Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Swamp Thing Process

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
Heres a picture ive been tinkering on for a while, initially done for an activity over on CGHub and then spruced up to do it a bit more justice.

Main reason for posting it up is to share a lot of what i found to be great advice and really helpful. A lot of it was from the dudes over at apedogs in my original thread;

http://apedogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1305

I also had some nice suggestions in my sketchbook too.

Even though it's not really a 2d central place it just seemed like something that would be nice to have around.

<3

big images are big.

0720SwampThing.jpg

D2QX1.jpg

Replies

• Rhoutermans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great, love the colors!

Want to give it attack and defense points, 'cause it looks like something from magic the gathering :)
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Wow, this piece has come a really long way.
    I think it's really awesome how you stuck with it through all the many revisions and took a lot of great critique to heart. It all shows, and you came out with a very impressive concept illustration!

Congrats, you really did that piece justice!!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Heh thanks a lot! I'm in such an RPG mood at the moment, cant wait to get my hands on torchlight 2, bastion and diablo3.

Cheers mezz, with all the great advice I got i felt like id be doing them and the picture a disservice to not at least have a bash at implementing what was suggested.

I think the design is now stronger but still looks a bit too much like a green mass - tried to break it up a bit with flowers and whatnot.

Will probably upload a small version of the if people were interested, nothing groundbacking aside an organised layer setup and locking transparency~
  • Roepetoepa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roepetoepa polycounter lvl 12
    looks really good man, like he colors
    The second pose you're on there with that silhouette is much better :)
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Love it mate, thanks for this little guide as well, looks ace!