Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Citadel Indigo

Greetings, I'm currently a freelance game artist working at a small mobile games studio, and in my spare time I'm filling out my portfolio. I'll be posting all manner of brain samplings over the years so I'd like a nice nest on polycount to incubate them within - and with your wisdom develop them further.

Critiques, comments, thoughts, reactions, suggestions and stories, sought and treasured.

fingers_model_revisit_small.png

This is a revisit/redesign of an old character from a game demo, Quick As Thieves I had the honour of working on back in 2009. I'd like to take this into a sculpting package - zbrush and/or mudbox to sculpt in some details for a normal map but its a process I'm as yet unfamiliar with.

And some doodles

frogboy_portrait.JPG

ladyinair.PNG

Thanks for looking and taking the time for dropping by!

Replies

• Moonshank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moonshank polycounter lvl 7
    Is the quick as thives model intended for zbrush becuase seems like its a good mid poly for sculpting on. A tip though youll want to seperate you base mesh up into parts so that you can sculpt each part as a single sub tool withing zbrush to get as much detail into each tool as possible just look into sub tool modeling work flow for zbrush.
  • Warheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Warheart polycounter lvl 17
    You could drop that model into zbrush while you're at the stage of playing about with the proportions. Make some quick tweaks and see what works. That way you'll get some zbrush practice time in while you're at it.

Push it more toward the look of the concept I'd say.

Like the style of your stuff. Show us more! :)
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rogue One polycounter lvl 7
    Hello.

Nice to see you on here. I always liked the style you gave FINGERS and looking forward to watch him progress. Would like to see the symmetry been broken up some what and the proportions to have more contrast.

Keep up the good work!
  • citadelindigo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys - good intentions died hard and fast. Pheonix time! Reviving this thread - update - I'm pure freelancing at the moment. Time to kick my own ass and have it kicked violently from external sources too.

Can I show I'm sorry with a picture of an inflatable penguin?

inflatapenguin_polycount.png

I can try...

Thank you for the tricks and tips with zbrush guys, it helped me figure some stuff out. I'll post up an update of the fingers model post haste.
  • citadelindigo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_lrrmq8nd671qkkd5no1_500.png

study from film