Home Technical Talk

Ford Probe LX '89 Blueprints?

Biomechd
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Biomechd polycounter lvl 9
A friend asked me to model his car, a Ford Probe LX made in 1989. I asked him to take some reference photos, but they're not as orthographic as I'd like. I decided to look up blueprints, but can't find anything on this particular year and model. Does anyone know of a site where I can find these blueprints? I'd much rather have true orthographic images instead of trying to model from his photos.

Perhaps another model of this car has almost identical exterior features? Could I get away with modeling a later version of the car and tacking on features of his specific car? I know it's just for a friend, but I'd still like to get into effective methods for later on when I get a job.

Also, I looked around the forums here for a bit and none of the vehicle reference sites I saw seemed to have the car I'm looking for. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but the cars I saw were either from around the time the first cars were built, or from modern times where we have all these shiny, curvy, fancy sports cars like the Bugatti Veyron or the SSC Ultimate Aero.

Replies