Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK - Splash Damage Art Test

I know, i know. Another one of these... Did have fun with this one though and learned a lot about speeding up my normal map making process and about UDK.
And now, pics:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Some of the different parts:

Parts01.jpg
Parts02.jpg

And some textures:
SplashTextures.jpg

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    this is a very interesting visual style , thanks for sharing !!
  • PhilipK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhilipK polycounter lvl 10
    I really like the style too! Great work. Only thing I could crit just a tiny bit is it'd be nice with some slightly darker shadows, but that's personal taste to help bring some more depth to the scene.

Anyway, great style and execution!
  • Bruno Afonseca
    love the colors. I´d throw a seagull in there!
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    I assume this is an art test that connects to BRINK? if so, add more rust!
    edit* and make the shadows darker! having that sunset light, would add blue shadows all over the place like the blue in your sky away from the sun.
  • Whoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for the comments:) I have this one wrapped up already but I'll definately add darker shadows in my next project.
    *Evil -- It's based on BRINK's container city, but I didn't want to just copy that. It's not that I don't like what SplashDamage did with container city (I really like it), but it's more that making a 'cleaner' scene is much more challenging for me. Usually I dive into adding too much detail and I wanted to stay away from that and make a 'clean', colorful and appealing scene.