Hey fellow Polycounters, I've been having an issue in UDK.
I'm working on a scene that has sexy normal maps but and it looks great in the previewer til I actually build the lighting then most of my normal detail just disappears. I'm trying to figure out why. I've tried a lot of things already.
My scene has a
+Dominant Direction Light
+Ambient Light (For more control over the scene)
+Two point lights to check out the normal maps.
I have tried
- Multiplying Normal Map
- Changing the number of bounces
- Changing Environment Intensity
- Changing the Diffuse Boost
- Changing Values on Indirect Normal Influence Boost
- I've tried importing other objects into the scene, regular UDK ones, the same problem.
- All kinds of smaller settings that I can't really remember, it's just a haze of changing small values here and there and rebuilding to see the effects.
and lastly here is a lighting detail shot before and after right from the editor. Any help is appriciated, sucks that I'm stuck.