Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Birdie's Stage, Fiveways

I'm reimagining Birdie's stage from Street Fighter Alpha 2, which just so happens to be a public bathroom. Here's the pan of the stage from the game:

birdie.png

I started blocking it out in unreal to get a sense of scale and did a quick paintover to start fleshing out some ideas I had:

blockout.jpg

There are a couple things that I'd like to carry over such as the exposed pipes, per-stall lighting, neon sign, etc but I want the overall mood to be a lot different. Thinking of a cross between what you'd see at a shady underground bar or gambling spot and a condemned music venue.

Some of the details I'm planning on adding are stalls that you're scared to step into, sinks that you're scared to wash your hands in, graffiti, strange liquids, toilet paper stuck to the ceiling/draped in some areas and stickers from shitty bands everywhere. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, I'm pretty new to UDK and haven't really done much game art before but I've been a max user for a while.

Replies

• Chandler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope you're keeping the rabbit trash bin :P

This is a good stage to pick... If it were me, I'd lower the ceiling since that would bring it closer to the original and make it feel more like a bathroom. Good start!
  • fiveways
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good call, looks like an arena or something, lol. I got some simple modeling done and put into UDK tonight for the stalls. Toying around some ideas for the sinks/mirrors as well as some hanging light fixtures. Hoping to get a lot more done this week, off to a late start and trying to learn UDK in the process.
  • itsmadman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol u have to have dodo stains all over the walls..lol dont mind me im in a silly mood
  • fiveways
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been busy this past week, I should have some more updates to post soon. Having fun modeling again but getting the high poly and low poly models to be friends is killing me. All the modeling should be done by the end of this week though.

Here's a mop bucket I just finished today:

mopbucket.jpg
  • horoxhoro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ummm...according to birdie stage i think the toilet is in some pubs/club places.
    so the toilet is have fancy styles..and the toilet is not too big..

your toilet is like a fitness center hehe..too huge..

my 2cent

cheers...nice work btw..looking forward for it :D