Naughty Dog is hiring! We are the creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. We have multiple openings in our environment department at our beautiful location in Santa Monica, California.
Requirements/ Bonus Skills:
- Creating models for both architectural and organic natural environments.
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain them, so they stay in frame rate, memory and design spec.
- 3-5 years experience games or games related experience modeling and texturing environments using Maya
- Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines.
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets.
- great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates.
- Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so he meets all the deadlines and is able to adjust when changes happen.
- Excellent eye for light, shade, and color,.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Foundation in the traditional arts
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your portfolio please include three examples of your most impressive work. Include only environments, no character models please . . . that's another job. Best of luck!