Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scifi environment [wip thread]

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
airage polycounter lvl 13
Hey polycount!

I already started a Scifi corridor thing about a year ago. But i'm not happy with the old work anymore, so i decided to start again from scratch. And finish it this time ffs! :poly122:
My goal is to have a finished mini level using as many modular pieces/textures as possible.
I started with a rough blockout in max and brought it into the engine as soon as possible. Then adjusted everything and made sure it snaps together correctly.
My priority is to get the big shapes/details to read first, then worry about detail later. I've done the detail overkill enough and learned from it (i hope).
It's most important for me that everything fits together nicely and the design reads well.

For the design i use many different concepts i've collected during research, most are from Dead Space and a lot of inspiration comes from Ben Procter's work on Avatar. I'm not totally sure yet, i think i'm going for a more dark and grimy atmosphere. But I'll worry about lighting etc. later on.

The ventilation thingies and floor trim is uv'ed and baked already, next thing i'm doing is to break up the flat walls. 2x512 textures + detail normal so far.
I want to make sure that the pieces/bakes tile good first, then start texturing later.
Ok enough of text already, here's some pics :)

plan.jpg09.jpg10.jpg07.jpg06.jpg08.jpgwires_01.jpgwires_02.jpg

Replies