Home General Discussion

Concept Art in 3D?

Hi, I'm a 4th year Computer Arts student at Abertay University Dundee (Scotland, UK), and I'm currently working on my Honours Project which involves creating some unique 3D art for games (based on any chosen genre). I've come up with an interesting research question thats based on the theory of concept art below:

"In theory of creativity, how can concept art be created in 3D?"

I'm also trying to find out if theres any artists in the industries or freelanced who works on concept art only with 3D as a methode on the creative process.

So again, my project is based on investigating new ways of creating concept art, and also try out these methodes on any types of models including character design, props, and vehicles (with UV or Noemal texture maps on them). And finally produce a showreel featuring the final models with their textures as a finished media piece for my project, and to show the process of the model developments based on a new creative technique from my research and investigation.

It's what I've come up with so far, so hopefully this would work out well as an Honours Project for my final year.

If anyone knows about how concept art can be made in 3D or if it's possible to do so, then please bring in any feedbacks and thoughts about this topic on this forum post.

Thank you.