Home Technical Talk

3ds Max problem with repeat last command

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
Yo all polycountians!

I have a problem with max that annoys me a lot. The "repeat last command"-command isn't working right. When I press the assigned key it deletes instead of doing the last command I used (for example bridge between two edges...)

So my first guess was that some delete command is assigned to the same key (;). So I changed the repeat-shortcut, but it doesnt help, it still deletes.

It's like Max always assume that the last command I used was delete. It's really weird, and really annoying since repeat last is really useful.

Please help!

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wish it was more robust and worked with more commands...

It doesn't repeat every command and it looks like bridge is either broken or not one of the supported commands because for me it works with commands like bevel and extrude but with bridge it removes the last face I just bridged. Since its doing something it's probably supported (other wise it would do nothing?) but broken.

In the mean time, you might want to check out "step Build" in the ribbon its under freeform. It does a good job of bridging gaps and sealing up holes.
    StepBuild.jpg
    StepBuild
    : (was in previous versions but should be highlighted again) It can be found in the freeform tabwith any sub-object mode selected for an editable poly object or edit poly modifier.
    Clicking on the grid or the surface of an object places verts.
    Shift click, creates polys between verts. It tries its best to create quads. It is good at filling in holes, most of the time it gets the UVs right too, which is great when it works. When it doesn’t you’re no worse off than you would be using the slower methods (bridge, extrude, create).
    Ctl click removes faces and leaves the verts, which is good if you’re going to rebuild the faces using Shift click.
    Alt click, removes verts/edges and leaves the polys, which is good for optimizing areas.
    It has a few other features you can play around with, crack 2011 open, hit the help file and read up on those features if you’re interested.
    It's probably a good idea to file a bug report with autodesk.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the help, but yeah I found out that it worked for other stuff and then I wasn't so annoyd. But I'm not sure it is broken. I think it deletes beacuse delete was the lasat command. For example; if I go into sub poly editing with another poly, and the first thing I try to do is repeat last command it does nothing. I think as soon you delete something it get stored as the last command and if you only use bridge after that it's going to change that. I'm not sure though.

Thanks for the Stepbuild tip! going to check it out for sure!