Author : Ainsley

Old (#1)
Hi polycount!

Latest update:

Last edited by Bogdanbl4; 05-09-2011 at 04:46 AM..
Offline , line, 71 Posts, Join Date May 2009,  

Old (#2)
Hi! Can't wait to see this finished
Offline , spline, 197 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Irvine, Cali Send a message via MSN to YBourykina Send a message via Skype™ to YBourykina  

Old (#3)
oh shitz!! Man I ALMOST chose cammy too! Looking forward to this!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,455 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia Send a message via MSN to Hazardous Send a message via Skype™ to Hazardous  

Old (#4)
wawawiwa! love it.
Offline , triangle, 267 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Dallas, TX  

Old (#5)
Awesome, Bogdan is in the contest! It's gonna be crazy, can't wait!
Offline , triangle, 289 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#6)
looks nice, but I think you could push it more. Gloves are the same, you could change the boots as well. Adding some techy bits wouldn't hurt. There's plenty of time, go for it, GL!
Offline , triangle, 289 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Irvine, CA Send a message via Skype™ to slipgatecentral  

Old (#7)
I'm with slipgate on this one.
Outside of his comments, this is fairly reminiscent of your DW5 mini comp entry (which kicked ass!) in terms of design/theme. Push it further!
Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,645 Posts, Join Date Jan 2009, Location North Carolina, USA Send a message via Yahoo to Firebert Send a message via Skype™ to Firebert  

Old (#8)
You're gonna slay em, Bogdan, gonna be keeping an eye on this thread for suuuuure.
Offline , line, 94 Posts, Join Date Sep 2010, Location Dallas Tx  

Old (#9)
Sweet. So glad you joined us again.

Agreeing with others. You need to push the design more, I don't think a change of clothes is enough. I was going to do Confederate Cammy (or Union) in US Civil war uniform with the typical civil war cap. You can have that idea if you like ;P

Looking forward to whatever you do though.

Last edited by Stinger88; 03-17-2011 at 02:55 AM..
UbiSoft Reflections
Personal Art: < Blog >< DeviantArt >< CGHub >< DrawCrowd >
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,656 Posts, Join Date Dec 2007, Location Newcastle UK  

Old (#10)
Yay, love your stuff. Subbed.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,614 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Reykjavik, Iceland Send a message via ICQ to poopinmymouth Send a message via AIM to poopinmymouth Send a message via MSN to poopinmymouth Send a message via Yahoo to poopinmymouth Send a message via Skype™ to poopinmymouth  

Old (#11)
That's gonna kick ass if you nail Artgerm's style in there... ^^
Offline , spline, 115 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010,  

Old (#12)
Wow awesome,looking forward to see the progress
Offline , spline, 189 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011, Location Belgrade Send a message via Skype™ to g2000  

Old (#13)
Nice to see you participating!!!

Sweet start, but I agree with Slipgate. Push some design elements some more!
Jacque Choi
Senior Character Artist
Eidos Montreal - Deus Ex
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,523 Posts, Join Date Aug 2006, Location Montreal QC, Canada Send a message via MSN to JacqueChoi  

Old (#14)
Go! It will be a superchick) But i must agree with slipgate about details.
Offline , line, 99 Posts, Join Date Jan 2011, Location Russia, Moscow  

Old (#15)
Don't forgot about "Serp i molot" emblem on her cloth, or tatoo )

Last edited by Slozhny; 03-18-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Offline , null, 24 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011,  

Old (#16)
Good choice of the fighter! Will be interesting to watch this thread!
Good Luck!
Offline , vertex, 46 Posts, Join Date Mar 2009, Location Moscow  

Old (#17)
EE!!! Good idea man!
Offline , null, 15 Posts, Join Date Feb 2011, Location Moscow Send a message via Skype™ to itbeet  

Old (#18)
Cool character to choose. But i think that you can really enchance it, or even make a new desighn. Honestly, right now it looks like you just changed the clothing, but there is no re-imagination.
Wish you luck!
Offline , vertex, 46 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011, Location Russia Send a message via ICQ to CapAmer1ca Send a message via MSN to CapAmer1ca  

Old (#19)
I'm sure this is going to be a great model whatever you decide to do with it.

I actually think the competition would be better if it just involved designing an alternative outfit/color scheme for a fighting game character. I'm afraid a lot of entries are going to end up unrecognizable from the originals, but I guess that's where the fun is for a lot of people.
Offline , polygon, 619 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Redwood City, CA  

Old (#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haikai View Post
I actually think the competition would be better if it just involved designing an alternative outfit/color scheme for a fighting game character. I'm afraid a lot of entries are going to end up unrecognizable from the originals, but I guess that's where the fun is for a lot of people.
I think the point of this competion IS to find a way to reimagine the character WITHOUT losing the main feautres that make him/her who he/she is. The point of it is to analyze a characters design and find out what makes them who they are, and why those elements are important, and then work from there to invent their own designs keeping the main "elements" intact. I think this challenge is amazing on multiple levels BECAUSE of the amount of thinking and analysis each participant has to do.

For instance for Cammy it's her red gauntlets, her ass, and a miltiary-esque outfit. For Siegfried (who I'm doing) it's the scar, the zweihander and knight-like armor with the occasional scarf or flowy thing.

The fun in this competition is playing with the design of a character, and to see just how far you can push it and make it recognizable to the viewer. In my opinion seeing how far you can push a character into another setting, how you handle the requirements that character needs to make them who they are, and then the technical aspects are why this competition has all the bases covered.

-jumps down from soap box-

lol for reals though from what we've seen from Bogdan so far, I can't wait to see what zany things he comes up with. I mean he painted over a Cammy piece and I thought it was official art, this guy knows what he's doing.
Offline , line, 94 Posts, Join Date Sep 2010, Location Dallas Tx  

Old (#21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haikai View Post
I'm sure this is going to be a great model whatever you decide to do with it.

I agree. But at least he is not doing another steam punk version. Man, people today are kind of obssessive with steam punk. This will saturate this aesthetics in a blink of eyes.

Anyway, there's no way to go wrong whith Cammy, she's wonderful. and I'm sure this will be a great entry.
Offline , polycounter, 1,231 Posts, Join Date Dec 2006, Location Brazil  

Old (#22)
guys thanks , I agree with you, don't worry everything gonna be alright
blockout:

Offline , line, 71 Posts, Join Date May 2009,  

Old (#23)
damn, i'm srsly doubting my choice in doin cammy after seein this >_< (gonna get mah buns kicked ;_; )

looks awsome so far dude, really nice smooth forms ^^
proportions look dope and the face came out awsome
it's time to ingest sandwiches from my compartment

http://www.nizza3d.com/ <- folio wip...
Offline , polycounter, 810 Posts, Join Date Jul 2008, Location Montreal, Candadadada  

Old (#24)
damn, that was quick
Offline , triangle, 291 Posts, Join Date Dec 2005, Location Austin TX!  

Old (#25)
This is a real inspiration to me. I was wondering all week on what I wanted to do.
Rockin character, man! You guys are all so much faster at modeling all this than I am.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,768 Posts, Join Date Jan 2005, Location Utah, USA