Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: animax

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
animax polycounter lvl 15
Hi guys,

I am Priyabrata. I will be putting all my work progresses here.I would love to have some polycounter critiques and comments .:poly121:

I am currently working on this concept gun. I found the concept long back.It's probably from Final Fantasy Game.Will post the link when i remember.

Here is the concept art and few images which i am referring for texturing and shading.

wip_sep_02_refsheet.jpg

So far i have finished working on the Normal Maps. Here are some shots of the low-poly + normal map.

wip_sep_02_polycount.jpg

Will be putting the texturing progress soon.

Thanks

Replies

• rahul_shrimali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rahul_shrimali polycounter lvl 15
    very very nice. looking forward to see more..
  • animax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i have done some texturing so far.I am not able to get the exact feel of the material.I have posted the material reference image below.I would like to know how others approach the metal texturing.

I had done a base metal diffuse and then worked on the specular to try to get the feel of the metal.But it seems like it also depends on the shader settings also to get accurate output.btw I am using Xoliul's shader in 3dsmax 2011.

Felt that the metal part needed a pass of surface normal , which i generated through Photoshop normalmap filter.It did help quite a bit to break of the specular.Now i will be working on the diffuse again. :poly127:

[High-res model]
    wip_sep_08_02.jpg

[Texture Pages]
    wip_sep_08_03.jpg

[Texture Update]

wip_sep_08_01.jpg

Do comment.
    Thanks.
  • animax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok.Here goes my latest and final update on this gun.Taken too much of my time.But finally reached somewhere i am pretty happy with and learned my way to reach this far.

I have used the awesome shader, XoliulShader by Laurens Corjin.
    3dsmax 2011 viewport render.

gun_final_01.jpg

gun_final_02.jpg

gun_final_03.jpg

gun_final_04.jpg

Hope you guys like it.Will be posting some new works soon.
  • animax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are some of my recent wips on the old works of mine.Trying to finish it.

Ghost Pirate Le Chuck from "Monkey Island" game by Lucas Arts.

r40PlKi

wrYJEg6lHBxk8N

Chucky from "Child's Play" Film

DINnf0p

EJTAOBZ

And the Last Sculpt

Maleficent from Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" film

r39ejT8

qLM6Y79