Author : Texelion

Old (#1)

Quote:
In another attempt to popularize police, the Interior Ministry has released a computer game, "Police", in which players control a police officer who lonely storms a bank seized by criminals.
hmm.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1725586/738215.jpg

hmmmmm. looks familiar...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1725586/rendernew2%20copy.jpg

HMMMMMM.

thanks Colditz for the find.

Last edited by Racer445; 03-08-2011 at 05:27 PM..
freelance 3d artist and certified hood classic

http://www.racer445.com/
Offline , polycounter, 1,207 Posts, Join Date Jun 2008, Location the slums of shaolin  

Old (#2)
Damn!, Wtf, sorry racer How did Colditz find this out?
Offline , polycounter, 932 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Seattle  

Old (#3)
Are going to do anything about it?

Can you do anything about it? I mean, since its a real weapon, you might have a hard time proving your case.
Offline , triangle, 296 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#4)
are you 100% positive it is yours?
did you posted this model somewhere?
Offline , triangle, 305 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Irvine, CA Send a message via Skype™ to slipgatecentral  

Old (#5)
^really? The grime spots are in the exact same place on the geo, the same color, the same size, and all the colors are the same...
Brandon Nobbs, World Artist
My Portfolio
OreZom Trails
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,272 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Kirkland WA Send a message via AIM to Thegodzero Send a message via Yahoo to Thegodzero  

Old (#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegodzero View Post
^really? The grime spots are in the exact same place on the geo, the same color, the same size, and all the colors are the same...
okay okay I see it, the wood pattern is pretty much the same too.
what a nice shameless ripoff!
guess nothing he could do about it, it's Georgia, their soldiers managed to steal every detachable part of Humvees while taking a military training from US sergeants
Offline , triangle, 305 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Irvine, CA Send a message via Skype™ to slipgatecentral  

Old (#7)
i guess some people weren't around a few years ago when i released a dvd length video series detailing the entire creation of this asset... and included the final model with downsized textures not for distribution.

the asset is so old and terrible that they can keep it. i just thought it was funny.
freelance 3d artist and certified hood classic

http://www.racer445.com/
Offline , polycounter, 1,207 Posts, Join Date Jun 2008, Location the slums of shaolin  

Old (#8)
asset still looks great, at least the game looks like crap. So stupid no one has any honor or morals anymore. Dont stop making tuts they help alot racer, at least they have helped me a ton
Offline , polycounter, 777 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009, Location http://nickbarone3d.weebly.com/  

Old (#9)
Theres a download link to the full game in the youtube video description. Just saying...cause, ya know, the game also looks awesome fucking awesome.
Offline , polycounter, 932 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Seattle  

Old (#10)
Guy is a 1 man swat team
Offline , polycounter, 777 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009, Location http://nickbarone3d.weebly.com/  

Old (#11)
wow, what the hell?
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,489 Posts, Join Date Nov 2009, Location Copenhagen, Denmark Send a message via MSN to bbob  

Old (#12)
And Russians are the enemy? Well, coming from Georgia that is really really not surprising (albeit them being able to defeat them is completely unrealistic dohoho). But, what? They didn't even change or remove sounds found in UDK. Hah, wow..
Kudos to ya Racer for really not giving a shit, I'd rage forever and I'll rage a bit now, for you.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,580 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Norway Send a message via MSN to Skamberin  

Old (#13)
Reminded me of this:

We are cops! We fire guns!
Geospheres rule, regular spheres drool!
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,618 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location the Netherlands (Europe)  

Old (#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer445 View Post
i guess some people weren't around a few years ago when i released a dvd length video series detailing the entire creation of this asset... and included the final model with downsized textures not for distribution.

the asset is so old and terrible that they can keep it. i just thought it was funny.
srsly dude, stop downgrading your work
also your tutorials, nobody gives a fuck if there are some things that arent 100% correct, they are a great help

i dont know how the saying is in english, but its something along the lines
"you can learn something from everything"
Offline , polygon, 578 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Germany  

Old (#15)
thats incredibly lame! You should at least contact the people who made the game.

Somebody was paid to steal your art and claim it as their own. That person should at the very least be fired from their job, since they are obviously not doing very well at it. Though that probably won't happen given the nature of the game and who made it.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,639 Posts, Join Date Jul 2005, Location Texas  

Old (#16)
hahahahhaha....

ahem..cough cough
Offline , polycounter, 820 Posts, Join Date Jan 2006, Location Canberra, Australia Send a message via MSN to achmedthesnake  

Old (#17)
i didn't...get that model when i download the tut
>____>

some of the gun sounds are familiar but im not sure where from
Dane N.
Offline , spline, 131 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010, Location Error  

Old (#18)
I can't identify from where but I know Sound General Series 6000 were derived for the gun noises, and you know how much that 'weapons' CD has been abused to and fro in the game design world.
fine. If you don't want me to do art, then I won't.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,378 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007,  

Old (#19)
I lol'd.

I mean, stealing art is awful, but this particular instance called for a lol.
Environment Artist | Visceral Games
ArtStation
Twitter
Offline , Captain Recap, 1,867 Posts, Join Date May 2009, Location Foster City, CA Send a message via AIM to Sean VanGorder Send a message via Skype™ to Sean VanGorder  

Old (#20)
I totally laughed out loud too, that is crazy. At first I thought it was just an awesome replica from someone who followed your tutorial. But yeah, it's just in worse lighting.
Offline , spline, 117 Posts, Join Date Dec 2010,  

Old (#21)
ummm I personally think you should feel honored racer. i mean damn, i didnt know cops got to kill so many drug cartel people. made me want to join the police. if this game didnt exists how would people know how cool it is too be a cop?
Anthony Vaccaro - Portfolio - Twitter
Environment Artist - Naughty Dog
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,266 Posts, Join Date Jun 2008, Location Santa Monica, CA Send a message via AIM to Autocon Send a message via MSN to Autocon  

Old (#22)
I like how they use ak47s with the stock folded, never seen any other game do that!

Also enodmi raised a good point, how on earth did anyone find this game :p
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,386 Posts, Join Date Nov 2007, Location UK Send a message via MSN to Yozora  

Old (#23)
NOoooooooooooooooooooo~
Offline , polycounter, 799 Posts, Join Date Nov 2009, Send a message via Skype™ to Jungsik  

Old (#24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer445 View Post

Naaaaaw I think you should do something about this. You're owed money on this. Make sure its a lot more than if they had actually come to you straight up and asked to use it for a fee ;) Government contractors should not work this way. Think about it, how many of the other assets are stolen? Was there a budget for art asset creation? Someone pocketed that money. Get what you are owed, and a lot more for the whole theft situation.
Offline , Banned, 5,298 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,