan 2009, Location London Send a message via Skype™ to Del  

Old (#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
~ It happens. Just a big cry for attention by people hoping to get interweb love. Don't look into it too much.
Totally, its not like these folks will get in anyones way for a job. This seems to be the Videogames worlds version of Poser 'Art'.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,970 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Ireland  

Old (#5)
Interesting, the person does claim to ripping models and changing them for rendering.. on some of them. On others there's no info but for some he claims he makes them, sometimes makes them in a day, sometimes 2 if it's a complicated model. Only uses 3dsmax and photoshop, says he has no knowledge of ZBrush. Says some of them are made as a team though..? On one model it says: Polys : 179,167 Verts : 99,469 256x256 Diffuse, Normal and Alpha Map.

Also has some strange responses to comments like:

"how many polygons/tris?"
"I think It's quite much, I didn't notice the polygons."

"Please make a tutorial . You did it really fast ! Please !...."
"LoL I haven't reached that level yet, dude."

"a quick question, is it rigged? "
"What mean rigged?"

"what modeling technique do you use?"
"Modeling Technique ? What did you mean?"

Interesting stuff to look at indeed. Mind = blown. The thing is that for some of them I could tell that they weren't ripped from a game, but then where else does he get them from?

Last edited by TortillaChips; 09-08-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Character Artist
Portfolio

Offline , polygon, 587 Posts, Join Date Jan 2009, Location York  

Old (#6)
Totally from MVC3. This too. And yes, he is even crediting Rexil as the original artist as that's the art thief we were discussing not too long ago.

It's Rip Ahf Baby!
fine. If you don't want me to do art, then I won't.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,378 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007,  

Old (#7)
http://j-century.deviantart.com/art/...25278179&qo=29

Polys : 179,167
Verts : 99,469

256x256 Diffuse, Normal and Alpha Map.

...What?
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,482 Posts, Join Date Jul 2010,  

Old (#8)
Probably turbosmoothed it a few dozen times.

edit: oh wow 256x256, impressive

Last edited by Bibendum; 09-08-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Offline , polygon, 735 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010,  

Old (#9)
DAAMMNNNN he's really good!
Jason Lavoie
Ubisoft Toronto - Modeller
Linkedin | The Game Dev Cast | Enviro Wiki
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,512 Posts, Join Date Jan 2005, Location Toronto, Ontario  

Old (#10)
and he just started 3d since april 2011 ! osom!

Last edited by xvampire; 09-08-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Offline , polycounter, 1,286 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Montreal  

Old (#11)
i just had a quick glance at things so sorry if this is OT, but has anyone else noticed that the majority of art thievery happens to be character art? whats that all about?

(ya i know the majority of people want to get into character art, but c'mon, why doesnt anyone rip of enviro artists?!)
Portfolio -- www.mikefortais.net --
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,341 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Toronto, Ontario  

Old (#12)
You guys are just jealous~
Offline , triangle, 482 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location 127.0.0.1 Send a message via Skype™ to DEElekgolo  

Old (#13)
I made Enzio. That's my site. I'm that good.
www.edgesize.com pedro amorim portfolio
edgesize.tumblr.com digital playground
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,834 Posts, Join Date Mar 2005, Location Nottingham, UK Send a message via ICQ to Pedro Amorim Send a message via AIM to Pedro Amorim Send a message via MSN to Pedro Amorim Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Amorim  

Old (#14)
I wish my art was good enough to be stolen...
Offline , triangle, 482 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location 127.0.0.1 Send a message via Skype™ to DEElekgolo  

Old (#15)
OH NO HES TAKING A BREAK FROM 3D!

Notice that the XNALara community crossovers with this dude....
fine. If you don't want me to do art, then I won't.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,378 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007,  

Old (#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei View Post
OH NO HES TAKING A BREAK FROM 3D!

Notice that the XNALara community crossovers with this dude....
Ripping art takes time.
Offline , line, 68 Posts, Join Date Jan 2010,  

Old (#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
i just had a quick glance at things so sorry if this is OT, but has anyone else noticed that the majority of art thievery happens to be character art? whats that all about?

(ya i know the majority of people want to get into character art, but c'mon, why doesnt anyone rip of enviro artists?!)
We give enviro props out for free and we still cant get them stolen!
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,989 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Seattle, WA Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via MSN to oXYnary  

Old (#18)
oh DA ~ ~
Offline , triangle, 384 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009,  

Old (#19)
I know all my BloodRayne 2 art has been ripped.

I personally don't care. Technically the art doesn't belong to me and I have all the source files should I ever have to prove that I modeled it one day.

It's fun seeing what they do with them.
---
jesse sosa
Art Director
Samsung Games
owner - creative director
Dinosaur Games
www.mechknightgame.com
www.skankerzero.com
Offline , Moderator++, 2,494 Posts, Join Date Jan 1970, Location Manaus, Brazil Send a message via ICQ to skankerzero Send a message via AIM to skankerzero Send a message via MSN to skankerzero Send a message via Yahoo to skankerzero Send a message via Skype™ to skankerzero  

Old (#20)
http://j-century.deviantart.com/art/...25278179&qo=59

The description of this entry made me chuckle. Not a bad attempt for a first-timer!
Offline , Banned, 5,298 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,  

Old (#21)
This kind of rippers are everywhere , there are also those that plays with our work, aka frankenstein style LOL and that's worse.

This is not an artist, just a fan of games ripping their content because he loves it. There are communities specialized in ripping the content of Unreal Engine games such as Tera, or Blade & Soul.

Deviant should not tolerate this kind of things, but if you look better, that site is full of stupids and arrogant kids with too much ego, so report is the best solution. They think the internet is so huge... and their actions will always be noticed lol

Wanna kill his moral? report him massively. He will be surely banned.

http://help.deviantart.com/contact/ <--- policy inquiry, just do it

Last edited by Blaizer; 09-09-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Alberto Lozano - Freelance Artist
www.WhiteBlaizer.com

Visit my Sketchbook in Polycount
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,860 Posts, Join Date Jun 2005, Location Spain Send a message via Skype™ to Blaizer  

Old (#22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum View Post
edit: oh wow 256x256, impressive
Oh wow we gotta get him in to do a texture workshop with us!! Maybe he has the time now cause he's taking a break from 3d...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbass
And damned because of some mistake on UVW map, it make my model looks like piece of shit
Haha!
Offline , Banned, 5,298 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,  

Old (#23)
Haha he is just importing models into maya or whatever software he does not even know what a Polygon is.. he said it is his hobby but wouldn't you want to learn everything about your hobby ?

_
Offline , polycounter, 1,051 Posts, Join Date Jan 2010, Location Gresham, Oregon Send a message via AIM to makecg Send a message via Yahoo to makecg Send a message via Skype™ to makecg  

Old (#24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEElekgolo View Post
I wish my art was good enough to be stolen...
it doesnt really matter. From what I can see is that anyone's art gets stolen or could get stolen and be changed for some other project if think about it.

for example:

Thief = Assassin's Creed

Last edited by Nitewalkr; 09-09-2011 at 11:55 PM..
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,150 Posts, Join Date Dec 2009, Location Sauga, ON Send a message via MSN to Nitewalkr  

Old (#25)
its funny he has 102 models in his devian art page, he is 24 according to his facebook page. lets say he is incredibly talented, has all the time in the world and needed 4 weeks for each model, that would take him 8 1/2 years of modeling without a break xD so what he wants to say he started with 15 1/2 all those projects? when did he started learning? with 11? mega lol

this definitely made my day xD
Offline , line, 50 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location Vancouver B.C.  

Closed Thread