Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Street Fighter : E.Honda's Bath House : Element_Vinci

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Element_Vinci polycounter lvl 5
Hey Ya'll

Going to be working on a version of E. Honda's Bath House from Street Fighter 2 - Here are a few sketches I made and the original stage - I will be showcasing the level as if it were abandoned for a long, long time. (Ref. Pictures will be up soon)

MainConceptBrawl.jpg

Latest Update :
UDKRender_4.jpg

Replies

• DockRock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DockRock polycounter lvl 8
    Awesome!!! One of my favorite stages in Street Fighter. Very cool idea.
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice twist to a fantastic stage. Gambare!
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have been working all week on the stage, will be posting up some of the base textures soon - Here is the proxy of the level and some of the ref that I have found for the level.

CompiledRef.jpg

Proxy_Tile.jpg
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asset creation is going well, Have to project some normal maps etc. today and I am hoping by the end of the week to have most of my assets with a base gray primer in UDK

Here is a quick screen of the scene in Max, and some of the high res sculpts of the tiling tile textures :

MaxSceneApril42011.jpg

TileA_Zbrush.jpg

CeilingA_Zbrush.jpg

BathTileB_Zbrush.jpg

BathTileA_Zbrush.jpg

WallA_Zbrush.jpg
  • jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jarrede polycounter lvl 7
    nice blockout and tile details!
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished up the sculpt for the counter going across the back of the bath house, Just a quick wip screen :

CounterA_Zbrush.jpg

@Jarrede - Thanks!

All Critique is welcome ~
  • Perfectblue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome concept, can't wait to see it fleshed out.
  • stfu_donny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    digging the zbrush work!
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whew, computer died by the hands of an HP technician that decided to remove and re-insert a fan into the motherboard when the computer was running (Yeah, really. :poly118:) Lost a couple days, no big deal - been working to get back on schedule

Here is an update from UDK, I have most of the assets projected, low res, and prepared for an overall texture pass (Excuse the base grey primer hehe)

UDKRender_1.jpg
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick Update before lunch,

Fixing up some of the proxy meshes, testing out lighting setups, foliage variations, etc.

UDKRender_2.jpg

• ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    I think you need a stronger lighting setup, something using more contrast. Maybe you can also keep this one and play with the HDR Tonemapper to achieve that.

The door on the left seems like a dwarf door to me btw.
  • TheJGits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheJGits polycounter lvl 9
    Good work so far, but if you want it to be abandoned for a "long long time," you probably need to push the dilapidation further. A google image search for "pipryat" should give you more than enough really good reference images. The floor for example is in decent shape, save a couple of missing tiles. Maybe you can make it more dynamic by creating a crater where the earth has sunk in a bit, or even the opposite, where the earth had bulged up and created a mound of uneven floor tiles.
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ ParoXum - Thanks for the crit :) I have updated the lighting a bit and plan to continue tweaking the contrast - Also I agree with you about the door, I rescaled some of the props hoping to fix this ~ (Your environment looks great btw and I loved your Beat-em-up entry :) )

@TheJGits - Thanks for the crit man! Yeah I am hoping to push the dilapidation further this week once I start getting color in
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working to finish, here is an update, made a couple changes and started blocking out color - I still think a few of the elements of the scene are a bit too saturated, and I plan to de-sat. the Lantern a bit and the foliage as well. Material differentiation is what I am planning to hit next, getting some detail into those textures and phasing out Crazybump placeholder layers etc.

All Crit is welcome

Thanks Ya'll :poly142:

UDKScreen_2.jpg
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    great work , i love it ... i think you should to make some action to it , not to be still ( i'm bad at english ) , like the water moving and plants moves :D i hope you get the idea ... can you explain how did you make that bloom on your object ? i try to make one but i failed ..

keep it up
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick Update, working to finish up before Friday :poly121:

All crits appreciated like always :poly142:

UDKRender_4.jpg

@ ayoub44 - Thanks! The bloom on my objects are just the product of working with the Bloom information within the "World Properties" located in the B]View[/B Tab located at the top menus - Here is a screenshot showing where they are located :) (Generally I just play around with the numbers to make something that looks nice, I still need to experiment with the bloom in my scene as well :)) Hope this helps, if you need anything else let me know! (Oh and I agree! I want to get some running water and such into the scene before I finish!)

BloomHelp.jpg
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    hey man this is really nice- imo you need about 110% more damage in the materials.- im sure your not at this stage yet but its lacking some atmosphere as far as displaying the humidity- good luck!
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    look amazing , i love it .. how about adding some lightshaft will work great with those plants and thanks for bloom information it's really help me , thanks you again

i wish you a good luck :D
  • cmcisaac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is awesome , id really think it would look better with more in the background tho
  • Element_Vinci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh this was a-lot of fun, I will still start back to it tomorrow to finish a whole handful of things I didn't get to - I didn't give my specular pass much love and it is killing me, either way it's been fun thanks for the crits everyone! I'll post again when I have this thing nice and polished and ready steady for the portfolio :poly142:

BeautyShot1.jpg

BeautyShot2.jpg

ConstructShot.jpg

Textures.jpg