Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Darkstalkers, Baby Bonnie Hood, corinne

I want to do BB Hood from Darkstalkers but older and with years of experience being a mercenary for hire under her belt.
Col-buletta.gif

Latest Update:
unwrapTurnaround.jpg

basketUnwrap.jpg

smgLP.jpg

tpose.jpg

Replies

• corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bbhood.jpg
    Start of concept so far, will post reference images later. Haven't yet checked the other BB Hood threads so I hope its not too similar ^ ^; .

Still not sure if its enough of a redesign, but I'll keep working on it.
  • LateWhiteRabbit
    So . . . Big Bonnie Hood? I see she's been taking her vitamins . . . .
  • onelunglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelunglewis polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good, I would encourage to play with her form a bit, unless anime is your intended direction.
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    newconcept.jpg
    I worked on the concept a bit more, trying to make the silhouette more interesting and define the values a bit more. I'll probably end up changing things up as I go, but I think I at least have enough to start sculpting.

Here's some features from the game and original character I want to incorporate:
    conceptWithNotes.jpg
    Don't worry, I wont be using the actual pixel art in the final model. I plan on redesigning the tattoo and charm later in the process.

onelunglewis - Thanks for the advise, I didn't mean to give my concept an anime feel. I tried playing with the forms a bit, just not sure how successful I was lol.

LateWhiteRabbit - Yep, you need your vitamins when demon hunting :D
  • akacg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg polycounter lvl 12
    Very cool concept man
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg - thanks man :)

Forgot to post this earlier, but this is what my ref/inspiration sheet is looking like at the moment:
    ref.jpg
    Trying to go for a combination of girly and mercenary.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I also thought of a possible pose for the final render: BB Hood smoking a cigar and counting up the money from her recent kill. I got the idea from one of her victory animations:
    poseIdea.jpg
    I always thought this was a funny image :P .
  • eof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eof polycounter lvl 15
    Great idea! Looking forward for updates.
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meant to update much earlier, but I have been running into technical issues which just seem to be getting worse and worse.

So this is the furthest I got:
    lastZbrushCrash.jpg

However thanks to ZBrush crashes and having to resculpt parts over and over again, this is what I currently have in a saved model:
    blockinWIP.jpg

I have no idea why, but ZBrush is suddenly super unstable for me. Its gotten to the point where it crashes pretty much every few minutes. Its also not just one thing making it crash. Switching subtools, using the move tool, hiding parts of the model, spinning and zooming out of the model have all caused it to crash with an access violation. The only consistent crash I can get is if I go to the lowest division on the body and try to hide everything but the feet. Hiding parts of the other subtools or parts of the body at a different subdivision level seems to be totally fine. The scary thing is that this particular issue seems to be in all my files, even the ones I was working on when everything was fine :/ .

Also at one point I had the model explode when switching subtools, which I've never seen before. Unfortunately I don't have a screencap of the exploded model, but this happened when I tried to rotate the model and the program froze:
    zbrushexplosion.jpg

Luckily that weirdness only happened once. However opening the files on a different computer still leads to random crashes. This makes me worry that somethings been corrupted in my files... If so do I start over from scratch? Or can the file be recovered? I know not too much work has been done yet, but its kind of sucks considering how close I am to be being done with the block in stage and how many times I've had to resculpt already.

In any case I'm currently running all the anti-viruses and what not. Any help on the model or the ZBrush problem would be appreciated.

I'm just super frustrated at the moment because I just want to sculpt lol :P .
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bbhoodwip.jpg

Expression.jpg

Was able to get ZBrush working and be somewhat productive again :) . I'm in the process of separating the model into separate subtools and am experimenting with expressions for the character.

As always, comments and critiques are appreciated!
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bbwip02.jpg

basket.jpg

rocketLauncher.jpg

skull.jpg

Minimal updates to the character, mostly just fixed the face and worked on her props.

Unfortunately I got busy with stuff so I wasn't able to work as much as I wanted to, but I'll try my best to get something done in time for the deadline.
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been so busy trying to miss the deadline I've been forgetting to update lol.

tpose.jpg
    knife.jpg
    basket01.jpg
    smg.jpg
    LPwip.jpg
    Shortened her arms, enlarged the hood, added the knife, placed the skull, added clasps and hinges to the basket, and modeled out a SMG. I also started on the low poly, but its still pretty rough.

Also could use any feedback on the boots and color schemes:
    boots.jpg

roughcolor.jpg

I think I'm leaning towards A for the color scheme and am not sure which style of boots I like better.

As always comments and crits are appreciated :) .
  • cmcisaac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice work those boots look pretty good, for the colors id pick F, keep rocking!
  • corinne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unwrapTurnaround.jpg

basketUnwrap.jpg

smgLP.jpg

Still battling bad luck (my desktop got hit by some crazy virus that runs even in safe mode :P ), but I trudge on! Total polycount for the low poly is 7723, but I'm still working on the low poly for the straps, rocket launcher and land mine. Most of the low poly is unwrapped but still has to be arranged into texture sheets.

So much to do and so little time... eep ^ ^;;