Sorry for the delay. Got caught up with some stuff, anywho here it is. I've included a GUI version of the script and also broken down the script into individual scripts to throw into marking menus and add to hotkeys.
1. Download the .mel file.
2. Place it in your My Documents/maya/scripts folder.
3. Re-start Maya (or type rehash in command line) and
- type AB_QuickIsolate in the MEL command line to launch GUI with Hide, Inverse and Show All scripts
- type AB_HideFaces in the MEL command line to hide faces. (Useful for shortcuts and marking menus)
- type AB_Inverse in the MEL command line to inverse visible selection. (Useful for shortcuts and marking menus)
- type AB_ShowAll in the MEL command line to view all. (Useful for shortcuts and marking menus)
4. Make shelf button or add to marking menu's for profit.
Enjoy and if you have any suggestions/bugs, just contact me.