Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Mortal Kombat, Living Forest, Virtuosic, adam

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Ryan Smith polycounter lvl 11
Adam and I are stepping into the the arena to conquer and dominate all mortal challengers! Scream for the mercy of a quick death as you melt in the fires of the cataclysm of the Living Forest!

For centuries, the souls of the foolish who venture into the Living Forest have been devoured by the trees. Tsang Tsung made the unwise decision to send an army through the forest - never to be seen again. There are those that say the trees and the souls they take become one. In a sense, the living trees ARE the souls who get eaten.

Now we watch as the hellfire breaks open the ground to claim those souls which have been stored, bringing them into the Nether-realm where they will be tortured for eternity.

Behold, THE DYING FOREST

Here is some reference we have been using.

MortalKombatII-LivingForest.png

The_Living_Trees_of_the_Living_Forest.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b77dHF7PTQ[/ame]

We are aiming for an interesting contrasting color palette, with awesome effects and atmosphere. Below is Concept Art that we are using. It is currently a WIP, chances are it will be updated regularly. I am linking the concept art to my public drop box folder so whenever i save the file it will update in real time. Chances are if you look at it now, it will be different when you look at it again tomorrow.

forest.jpg

ASSET LIST

--3D--
  1. Howling tree 1
  2. Howling tree 2
  3. Howling tree 3
  4. Rock 1
  5. Rock 2
  6. Grass planes
  7. Shrubbery, bushes, etc.
  8. Terrain Island 1
  9. Terrain Island 2