Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - Heavy Lunch Break

One afternoon while on a lunch break, the Heavy Weapons Guy was wandering through his local supply shop when he stumbled upon a Lunch Box. He thought, "What perfect place for Sandvich to take nap!" The lunch box appeared to be in mint condition, but didn't have a price tag. To the Heavy, the greatest thing about this lunch box was that Saxton Hale's face was painted on the top. He thought it was one of a kind. The Heavy couldn't find another lunch box in the store, let alone an identical one with a price on it.

So, he brought it up to the counter to find out how much it was and the skinny-boy clerk said to him, "What? What is this stupid crap? A lunch box? Yo! What's a lunch box doing in a gun shop? Git it outta here! Just take it and git outta here, will ya?!"

The Heavy shouted, "Yesss!" as he walked towards the exit. Just before he met the door, his eyes happened upon a hat from his past. A Peaked Cap. It reminded him of home and his comrades in the army, so he bought it with what little money he did have.

On the walk home, the Heavy, with hat on head, tin in hand and grin on face, heard something clanking around. When he stopped to hear, it was gone. But as soon as he started walking again, it returned! The Heavy, curious, shook each limb at separate times to pin point the source of this sound. When he shook his legs all he could hear was boot laces. He shook his butt, but all he could hear was his bullet strap clanking. He finally shook his arms and viola, the source of the sound, right there in the palm of his hand.

The Heavy curiously peered inside the lunch box. He found, a note, a couple of empty, gooey Sandvich wrappers, a can of un-opened Bonk! Atomic Punch and a folded up blue piece of paper. He started reading the note:
Dear Saxton,

I made your favorite steaks for lunch, I just hope you remember to BRING IT WITH YOU this time. I painted your face on it so that everybody knows it's yours. No one will mess with it. I promise! I don't think anyone wants to get beat to a pulp by the hands of you, Saxton.

Also, you left another one of your blue prints on the kitchen table last night, hun. I packed it in here for you in case you need it at the office today. I also packed in a can of Bonk! I know how much you don't like it, but the adverts say it's good for you.

xoxo

Love,
Mom
The Heavy burst into laughter at the closing remarks of the note. It dawned upon him that he has Saxton Hale's Lunch Box and suddenly he panicked. He had to disguise it, for he did not want to get rid of it. The Heavy Weapons Guy ran home and went straight into his supply closet, found his unused sticker collection and slapped one on the top of the lunch box.

Relief came over the Heavy, so much so that he almost forgot about the blue-print inside. He thought, "It's be prototype! ALL MINE!" He burst out laughing. Heavy decided to open the lunch box and pull out the blue-print. What he saw next was astounding. A double-barreled shotgun. Again, the Heavy shouted, "YESSSSSS!" and calmed down before continuing to himself. "This is BIIIIG weapon... no more ittsy-bittsy gun!"

THE END...

The Mock-ups
heavyweaponsguy.jpg

Heavy MANN Lunch Tin
(WIP) HEAVY WEAPONS GUY Melee Weapon
lunchtin01.jpg
lunchtin02.jpg

The
Soviet Slugger
(WIP) HEAVY WEAPONS GUY Secondary Weapon
shotgunw.jpg

Replies

• Fragus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great concepts so far, but put your nickname into the thread, not your theme
  • Rollover Minutes
    Cool theme, but what would the lunch box do?
  • MajorToms
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a melee weapon.
    I know people are making a big deal about making up gameplay for their unlocks, and I didn't wanna cause a fuss. I actually thought about it a bit..

-5% swing speed.
    +5% Melee damage.
    Sandvich gets a 20-40 HP boost.
  • MajorToms
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have some new pictures for my models. No textures yet, but it's coming along.

The Soviet Slugger is just about finished. I have a couple of tweaks to do around the handle and I have to finish assigning smoothing groups.

shotgun2.jpg

Next up, I have the Peaked Cap that I've been working on. Not much in terms of polish yet. It's still a really rough work in progress. I'm undecided as to putting a star on the front with leaves coming out like some Russian peaked caps, or if I should put the Team Fortress Crosshairs on the front instead. The Heavy's Ushunka already has a star on it and I don't know if this will cramp that style.

hatyj.jpg