Author : Lextripper

Old (#1)
It has been a long time coming and I would like to be the first to publicly welcome you to Blizzard Entertainment. Paul will be joining our NextGen MMO team.

See you soon man!

-Kenny
Kenny Carvalho
Art Recruiter
Riot Games
http://www.riotgames.com/
Offline , triangle, 421 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Ladera Ranch, CA Send a message via ICQ to parasite7 Send a message via AIM to parasite7 Send a message via MSN to parasite7 Send a message via Skype™ to parasite7  

Old (#2)
LOL I'm sure he never even goes to this forum but grats anyway!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,634 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Irvine CA  

Old (#3)
Still get a boner when looking at his work for quake 4. Guy is nuts.
Offline , polygon, 705 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Orange County, CA Send a message via AIM to moof  

Old (#4)
Welcome to the team !
Offline , polycounter, 1,249 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Irvine, CA  

Old (#5)
Ohlala!
Offline , insane polycounter, 5,475 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Irvine CA  

Old (#6)
The new game must be M rated!

So awesome, can't wait to see.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,639 Posts, Join Date Jul 2005, Location Texas  

Old (#7)
Congratz paul!
Offline , spline, 213 Posts, Join Date Jun 2009, Location baltimore Send a message via AIM to Rayph Send a message via MSN to Rayph  

Old (#8)
Congrats!! Man, you guys are recruiting everyone from my inspiration bookmarks!! XD
Offline , spline, 169 Posts, Join Date Dec 2006, Location Irvine,CA  

Old (#9)
i'm buying this next title!

him and KP can be in kahootz together now.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,645 Posts, Join Date Jan 2009, Location North Carolina, USA Send a message via Yahoo to Firebert Send a message via Skype™ to Firebert  

Old (#10)
awesome, I looove looooove paul's line drawings of all his props, and his darksiders art makes me pop a massive chub. cant wait to see it all in the darksiders art book!

Congrats!
www.Pixel-Masher.com - Portfolio
Level Artist - Ubisoft Montreal
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,785 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location Montreal  

Old (#11)
Jesus man... Pauls stuffs amazing. I have both of his sketchbooks he had up for offer. They are great. Can't wait to see lesbian demons with 8 sided dildos shooting demon pumpkins out of cock tanks... FUCK YEAH!!!!
Offline , Moderator, 4,753 Posts, Join Date Sep 2006, Location Santa Monica, CA Send a message via AIM to Jesse Moody Send a message via MSN to Jesse Moody Send a message via Yahoo to Jesse Moody  

Old (#12)
Whut?!?! Obviously my schmoozing of him at Blizzcon sealed the deal! Either that or he joined in spite of my meddling. Regardless, it's awesome to have him aboard!
Offline , triangle, 465 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location Irvine, CA  

Old (#13)
Good stuff man, congrats!

Is it just me or has blizzard been hiring a lot of artists recently? Something must be goin' down!
Offline , spline, 227 Posts, Join Date Nov 2009, Location Norway Send a message via MSN to Flaringo  

Old (#14)
Paul's work is mind blowing! good for him!
Offline , polygon, 650 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location montreal - quebec  

Old (#15)
Paul is such a talented guy and he now he joins one amazing talented team. Cant wait to see Blizzards new project with all these amazing artists working on it

congratz Paul!
Anthony Vaccaro - Portfolio - Twitter
Environment Artist - Naughty Dog
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,217 Posts, Join Date Jun 2008, Location Santa Monica, CA Send a message via AIM to Autocon Send a message via MSN to Autocon  

Old (#16)
Loved his work for Quake4!

Doubt he even browses PC tho? GL
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,002 Posts, Join Date Aug 2007, Location q3dm6  

Old (#17)
Thanks, all! I troll on Polycount from time to time, but I'd feel like a real knob if I didn't say thanks to everyone on this thread and express my excitement for being part of this phenomenal team.

Also, since I didn't get much of a chance to say 'bye' to folks at Vigil, I want to again voice my admiration for everyone I worked with there. Some folks I wasn't able to interact with on my last afternoon, who are REALLY kicking ass there in the character department :

-Lee Strauss
-Gray Ginther
-Brian "BoBo" Jones
-Brian King
-Tohan Kim

I feel like I never got a chance to really tell you how talented I think you all are, and how honored I was to have collaborated with you.
Offline , null, 5 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#18)
Awesome for Paul I was wondering when the hell he was going to get snatched up.
Big congrats!
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,008 Posts, Join Date Jan 2005,  

Old (#19)
congrats!
---
jesse sosa
owner - creative director
Dinosaur Games
www.mechknightgame.com
www.skankerzero.com
Offline , Moderator++, 2,424 Posts, Join Date Jan 1970, Location Austin, TX Send a message via ICQ to skankerzero Send a message via AIM to skankerzero Send a message via MSN to skankerzero Send a message via Yahoo to skankerzero Send a message via Skype™ to skankerzero  

Old (#20)
So awesome. I love looking at his work for inspiration.
Environment Artist | Visceral Games
ArtStation
Twitter
Offline , Captain Recap, 1,836 Posts, Join Date May 2009, Location Foster City, CA Send a message via AIM to Sean VanGorder Send a message via Skype™ to Sean VanGorder  

Old (#21)
Paul glad to see you joined up. Maybe you could drop some art hotness from time to time in here. I know many of us would love it
Offline , Moderator, 4,753 Posts, Join Date Sep 2006, Location Santa Monica, CA Send a message via AIM to Jesse Moody Send a message via MSN to Jesse Moody Send a message via Yahoo to Jesse Moody  

Old (#22)
Congrats Mr Richards.

The level of talent you have on that team now is quite honestly mind-blowing. I'm not exaggerating when I say in my opinion you literally have the best artists in the world on that team.

Mildly disappointed for Vigil now Josh Singh and Paul Richards are gone, hopefully they injected enough of their awesome into DS2 and the upcoming 40K MMO before they left.

But yeah, big fan of Pauls art, just this minute got a shipping notification from Amazon re the Darksiders art book!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,809 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009, Location Warwickshire, UK  

Old (#23)
Oh, wow. Congrats! Of course, his work is so amazing. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for Blizzard. Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about Vigil.
Offline , polygon, 533 Posts, Join Date Jun 2007, Location Durham, NC  

Old (#24)
goddam. Surprised it took this long haha. Grats dude.
edit: is there a list of all the recent blizz hires?

Last edited by bounchfx; 11-05-2010 at 01:56 PM..
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,866 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#25)
Awesome news for Blizzard! Congrats Paul on joining an already deadly team of artists...you guy's need to leave some for the rest of us:P

Spark
Offline , polycounter, 1,037 Posts, Join Date Feb 2005, Location Richardson, TX Send a message via ICQ to Spark Send a message via MSN to Spark Send a message via Yahoo to Spark