Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Soul Blade, TAKI, Stinger88

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Stinger88 polycounter
Latest Update:

takimodel2.jpg

takimodel21.jpg

I decided to change my idea due to the fact that CJE is doing MK's Scorpion as a Gun Slinger. So to keep things simple I'll do something else. I've looked through the pages and hopefully no one is doing this idea.

Taki Futuristic

soul-edge-blade-taki.jpg

tron-guy-legacy.jpg

Replies

• CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Awesome, looking forward to this. Hot Female Tron-Style Ninja, yes please.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks CJE.

OK. Mood board time.

moodboardl.jpg
  • StolenPants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now that is one sexy mood board! everyone seems to be going cyber route, but with taki's jiggly thumps how can u go wrong?!
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    StolenPants: Well...I hate to disapoint but....I'll be reducing her boobage a little bit. They are ridiculously large though.

Anyhoo. Update time. If you recognise the shoes. Thats because I have pinched them from an older concept of mine. But I've changed the image more than 75%, so like copyright law...Its a whole new piece of art...Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Not sure I like the tron glow lines. So I might drop them.

C&C welcome

taki1concept1.jpg
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    cool concept dude. I really like the fact that there isnt as much going on in the legs and torso, helps bring focus to the tech bits. I would however make sure to give the suit some kind of pattern or texture (maybe like a nanosuit or wetsuit type thing) just to keep it visually interesting.
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Concept looks pretty good so far although the glowing lines seem kind of random and not really forming a design. I'm not a big fan of the horizontal bar above the chest. I wonder if you could play up the Tron aspect more with the lines right on the body instead of just on the armored parts.
  • onelunglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelunglewis polycounter lvl 10
    Keep it up, who can't beat a hot chick in skin tights!
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks guys. :)

CJE: yep. The cloth will defo have a tech feel to it. And the cloth panels will be of differing materials to break it up a bit. Also will be adding some more seams, etc.

Haikai: Yeah the glowing bits were kind of slapped on just to give me a feel of how it'll look. Will experiment with them some more.

Ok. Little reference update. Later versions of Taki have Demon armour which i'll try and incorporate. But I'll keep the design very sleek. Very like Batman. Also I'll be keeping it Mat black.

Actually. This might turn out to be a BaTaki (maybe that sounds a bit to much like bukaki....If you are unsure what that is, I advise against looking it up)

armourref.jpg
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Some new style batman armour looks like a cool way to take this! I like the idea of a black kevlar/carbon fibre twist on the demon face!
  • Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Digital Cantina polycounter lvl 11
    Love the concept, make sure she has a disk of some kind!
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks.

Endr: I'm not sure i'm going the Tron route just yet. Although if I do, thanks for reminding me of the discs. I will defo include one or two replacing her swords if I do go that way.

Quick armour sketchs to give a feeling of the direction this might go. I'm thinking number 2.

armour1gmug.jpg
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Cool start.
    Yeah the second shoulder pad looks best, first one looks too much like a beard, and last one is cool in a aerodynamic kind of way, but will probably make for a less interesting silhouette overall.
  • gwad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love it man , beautiful concept and girl, i prefere the 3trh concept
  • ViktorSan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perhaps you have to think why she use that shoulder pad... if she wants to frighten her opponents at first sight, choose the first or the second, but if it is something like a talisman, or something simbolic, go for the third, more confortable to wear, one.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    The design on your post 5 is very clean and I like it very much. I think you should continue on that direction. I'm not sure if somthing like these shoulder pads matches well with futuristic style. They look like ancient oriental art. You could try to sketch them using just one color, to simplify it more. Or even think in a transparent shoulder pad, or something made of light. You know lighter and simpler things... That's my suggestion.
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    nice piece so far. we all love taki, and we all love tron. so yeah. like cookies and milk.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks for the feedback guy. I've still yet to decide if I'll be using the demon armour so i'll try it out in the modelling stage to see how it looks. I may go back to the smoother looking armour. we shall see.

Small update:

headmesh1.jpg
  • Addi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matte black with pink tron lines would look ridiculously cool, nice loops cheek bones look non-existant but you'll fix it all up in zbrush ^,^
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    nice start m8!
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Great start, I like the style, look forward to seeing more. :0
  • SurvivorX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Excellent concept! Hoping to see this one finished :)
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks guys

Update: Ok, Its been a few months since I used Maya 8.5 so i'm a bit rusty and I'd totally forgotten how friggin annoying it is. After wrestling for about 1hour against probabaly the worst case of Non manifold geometry that I've seen. In the past when this has happened it would usually be 1 or 2 polys which is an easy fix really, but it seemed to be about 95% of the model and I couldnt get rid of it without checking every single polys (about 4K). Anyway. After crying in the corner for a few minutes I had a eureka moment....ZBRUSH! Zbrush how I love thee!. Quick story short.

Import mesh> append zsphere> select topology> make adaptive skin> Export new clean mesh. Done!

2 minutes...problem solved. Had a couple of mesh holes which was a quick fix.

I friggin Love ZBrush! ANyway. Here's the full basemesh.

takibase1.jpg
  • Stinger88
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Looks great so far man, really nice progress.
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    looking sweet, great proportions and a cute nose too....win! :)
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Thanks guys. Glad you like the nose :)

Just to let you know. My GPU broke down and i'm waiting for a new "super" computer to be delivered. So updates for this might not be for a while. I might not hit the deadline either but I WILL complete this character. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!

When I do get back to it I'm going to add an extra element to the design because I think just "futurefying" her outfit doesnt seem like enough.

I'm going to make her into a Bio Weapon. So i'll be adding a small backpack with chemical canisters with tubes running through her suit and into her skin. Where the tubes enter the skin there'll be highly visible vein damage. Might change the long ponytail as well.

Think, femme fatale style Bane

Bane_batmanarkhamasylum_288x288.jpg

matrix.jpg
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Finally...An Update.

Not much progress really. Just been blocking out the base mesh some more and messing about with my new rig. I'll probably do a paintover next to refine the character a bit.

Here she is...

takimodel1.jpg
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    update: Just about ready to scuplt.

takimodel2.jpg

takimodel21.jpg

p.s. New rig..... Maya 2012.... Still crashes as much (if not more) than Maya 8.5 WTF!